Momentum | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And what type might that be?

Fair weather fans that are more about level of opponents vs watching their team and supporting them regardless of what Division they play in.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I hate when I agree with Jimmy Serrano but this thread has been a disaster for the pro-FCS crowd. Just stop everyone.
I dont think its a disaster. Just a lot of people making points and counter points without comprehension.

Reaction Score
Here’s another guy who doesn’t go to games lecturing the rest of us who do.

You don't need to take it to calling people idiots.

And I am not lecturing anyone. I am making an observation. And the only reason I cannot go to the games is because the government has me living on the other side of the country.

Reaction Score
I hate when I agree with Jimmy Serrano but this thread has been a disaster for the pro-FCS crowd. Just stop everyone.

Who is the pro-FCS crowd? I don't think anyone has said "let's move to the FCS." The conversation was that we would rather have an FCS team then no team at all. Why does everyone keep missing that?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
OMG - who ever said that?

You said "welcome to New England" just because someone said people won't go to UConn's FCS games.

That's true everywhere.

Dude, if you think New Englanders are good fans, then fine. I'm not going to spend time on this subject.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The idiot keeps lecturing people on what kind of fans they are if we don’t go to the FCS games.

I agree with you in that the vast majority of FBS UConn fans would drop their fandom if we dropped to FCS level. And I don't think less of anyone who felt that way. I get it. I would attend fewer games too. And no one should lecture others about attendance unless maybe they are season ticket holders.

I just have always felt that IF the school had to choose between FCS on a shoe string budget (Albany has FCS football for christ sake) or no football, I would hope the school decides FCS. I wouldn't want us to be in a place where a school like Nova has football and we dont. And one more time, I dont want us at this decision point, I believe in FBS for the long - long haul.

Reaction Score
Dude, if you think New Englanders are good fans, then fine. I'm not going to spend time on this subject.
I didn't say new englanders are good fans. just that they are no different from the rest of the country in that a drop from FBS to FCS would cause fans everywhere else in the country to stop following the teams. Your complaining about the conversation going off the rails, maybe stop creating strawmen.

If you don't think any FBS team that drops down to FCS won't also lose a ton of fans at games then yes, you should stop spending time on this subject.

Reaction Score
I dont think its a disaster. Just a lot of people making points and counter points without comprehension.
Hopefully you're including yourself in that observation right?

Reaction Score
What FCS schools are doing makes zero sense and a lot of them are going to have to deal with in the medium term.

They would lose even MORE money in FCS.

That's been my point all along. You are in or out.

Reaction Score
Did I miss when those schools were in a BCS league and went to the Fiesta Bowl.

If your point is people will support a winning FCS team here....

1. There isn’t really any evidence they would win at the FCS level

2. They wouldn’t draw 5k to FCS games

It would be a total and complete embarrassment.

There is zero chance I would ever go to an FCS game UNLESS it was a conference championship game or a playoff game.

Reaction Score
This thread was originally about Momentum, wasn't it? Bush 41 called it Big Mo, did he not?

At the end of the day, whether or not HCPP and Disco were as bad as we all say they were (I kinda doubt it, the margin for error at this level is very thin) or whether HCRE2.0 is as good as some on this board say he is (the jury is still out), at the very very least we have not heard in a very long time the phrase "First we have to establish the run." That in itself is progress and might even pass for momentum at this point just prior to UConn's third 3-9 season in a row. We might even get pleasantly surprised.

Reaction Score
There is zero chance I would ever go to an FCS game UNLESS it was a conference championship game or a playoff game.
Yeah and how many people are going to show up to a game against Rhode island when it's 40 degrees and raining?

Reaction Score

It just means you are getting wise as you grow up.

Reaction Score
#FakeFan
(i'm making a list, you, me, @JMick, and @Jimmy Serrano are at the top)
I barely even go to games now. None of my friends are remotely interested in UConn football. I basically have to buy tickets and promise them free beer to convince them to go to 1 or 2 games a season

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Have you lived in a place where there is only one game in town?

What I am getting at is the culture in those locations are vastly different...what some people think of "the only thing to do on Saturday" is vastly different in those places.

Anchorage, Alaska had a professional hockey team (below NHL) and it was literally "the only game in town" in a town that loves hockey....they didn't necessarily pack the arena because folks were doing other things because sports aren't the only things to do. Folks went to the games because they were fans, regardless of what level the team was playing at.

To say folks wont attend UConn football games just because they move down a Division shows what type of fans we have.

I've lived in a few places where there was no game town unless you wanted to drive for an hour or more to find one, or anything else to do.

The reality is UConn fans didn't support a mediocre I-AA football program playing its games in a 16,000 seat on campus stadium, where all the student body had to do was walk over. You can say that makes us bad football fans, but that same history will repeat itself if we downgrade the program to that level again.

Reaction Score
Do we really need to keep going or are we making this another one of those threads you turn into a waste?
you-mad-bro_o_1160785.jpg

if you don't want the thread to go to waste, maybe stop creating strawman arguments refuting things people didn't say.

Reaction Score
I barely even go to games now. None of my friends are remotely interested in UConn football. I basically have to buy tickets and promise them free beer to convince them to go to 1 or 2 games a season
I stopped inviting casual fans to games when I found myself repeatedly apologizing during and after the games.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Can always count on Wing to say Strawman first. Its a lock.

Reaction Score
To say folks wont attend UConn football games just because they move down a Division shows what type of fans we have.
Welcome to New England?:rolleyes:
this is neither unique to UConn nor New England.

Unless you guys know of a bunch of other places where FCS teams routinely outdraw FBS teams.
Dude, if you think New Englanders are good fans, then fine.
pot/kettle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman