Momentum | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sure you don’t know how many people go to the games or what the stadium’s capacity is but lecture away about the right way to be a fan. You will fit in perfect around here too.
You sound like someone who’s been affiliated with the BY for too long.

Pssst...In case you didn’t know, there are UConn fans that exist that don’t participate in the BY. You do get that right? And for any of those fans who decide to enter the dark world of the BY they will appear to be a newbie with a vested interest until the inhabitants deem them credible....
Only you should stop wasting your time trying to figure out who I am and continue to offer opinions that provide debate.
Know what I’m sayin?

Let me stop...I believe I’m becoming unhinged now.
Let me get it together....Breathe....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Haha. You remind me of Trump with the birther movement. Let it go bud. Let it go. Whether I’m a longtime UConn fan, fan for about 10 years or just showed up for a kid/recruit- my opinion is just as valid as anyones. But as I’ve stated before my ties to UConn go WAY back to RE 1.0. I know and hung out with players from those winning teams that you’ll never know. Just continue to opine and receive counter points and debate. Leave the corny detective work at the door.
Great job with this thread bud. It actually created some nice debate.

Sure thing Javy.

Maybe if you make it to a game some day you’ll have a better idea of what the attendance and capacity of the stadium are.

Then you can get back to tell people who been hardcore fans of the program for decades how they should think and act.

Reaction Score
Let’s see what we think of fan support by the temple game in November. The colonial averaged 9800 in league attendence last year, will we match that over the last three games? gonna be close and would be happy to be wrong.

If Albany can have a team, there is no way we don’t have a team.
Heck. UCF put up an o’fer a few years back...
Play the games and lets see where we are.
I choose optimism
Fill the place up at night on Aug 30th. That will be a beautiful sight.

Reaction Score
Our stadium holds 45-48k.
5BA2E619-B181-4D55-833E-7D1B266ABF74.jpeg

Reaction Score
Sure thing Javy.

Maybe if you make it to a game some day you’ll have a better idea of what the attendance and capacity of the stadium are.

Then you can get back to tell people who been hardcore fans of the program for decades how they should think and act.
Don’t think I was too far off on capacity or fan supports. The gist of it is the place can hold over 40k and fan support sucks as the team plays in an empty stadium.
Better?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You sound like someone who’s been affiliated with the BY for too long.

Pssst...In case you didn’t know, there are UConn fans that exist that don’t participate in the BY. You do get that right? And for any of those fans who decide to enter the dark world of the BY they will appear to be a newbie with a vested interest until the inhabitants deem them credible....
Only you should stop wasting your time trying to figure out who I am and continue to offer opinions that provide debate.
Know what I’m sayin?

Let me stop...I believe I’m becoming unhinged now.
Let me get it together....Breathe....

Or maybe someone who doesn’t even know how big the stadium is isn’t in a position to pass judgement on what are good fans? Maybe?

I could care less who you are - I think it’s funny that you pretended to be Javy Mojica and that you get so upset when it’s obvious why you are here.

You got all over me about what I posted so I pointed out you have zero credibility. Sorry not sorry Jav.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Don’t think I was too far off on capacity or fan supports. The gist of it is the place can hold over 40k and fan support sucks as the team plays in an empty stadium.
Better?

Nope. Still wrong. You could google it.... but here: they publish a 40k capacity with ~38,500 seats.

Reaction Score
Sure thing Javy.

According to you hardcore fan the team should just forfeit the UCF game.
That’s not a hardcore fan, in my opinion. Sounds like a bandwagon fan to me.
Those Loyola Chicago fans were hardcore. Those UMBC fans were hardcore.
Sports is a beautiful thing. Such a parallel to life.
Let’s go UConn Nation! Rise up.
August 30th is coming.
I’ll be at The Rent on the 30th. Hopefully I can get the attendance right.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
According to you hardcore fan the team should just forfeit the UCF game.
That’s not a hardcore fan, in my opinion. Sounds like a bandwagon fan to me.
Those Loyola Chicago fans were hardcore. Those UMBC fans were hardcore.
Sports is a beautiful thing. Such a parallel to life.
Let’s go UConn Nation! Rise up.
August 30th is coming.
I’ll be at The Rent on the 30th. Hopefully I can get the attendance right.

Hope you enjoy your first trip to the Rent.

I think that will officially make you the judge of what defines hardcore.

You can get the attendance on twitter, the blogs, the boxscore, the radio, here.... you won’t even need Google if you play your cards right.

Reaction Score
Or maybe someone who doesn’t even know how big the stadium is isn’t in a position to pass judgement on what are good fans? Maybe?

I could care less who you are - I think it’s funny that you pretended to be Javy Mojica and that you get so upset when it’s obvious why you are here.

You got all over me about what I posted so I pointed out you have zero credibility. Sorry not sorry Jav.
Nah. Not mad at all. Funny thing is there are long time BY’ers that actually share my sentiments. Truthfully it’s not even a UConn thing. My point was a shot at fandom period. I led off with pointing out the failures of Vol Nation.

No one needs credibility with a fan base to point out the obvious cynicism and jaded nature of a group of people.
Just going through these posts there are some positive people that will agree with me and some negative nellies that will dissent.
Obviously your post attempts to speak up for the entire BY which leads me to believe that you are WAY too serious about this forum.
It’s actually quite funny.

Reaction Score
First ... UConn Athletic Department is NOT just Football and Men's Basketball. The Jimmy Carter Malaise exhibited by some is because these years have been tough in those two bell cow sports. The Overall AD is genuinely in good shape. But we were in the Jeff Hathaway Zzzzz years. We hire Program coaches and let them develop to compete for championships. That was true of Calhoun and Auriemma; but also Stevens and Ray Reid (?). Jim Penders. Mike Cavanaugh. Randy Edsall is proven - in my mind. It is tough this term because the new conference does not provide the buzz for State of Connecticut fans as the Big East slant of Pitt, Syracuse, Rutgers, WVU, BC. But, some of the things Edsall is doing this time informs me that he is actually a better HC than the previous years.

Second ... Michael Hogan was a very mediocre administrator. The Susan Herbst years, in contrast, has been one of significant University growth and excellence. The athletic department is merely one important component of a campus (series of campuses) that needed energetic leadership and change. To judge Susan Herbst (or David Benedict) on conference status ignores that our path was largely set in 2002-2003, long before they arrived. Beat out Louisville>? Only if the collective political structure was willing to bankrupt the City, County and State (further) with a YUM type deal; which I suspect is rivaled by their PapaJohns Stadium deal. The University, in the realm it operates, does not have the juice to push through stupidity. I do not see the New Big East as a hugely beneficial option. I think we are in FBS Football for the long haul given a $200-300m investment. And the marketing, given the poor field performance since 2010 (hmmm) is pushing a rock up a hill thus far.

The reason I don't like to engage in the debate is the above answer doesn't really ever change. Nothing about this moment in time gives more momentum than Danny Hurley and Randy Edsall - solid two gets and contracts given the circumstances. And, yet, I do bring up the history: We sucked before John Toner edged us into the Dave Gavitt discussion; we have a glorious rise since. And there will be great days again.

This is the single most insightful post I've read on The Boneyard in years (other than everything from Conspiracy Kitty, of course). Thank you Pudge.

Reaction Score
Hope you enjoy your first trip to the Rent.

I think that will officially make you the judge of what defines hardcore.
Well, if I’m affiliated with someone on the team then I probably would have come to the Spring game no?
It was a very bright and sunny day on April 14th!
Those large chicken fingers and fries were yummy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nah. Not mad at all. Funny thing is there are long time BY’ers that actually share my sentiments. Truthfully it’s not even a UConn thing. My point was a shot at fandom period. I led off with pointing out the failures of Vol Nation.

No one needs credibility with a fan base to point out the obvious cynicism and jaded nature of a group of people.
Just going through these posts there are some positive people that will agree with me and some negative nellies that will dissent.
Obviously your post attempts to speak up for the entire BY which leads me to believe that you are WAY too serious about this forum.
It’s actually quite funny.

I’m not speaking for anyone but myself.

I don’t name myself the fandom judge for teams I’ve never been a fan of. That’s you.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, if I’m affiliated with someone on the team then I probably would have come to the Spring game no?
It was a very bright and sunny day on April 14th!
Those large chicken fingers and fries were yummy.

Good point - now I see why you can accend to the role - you’ve been inside the building!

Reaction Score
I would agree but only because it’s being smothered by stupid.
Sorry Jimmy. I simply put out there that fans need to support their team regardless of what’s going on. That the Rent should be packed to give the boys an extra kick.
Show recruits that they’ll potentially be coming to a supportive fan base. We get pissed that we miss out on recruits but when they come to Spring games where there are 3k people- on top of the losing- it just doesn’t help matters. You’d be surprised how much fan support can help turn around a program.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
On second thought, this is the most exciting the football board has been in 5 months.

I heard Pudge posted the most insightful thing in Boneyard history.

Which boils down to: you can’t hold anyone except Hathaway accountable for anything and don’t do anything different than you are already doing. You get Jimmy Carter and random capitalized words for free.

We’ll just continue to ignore that everyone successful was hired long before the leadership team got here. That helps the blame Hathaway narrative.

BTW how long does Ray Reid get to rest on the 80’s and Cavanaugh has finished like 6-7th in the league - I’m not sure I’d put him in the HOF yet.

Reaction Score
Sorry Jimmy. I simply put out there that fans need to support their team regardless of what’s going on. That the Rent should be packed to give the boys an extra kick.
Show recruits that they’ll potentially be coming to a supportive fan base. We get pissed that we miss out on recruits but when they come to Spring games where there are 3k people- on top of the losing- it just doesn’t help matters. You’d be surprised how much fan support can help turn around a program.

What are you talking about? I don’t even read your posts.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What are you talking about? I don’t even read your posts.

He thinks that people should support the team by going to games.

Why didn’t you ever think to go to a game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom