Mohamed Bamba | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Mohamed Bamba

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Wrong.
Accept for the fact that he was completely correct. Hasheem scored more than 20 six times his junior year and was close to it on many occasions. Again, don't let facts get in the way of your fantasy based narrative.

Last edited:

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Accept for the fact that he was completely correct. Hasheem scored more than 20 six times his junior year and was close to it on many occasions. Again, don't let facts get in the way of your fantasy based narrative.
Dude, seriously, he could have scored a thousand points for all I care. Emeka was the better all around player period, I know HT was better than what we have had, but you and everyone else are the ones living in fantasy land if you think he was a complete player like Okafor was. Again demonstrated by the longevity of his NBA career, Emeka never saw the D League, end of story. I'm done debating this with you and everyone else, it's getting old and frankly I've got better things to do. Bottom line, my hope/wish/desire is we land a big man who we can run some plays through, can hold their own on the block and looks like an intelligent basketball player vs a lost puppy. I hope you have a splendid day my fellow Husky , remember we are all on the same side... Go Huskies!!!!

Reaction Score
My argument is he wasn't feared offensively and that Emeka was a better overall talent, dispute that... His NBA career was a joke...

Thabeet was not Okafor at UConn. Okafor was a legit NOPY candidate. Thabeet was "just" a first team All-Big EAst and honorable mention All-American Center. But no one said he was as good as Okafor -- you said we hadn't had a real center since Okafor. And any belief that a first team all league center isn't real is either idiotic or obnoxious. Or more likely in your case both.

Reaction Score
Dude, seriously, he could have scored a thousand points for all I care. Emeka was the better all around player period, I know HT was better than what we have had, but you and everyone else are the ones living in fantasy land if you think he was a complete player like Okafor was. Again demonstrated by the longevity of his NBA career, Emeka never saw the D League, end of story. I'm done debating this with you and everyone else, it's getting old and frankly I've got better things to do. Bottom line, my hope/wish/desire is we land a big man who we can run some plays through, can hold their own on the block and looks like an intelligent basketball player vs a lost puppy. I hope you have a splendid day my fellow Husky , remember we are all on the same side... Go Huskies!!!!

Hey there's the NBA and there's college. Some guys just end up good college players, great for some, their games do not transition to the next level though it happens. That was as close to great and dominant as you get. Emeka was better overall because he ended up with a really nice face-the-basket game, improved it dramatically. Thabeet was easily the biggest force on D we have ever seen in the lane, not close. People got offensive rebounds and got the hell out of dodge if their name wasn't Blair all the time and if they didn't their shots were only hoping they didn't get blocked getting nowhere near the basket. He wasn't Emeka on O for sure but he was someone you could throw the ball to and he could do something with it. Didn't have to be a lob and wasn't always a put back as you say, he improved no doubt to the point where he was a threat. Yeah your argument is getting old in just one thread because you insist on the NBA stats which means . We're talking college - Adam Morrison sucked too huh? Laettner wasn't as good at Duke as people say because did you see how little he accomplished in the NBA? Like it or not Thabeet is one of the best gigs we've had don the uniform and his improvement over 3 years is something we could only wish we had 1/2 of for our guy now. Enough about this..

Because after this I am in agreement, we need someone physically tough to keep their ground but also athletic and intelligent enough to know when to help, block shots and move their feet. It's been a while, we're due. Maybe a basket will show up on the porch this spring/summer - hear's hoping!

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Thabeet was not Okafor at UConn. Okafor was a legit NOPY candidate. Thabeet was "just" a first team All-Big EAst and honorable mention All-American Center. But no one said he was as good as Okafor -- you said we hadn't had a real center since Okafor. And any belief that a first team all league center isn't real is either idiotic or obnoxious. Or more likely in your case both.
Again your lawyer skills need sharpening, I actually said we haven't had a player with all the tools a big man should have like Okafor . After that, I said Thabeet wasn't as good as Okafor as others debated. I said I actually liked HT and he had skills, again, I'm a UCONN fan like everyone else and an alumni. Opinions are what they are, facts are facts, law 101. What can be proven is Okafor was a better talent overall and that's a fact . My other point is we haven't had that type of player since he left, deal with that fact as well. Have a splendid day counselor .

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Hey there's the NBA and there's college. Some guys just end up good college players, great for some, their games do not transition to the next level though it happens. That was as close to great and dominant as you get. Emeka was better overall because he ended up with a really nice face-the-basket game, improved it dramatically. Thabeet was easily the biggest force on D we have ever seen in the lane, not close. People got offensive rebounds and got the hell out of dodge if their name wasn't Blair all the time and if they didn't their shots were only hoping they didn't get blocked getting nowhere near the basket. He wasn't Emeka on O for sure but he was someone you could throw the ball to and he could do something with it. Didn't have to be a lob and wasn't always a put back as you say, he improved no doubt to the point where he was a threat. Yeah your argument is getting old in just one thread because you insist on the NBA stats which means . We're talking college - Adam Morrison sucked too huh? Laettner wasn't as good at Duke as people say because did you see how little he accomplished in the NBA? Like it or not Thabeet is one of the best gigs we've had don the uniform and his improvement over 3 years is something we could only wish we had 1/2 of for our guy now. Enough about this..

Because after this I am in agreement, we need someone physically tough to keep their ground but also athletic and intelligent enough to know when to help, block shots and move their feet. It's been a while, we're due. Maybe a basket will show up on the porch this spring/summer - hear's hoping!
Again, don't care about those guys or their stats, only Ok and Th. Yes, agree, just want a good big man brother is all. Be well.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Can we start a fight Club thread and these fools can step into it and piss all over each other
Get a life dude, you and everyone else if you think I give a darn what you or anyone else thinks..

Reaction Score
Get a life dude, you and everyone else if you think I give a darn what you or anyone else thinks..
That was like the least critical post of you in the last couple of pages. What was that response for?

Reaction Score
That was like the least critical post of you in the last couple of pages. What was that response for?
With the general style of posting and the emerging frequent use of "dude," I think we have been arguing with a teenager. So I think we ought to just let him be.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
With the general style of posting and the emerging frequent use of "dude," I think we have been arguing with a teenager. So I think we ought to just let him be.
He's 21 maybe 22, thus the '94' in his Boneyard handle.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Can we lock this thread so when something productive comes out we can make a new one? I keep hoping we'll get something every time I open the thread, it's getting very time consuming and sad.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Man, all of you need a hobby. I'm a UCONN SUPPORTER, gave an opinion and all of either whined or cried over an opinion, get over it! If now you're trying to guess what 94 is, we've got bigger problems. It's the year my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer, I use it as a reminder to never forget. Athlete is what he called me because he was proud of my accomplishments on the field , court and track. How's that ? I am an alumni of UCONN and over 30 if you'd like to send me a birthday card. Bleed blue , UCONN fan no matter what.. Just want a big man who can score, move and think like a ball player ...tired of bean pole projects plan and simple. Enjoy your day, I'll stick to car wash scoop...

Reaction Score
Man, all of you need a hobby. I'm a UCONN SUPPORTER, gave an opinion and all of either whined or cried over an opinion, get over it! If now you're trying to guess what 94 is, we've got bigger problems. It's the year my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer, I use it as a reminder to never forget. Athlete is what he called me because he was proud of my accomplishments on the field , court and track. How's that ? I am an alumni of UCONN and over 30 if you'd like to send me a birthday card. Bleed blue , UCONN fan no matter what.. Just want a big man who can score, move and think like a ball player ...tired of bean pole projects plan and simple. Enjoy your day, I'll stick to car wash scoop...

Served.

Reaction Score

Thick skin 94 that's all. Your opinion stick to it, not a bad thing at all. ;)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Beanpole project isn't a phrase that should be ascribed to a top 10 recruit. I recognize that Acute Brimah-Induced Psychosis (ABIP) is a bear, but the comparison between Bamba and AB is apples and oranges - I'm pretty sure AB was barely top 300.

Reaction Score
Beanpole project isn't a phrase that should be ascribed to a top 10 recruit. I recognize that Acute Brimah-Induced Psychosis (ABIP) is a bear, but the comparison between Bamba and AB is apples and oranges - I'm pretty sure AB was barely top 300.

Shouldn't be but Skal proved to be just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom