Mohamed Bamba | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Mohamed Bamba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Eh, I don't know. People killed KO for recruiting Diallo up until Saturday since apparently it was so obvious to everyone he was going to UK. I'd much rather have them focus on a guy like Olden and a grad transfer big that could actually come here and help
It's not an either/or, though. If we assume we're all-in on Olden (which is a pretty good assumption), we can still be all-in on Bamba. And Bamba, of course, is likely to make his college choice before we even know which big men are eligible as postgrads.

Now if his recruitment drags into June like Thompson's did for Syracuse last year, I'd prefer we cut bait sign a postgrad as soon as one comes available. But as of this moment that situation is hypothetical and the reality is there's no opportunity cost to going hard after Bamba for the next 2.5 months, even if our chances of landing him are remote.

Reaction Score
It's not an either/or, though. If we assume we're all-in on Olden (which is a pretty good assumption), we can still be all-in on Bamba. And Bamba, of course, is likely to make his college choice before we even know which big men are eligible as postgrads.

Now if his recruitment drags into June like Thompson's did for Syracuse last year, I'd prefer we cut bait sign a postgrad as soon as one comes available. But as of this moment that situation is hypothetical and the reality is there's no opportunity cost to going hard after Bamba for the next 2.5 months, even if our chances of landing him are remote.
That's fair, I still want us to go all in on Bamba and hopefully convince him. That scenario where it's going into June is more what I was referencing. I have no problem with them going all out for Bamba, I just hope its not at the cost of finding another useful player to come. But I trust KO to know who to prioritize and when

Reaction Score
The bottom line is that if Hami had been of UConn/JC/KO character, eager to challenge himself and take the stairs not the escalator, he would have snubbed Calipari and enrolled in UConn in September 2016.

He wanted to take the escalator, and he believed Calipari's snake oil that enrolling at Kentucky would be enough to get him drafted. And so things went the way they did.

If Calipari beats UConn for players a majority of the time, it just proves that UConn character is a rare thing.

"UConn character" hasn't meant much in terms of winning games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom