Mizzou - South Carolina | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Mizzou - South Carolina

Reaction Score
Just wait till the Olympics......................Dawn should consider taking some TM classes................

Reaction Score
I heard Geno was a first class jerk back in the day. I’ve only been a WBB fan 3 years and he seems like a class act now. Pretty cool guy. Handled loss to Miss St with total class. He’s interesting and smart.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I heard Geno was a first class jerk back in the day. I’ve only been a WBB fan 3 years and he seems like a class act now. Pretty cool guy. Handled loss to Miss St with total class. He’s interesting and smart.

He only looked that way (And still does) to OTHER team's fans. He's ALWAYS been a class act.

Reaction Score
Go back and look with an unbiased eye and a lot of what was going on was horrible officiating. Look Mizzou got the win, but they play dirty to compensate. Ask any other SEC school and the opinion of how they play is that it is very dirty. The fact that these were the same officials that called last year's Mizzou upset of South Carolina is strange in the least. Lest they will come to Carolina on Jan 28, and I don't thing we will be our normal congenial selves. Well that is basketball, but just wish women's officiating could be upgraded around the country.

Reaction Score
Go back and look with an unbiased eye and a lot of what was going on was horrible officiating. Look Mizzou got the win, but they play dirty to compensate. Ask any other SEC school and the opinion of how they play is that it is very dirty. The fact that these were the same officials that called last year's Mizzou upset of South Carolina is strange in the least. Lest they will come to Carolina on Jan 28, and I don't thing we will be our normal congenial selves. Well that is basketball, but just wish women's officiating could be upgraded around the country.
I’ll have to watch Mizzou closer. I’ve seen 3 Mizzou games this year and didn’t notice dirty play but wasn’t looking for it. You can tell Sofie Cunningham is a tough girl. Not dirty.. tough physically and mentally

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Interesting post-game comments from Dawn.

Part of the backstory here is that South Carolina thought last year's game in Columbia was very (too) physical and, as mentioned above, Mizzou does have a bit of a reputation around the SEC.

With that, things got interesting pre-game when Dawn texted Sally Bell, now head of SEC officiating, and pointed out that 2 of the 3 officials for today's game officiated last year's game. Dawn was told that was simply a coinky-dinky.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Geno was pretty arrogant and outspoken about it when he was younger. We fans got to see his softer, more approachable side more than fans of other teams but the old impressions linger.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Dawn's quote about Wilson and her status raises an issue I've heard on broadcasts before (Doris?): should a player's stature in the game affect how fouls are called against that player?

I only saw 2 of the fouls called against Wilson in today's game and both seemed legitimate calls. Maybe Wilson shouldn't foul.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
You must have been watching a differant game the most people. I counted at least 8 fouls in the fourth quarter that weren't called on SC, yet there were at least 3 fouls against Mizzou that looked like they were legit and not fouls.

Reaction Score
Dawn's quote about Wilson and her status raises an issue I've heard on broadcasts before (Doris?): should a player's stature in the game affect how fouls are called against that player?

I only saw 2 of the fouls called against Wilson in today's game and both seemed legitimate calls. Maybe Wilson shouldn't foul.
I saw only Wilson’s last foul and it was legit. She plowed over a screen.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I thought I saw Napheesa utter a pithy comment to a USF player after a hard foul.
She did, that was when Ferreira did the hard foul by almost taking her down.

Reaction Score
Here's a sample of some of Dawn's post-game comments.

That comment can be taken a number of ways:
- officials should treat star players differently because they are stars and should be allowed to play their way.
- stars are so skilled that they don’t commit fouls
- the star power hasn’t reached the officials as yet

Pick one:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Not true. Geno swears up a blue streak.

EXACTLY NAN!! A lot of coaches cuss it's not new! Asia Durr in her interview stated Jeff Walz likes to cuss!! I knew some people didn't like Dawn for her stoic attitude but the way MSG was going in you would have thought she stole his/her candy !!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom