Missouri presser | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Missouri presser

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It means nothing except that they want the flexibility to leave the Big 12 if it is in their interest and they had to start a half hour late to announce it.

They were asked for a commitment, and they said no. Maybe Missouri has some options. I can guarantee that Texas has some options. The Big 12 may become every man for themselves. Hopefully.

Reaction Score
Then the Big 12 should have a meeting and vote them out. "go explore your options." They won't be missed

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
It means nothing except that they want the flexibility to leave the Big 12 if it is in their interest and they had to start a half hour late to announce it.

It's in their best interest.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
A & M did this. They can't announce the SEC in one go. They have to show a trail of due diligence to avoid an SEC tampering lawsuit fron Baylor, etc.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
They were asked for a commitment, and they said no. Maybe Missouri has some options. I can guarantee that Texas has some options. The Big 12 may become every man for themselves. Hopefully.

I think that's what we have to hope for at this point.

If they hold the line with the remaining 8 teams (assuming Mizzou bolts) I fear they could very well take Louisville, Cincy, TCU and WV. Which would be the absolute worse case scenario (well I guess if ND joined Big10 or ACC with Rutgers, that would be the worse case scenario).

Reaction Score
I wish one of these schools and or leagues would just grow a pair and get it over with

RS9999X

Reaction Score
IT took A&M a month or more -- Missouri may take longer

Reaction Score
choas is better for us. if big 12 teams start going nuts everywhere (which looks very unlikely now) that's a great sign for us.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
KOMUnews KOMU News

"Because were are currently faced with making a longterm commitment to #big12, now is time to fully explore options." /via @DaniWex
2 minutes ago

Girl, you know I love you. But if you keep asking me for a ring, I'm gonna leave you and go down south.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Girl, you know I love you. But if you keep asking me for a ring, I'm gonna leave you and go down south.
Or... I think we should see other people, to test the strength of our relationship.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
Just heard a big gasp coming from the WVU board.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Revised_Chip_normal.jpg

ChipBrownOB Chip Brown

Mizzou concludes its press briefing and not one bit of the news pointed to the Tigers staying in the Big 12.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Just heard a big gasp coming from the WVU board.

Posted: Today 8:14 PM
Re: This could be bad news

This is the best news we could get. If you don't understand why let me explain. Now Baylor will definitely sue and prevent both TAMU and Missouri from moving and we will be #13. All part of our master plan, don't you see?
I think (s)he is being sarcastic, but you never know...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think that's what we have to hope for at this point.

If they hold the line with the remaining 8 teams (assuming Mizzou bolts) I fear they could very well take Louisville, Cincy, TCU and WV. Which would be the absolute worse case scenario (well I guess if ND joined Big10 or ACC with Rutgers, that would be the worse case scenario).

I can't imagine what is keeping Missouri from committing to the B12. Is it the exit fee, the length of the commitment, the LHN or something else?

My guess is that they don't want to stay with Texas and they are SEC bound. And my guess is OU and OSU have just called the PAC and asked to join without Texas and TT. This will make the B12 history.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
I can't imagine what is keeping Missouri from committing to the B12. Is it the exit fee, the length of the commitment, the LHN or something else?

My guess is that they don't want to stay with Texas and they are SEC bound. And my guess is OU and OSU have just called the PAC and asked to join without Texas and TT.
Becasue Mizzou was so crucial to them? If they got a revenue deal hammered out, I have to think they will look to bring in BYU or whoever... *shudder*

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

My guess is that they don't want to stay with Texas and they are SEC bound. And my guess is OU and OSU have just called the PAC and asked to join without Texas and TT. This will make the B12 history.

OU and OSU already tried that. Pac 12 didn't bite.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
OU and OSU already tried that. Pac 12 didn't bite.
I thought it was four teams that tried it and the PAC did not want the LHN.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

My guess is that they don't want to stay with Texas and they are SEC bound. And my guess is OU and OSU have just called the PAC and asked to join without Texas and TT.

From everything I've read, Mizzou would rather be in the B1G. Which makes sense because they fit in culturally, competitively, academically and geographically.

However, it doesn't appear that the B1G offer is on the table. I bet they give one last kick of the tires with the B1G, and then join the SEC. Realistically, there is no way you can turn down the best football conference in the USA for the instability and Texctatorship of the Big12.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if OU and OSU tried to open negotiations again with the PAC. How likely is it that they end up there? I have no clue.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I think only 2 teams actively tried. OU and UT were under political pressure to bring their little brothers along. TTU and OSU are just along to ride the coattails.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
From everything I've read, Mizzou would rather be in the B1G. Which makes sense because they fit in culturally, competitively, academically and geographically.

However, it doesn't appear that the B1G offer is on the table. I bet they give one last kick of the tires with the B1G, and then join the SEC. Realistically, there is no way you can turn down the best football conference in the USA for the instability and Texactatorship of the Big12.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if OU and OSU tried to open negotiations again with the PAC. How likely is it that they end up there? I have no clue.
I got the impression OU and OSU went with Texas and TT as a unit to join the PAC. As much as OU and OSU would prefer being with those teams if possible I believe they see the handwriting on the wall and move independently.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I got the impression OU and OSU went with Texas and TT as a unit to join the PAC. As much as OU and OSU would prefer being with those teams if possible I believe they see the handwriting on the wall and move independently.
Everything I read/heard indicated there was never a vote by the Pac-12 Presidents on anything relating to expansion as the majority of them didn't have any interest regardless of who the possible additions were.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If Missouri can gain entrance to the SEC, they should run, not walk. Money + stability = case closed.

They'll make new friends to replace Kansas.

RS9999X

Reaction Score
>> I got the impression OU and OSU went with Texas and TT as a unit to join the PAC. <<

Two years running the Bevo 4 tried to throw Missouri and the Bevo Droppings under the bus. Fool me once... Fool me twice....

If Texas would agree to the PAC-12 Tier 3 formula they'd all be gone......or at least up for a vote. Without that Larry Scott said 'No'. Long story short UCLA and USC said yes to the Tier 3 formula and that took some real negotiating effort.

RS9999X

Reaction Score
Obviously Missouri is choosing to cover their butts when going to the SEC. They learned something over the Texas A&M and Baylor lawsuit fracas.

Texas A&M says the SEC will be 13 teams for a long, long time. That was a kiss off with a wink to the B12..

Then that's echoed by every SEC coach. 12 more kiss offs and winks to the B12

Now the obligatory Missouri statement "We haven't spoken to anyone. Ever." The 14th kiss off and wink to the B12.

It's now on the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer