May transfer thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

May transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is it just me or did anyone else just yell..."JUST announce when you transfer already! " Enough with the TOP LISTS for EVERYTHING...and on a TRANSFER no less!
Normally I would disagree, but Rogers did already do a big commitment video when she picked USC the 1st time around, anyway I blame LeBron.

Reaction Score
Normally I would disagree, but Rogers did already do a big commitment video when she picked USC the 1st time around, anyway I blame LeBron.
Initial commitments....I get it even though it goes against the "boomer" in me. It's a humility thing. No one knew my top 10 when I applied for college.

Reaction Score
Breakdown of Rogers stats with and without Pili last year were unexpected, in that her eFG% was worse with Pili, as I would expect Pili to improve the floor spacing and thus the shot selection of the other players.

1621989310843.png

Reaction Score
With the signing of Pinto I think Graves is done. That brings the roster to 12 with maybe one transfer having to sit a year. Looks like four bigs, four wings, four guards...maybe. Depends on the mix.

Reaction Score
Interesting. I've seen Meyer play over two years and she's a spirited guard who can get on a streak from long-range. Her PT seemed to diminish a bit as the season went on. Wonder how much of this move out was partly due to this past year or was also attributable to Iowa State transfer Kylie Feuerbach joining the Hawkeyes. Feuebach, if memory serves, played on the All-Iowa Attack with Caitlyn Clark. She can also play some defense, something Iowa was not particularly good at.

Up to this year, Iowa rarely had roster turnover. Is that two out and one in? Hardly mass transit, but perhaps a sign that as you move up the ladder, people are fighting to be on the rungs....
Iowa and Iowa State guard rosters pretty full. Megan might be more of a mid-major player; Drake and Northern Iowa could be possibilities but both teams' rosters with plenty of guards. Since she's from northern Iowa, wonder if there's a spot for her at Minnesota or Wisconsin? Milwaukee or Green Bay possibilities as well?

Reaction Score
With the signing of Pinto I think Graves is done. That brings the roster to 12 with maybe one transfer having to sit a year. Looks like four bigs, four wings, four guards...maybe. Depends on the mix.
Isn’t that 11? 4 bigs, Prince, Sabally, Watson, Kyei... 3 wings, Parrish, Hosendove, Pinto....4 guards, Paopao, Scherr, Bigby, Hurst. Am I missing someone?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Iowa and Iowa State guard rosters pretty full. Megan might be more of a mid-major player; Drake and Northern Iowa could be possibilities but both teams' rosters with plenty of guards. Since she's from northern Iowa, wonder if there's a spot for her at Minnesota or Wisconsin? Milwaukee or Green Bay possibilities as well?

Marquette initially crossed my mind, but Coach Megan Duffy recruited former Purdue sharpshooter Karissa McLaughlin to come to Milwaukee. so I don't see that happening, either. Timing is everything, because I could've seen her developing under the keen eye of Duffy.

There is one other B1G team that is desperate for talent and that's just east in Illinois. And she could always touch base with Doug Bruno and his band of merry bombers at DePaul! Stay tuned....

Last edited:

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
Breakdown of Rogers stats with and without Pili last year were unexpected, in that her eFG% was worse with Pili, as I would expect Pili to improve the floor spacing and thus the shot selection of the other players.

View attachment 67594
I don't think Pili was ever herself last year. I also think that USC had so little time together that adding players so late threw them back into a kind of early-season mode where no one was terribly effective. They didn't get much preseason work. Even during voluntary workouts, they only had like 3 or 4 players there. I don't believe they got any work in until a week or so before the season started, then they had more COVID-19 issues during the season. I think it all added up to a team that was never on the same page even when everyone was finally back.

Reaction Score
Endiya Rogers seems like a talented, experienced, quick guard, I guess Graves wants her if he is recruiting her from the portal but I am not sure of her role. Is she wanting (?) to come in to back up Paopao? Does he plan to play two short guards at times? Maybe. Nothing wrong with stockpiling talent, I guess, but kids want to play.
Graves is recognizing that athleticism matters. About half the Pac-12 is still asleep on this idea.

Reaction Score

Endyia Rogers Maybe?​

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Stanford grabbed what is perhaps their first transfer in a LONG time as Jordan Hamilton will join the Cardinal as a graduate transfer out of Northwestern.
Good for her! I loved watching the Northwestern backcourt these past two seasons and she was a big piece of that. Also: Northwestern and Stanford.. Hard to beat that for a resumé.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Stanford grabbed what is perhaps their first transfer in a LONG time as Jordan Hamilton will join the Cardinal as a graduate transfer out of Northwestern.
Known for her defense isn't she? Add her to the Hulls and Wilson and that perimeter defense will remain nasty.

Have they had a transfer in since Brooke Smith? I can't think of anybody.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Was it posted on here that she had entered the transfer portal? Tough to keep track of all the entrants.

Reaction Score
Was it posted on here that she had entered the transfer portal? Tough to keep track of all the entrants.
Honestly. She's a decent player. So, Unless I'm wrong. I don't think it was posted lol.

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
It is their first grad transfer ever. I imagine it's difficult to get into grad school there.

Reaction Score
Good for her! I loved watching the Northwestern backcourt these past two seasons and she was a big piece of that. Also: Northwestern and Stanford.. Hard to beat that for a resumé.
Yeah, I wonder if she'll get a job after basketball.

Reaction Score
Hope she does well at MSU. I could not believe the things I saw from her while at LSU briefly. Definitely depth filler.
As in she had potential or she was trouble? Honestly I’m not familiar at all with her.

Reaction Score
As in she had potential or she was trouble? Honestly I’m not familiar at all with her.
She was extremely lazy at LSU. Didn't even try most of the time and often walked up the floor. She seemed to play a bit better at St. John's although I'm not expecting her to be a breakout player for MSU. I think McCray was looking for depth in the post considering there is almost no one behind Carter. I don't consider Kohl as part of the rotation to be honest.

But she did get suspended multiple times at LSU now that you brought it up lol

This seems to be a filler until she can recruit/bring in more posts. I don't blame her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom