May transfer thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

May transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She was extremely lazy at LSU. Didn't even try most of the time and often walked up the floor. She seemed to play a bit better at St. John's although I'm not expecting her to be a breakout player for MSU. I think McCray was looking for depth in the post considering there is almost no one behind Carter. I don't consider Kohl as part of the rotation to be honest.

But she did get suspended multiple times at LSU now that you brought it up lol

This seems to be a filler until she can recruit/bring in more posts. I don't blame her.
Oh joy.

Reaction Score
She was extremely lazy at LSU. Didn't even try most of the time and often walked up the floor. She seemed to play a bit better at St. John's although I'm not expecting her to be a breakout player for MSU. I think McCray was looking for depth in the post considering there is almost no one behind Carter. I don't consider Kohl as part of the rotation to be honest.

But she did get suspended multiple times at LSU now that you brought it up lol

This seems to be a filler until she can recruit/bring in more posts. I don't blame her.
We really need a player similar to L Ebo or P Taylor (preinjury) that is more a back to the basket space eater. Over the course of the last two years we have consistently gotten pushed around down low. That is why Coach Schaefer was trying to get L Ebo.

Reaction Score
We really need a player similar to L Ebo or P Taylor (preinjury) that is more a back to the basket space eater. Over the course of the last two years we have consistently gotten pushed around down low. That is why Coach Schaefer was trying to get L Ebo.
She shouldn't have decreased Morris minutes. Because she was definitely productive under Vic.

Reaction Score
Tai-Yanna Jackson, considered the top JUCO center for 2019, is down to Mississippi State, Auburn, and Kansas.

Reaction Score
Tai-Yanna Jackson, considered the top JUCO center for 2019, is down to Mississippi State, Auburn, and Kansas.
I would assume the new Auburn assitant was also recruiting her when she was an assistant at Kansas. She would play a lot at both schools. However I’m pleasantly surprised Mississippi State is a finalist with J Carter in the center spot.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Can't find anything confirming it, but on another site I see a claim that Keeli Burton-Oliver is transferring from Arizona St. to Washington St. Was a fairly highly thought of '20 recruit from the Seattle area. I believe she didn't play at all at ASU as a Fr.

Reaction Score
Haven’t seen it on here, but read locally that Camryn Taylor, from Marquette, is transferring to UVA. 6’2” forward who averaged 12 points and 6.9 rebounds last year. Started all 26 games. Three years of eligibility left. Sounds like a good pick up for Tina. Anyone know anything about her?

Reaction Score
Can't find anything confirming it, but on another site I see a claim that Keeli Burton-Oliver is transferring from Arizona St. to Washington St. Was a fairly highly thought of '20 recruit from the Seattle area. I believe she didn't play at all at ASU as a Fr.
If you saw a tweet from Raoul (wbb blog), I saw it as well. Not sure about her playing time at ASU either. Can't chalk it up to her being a freshman however, as Besselink got a lot of playing time this year and is part of the same recruiting class.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If you saw a tweet from Raoul (wbb blog), I saw it as well. Not sure about her playing time at ASU either. Can't chalk it up to her being a freshman however, as Besselink got a lot of playing time this year and is part of the same recruiting class.
I thought maybe she was injured.

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
Found this from Jeff Metcalfe. Apparently she wasn't cleared when the season started. Not sure if she ever was.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ja'Mee Asberry, very good Oklahoma State guard has entered the transfer portal:

Pretty late in the game. A corporate raider?

Reaction Score
Raee Burrell is scratching star surface. They do need a point guard. But they are not exactly lacking talent.

Jordan Walker may be their point for this year. Will actually benefit getting a full off-season compared to last year. Kellie can mold her
I think we are going to see big things from Jordan Horston this year. maybe not in the numbers but she matured a lot from freshman to sophomore year. She has really bought into Kelly Harper’s system and I think we will see that impact as Junior.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I think we are going to see big things from Jordan Horston this year. maybe not in the numbers but she matured a lot from freshman to sophomore year. She has really bought into Kelly Harper’s system and I think we will see that impact as Junior.
Wait, what? None of the stats (lower field goal percentage, lower 3 pt percentage, less rebounds per gam] nor the fact she started less games (percentage wise) and scored less points per game and was not in the game at crunch time has indicated she has not completely bought in. You are whistling past the grave yard.
Of most concerning is her shooting is simply abysmal at .350 overall and 3 pt is 28% which simply does not say “Star”...she’s far from her lofty #2 ranking she had. Add in her turnovers and passing decisions are still poor, I just don’t see it.

Reaction Score
Wait, what? None of the stats (lower field goal percentage, lower 3 pt percentage, less rebounds per gam] nor the fact she started less games (percentage wise) and scored less points per game and was not in the game at crunch time has indicated she has not completely bought in. You are whistling past the grave yard.
Of most concerning is her shooting is simply abysmal at .350 overall and 3 pt is 28% which simply does not say “Star”...she’s far from her lofty #2 ranking she had. Add in her turnovers and passing decisions are still poor, I just don’t see it.

Im not saying I’m in the know.. but it’s believed she had a wrist injury.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
No matter hard hard I would try, I could not have said it better. Also, someone mentioned a wrist injury. That should not impact her decision making, which left a lot to be desired.

Reaction Score
I'm on the fence with Jordan H.. I think she can be a great player. I also think Tennessee has a lack of identity for her to succeed. And that's why her #2 ranking hasn't been shown.
She can turn it over. But I feel her passing is next level. But it comes with making bad decisions. Very good on ball defender.

Okay I'm typing all over the place. I really like Jordan style of play a lot. But she would have succeeded under an elite coach. Dawn, Geno, Kim, Tara, Jeff. Etc.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I'm on the fence with Jordan H.. I think she can be a great player. I also think Tennessee has a lack of identity for her to succeed. And that's why her #2 ranking hasn't been shown.
She can turn it over. But I feel her passing is next level. But it comes with making bad decisions. Very good on ball defender.

Okay I'm typing all over the place. I really like Jordan style of play a lot. But she would have succeeded under an elite coach. Dawn, Geno, Kim, Tara, Jeff. Etc.
What I will say is Jordan is a pure athlete and has significant length. The previous USA basketball coaches were able to find a role for her but I just haven't seen any development in her game. Wrist injury or not, her 2 year so shooting are abysmal, not bad, ABYSMAL. Her freshman year, she was .394 overall in FG% and her 3 point FG was .300 AND her FT% was .593. At least last year her FT% jumped to .729 so that's something.

Again, she makes poor decisions be it passing or Shooting. How do you correct that especially at Tennessee where that has become ingrained in their nature even with a newer coach in upcoming year 3. Now, compare her to her other 2018 U18 USA teammates and it becomes MORE glaring....
Belibi, Boston, Brink, Brunelle, Bueckers, Cooke, Fudd, Haley Jones, Charisma Osborne, Celest Taylor, Van Lith.

Of that group, I would say Osborne and Taylor haven't truly blossomed yet but they seem to be improving and trending that way to being exceptional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom