May recruiting thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

May recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

I watched 3 of her games this weekend and her middle name could be GLUE. Her Cal Stars team is not nearly as strong as usual and she does everything for them but wash the unis. She sees the whole floor, directs traffic, is a spider on defense, and is completely unselfish. Every good team needs a Cheli and UConn has the original coming.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I watched 3 of her games this weekend and her middle name could be GLUE. Her Cal Stars team is not nearly as strong as usual and she does everything for them but wash the unis. She sees the whole floor, directs traffic, is a spider on defense, and is completely unselfish. Every good team needs a Cheli and UConn has the original coming.
I've been wondering how/where Geno will use her. Maybe similar to the Gabby/Maya role, setting up at the elbow with much of the offense running through her. Seems she can create for herself and for others, and make shots from different spots on the floor. Her coach suggested she may end up 6-3 before arriving at UConn. Multi-talented.

Reaction Score

When it comes to BB IQ, she and Cheli could be twins. Having better talent around her to utilize than with her regular HS team makes it very noticeable. Even as a non PG she can dissect a defense from a wing. And while not a pure shooter like a KML, she's a really good one who is a scorer. These two should be quite a pair.

Reaction Score
I've been wondering how/where Geno will use her. Maybe similar to the Gabby/Maya role, setting up at the elbow with much of the offense running through her. Seems she can create for herself and for others, and make shots from different spots on the floor. Her coach suggested she may end up 6-3 before arriving at UConn. Multi-talented.
Very possible since she's a crafty passer in tight areas and could be very good slashing from that high post. And very good at inside-out passing after penetration to 3 ball shooters. Like Gabby/Maya, a Swiss Army knife.

Reaction Score
I do agree with you. The low release is rather obvious. So.... Geno and his staff will
then work to change her mechanics??
Maybe, if it is in her long-term best interest,
(and you are probably right about that), it could take more than her freshman year to make
the appropriate adjustments. 100,000 ++ more practice shots will provide the proper
muscle memory. Go Allie! Go Boneyard!!

I don't remember the last time I have seen Uconn coaching staff changing the shooting mechanics of a player.

Reaction Score
I don't want to be too greedy so just give me Green, Jerzy Robinson, and the Big O for 2026 and we can put paid to it.

‘26 is stacked. Between those 3, Brihanna Crittendon, Jordyn Jackson, Jenica Lewis, Zaniyah Williams and McKenna Woliczko, the options are endless.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
‘26 is stacked. Between those 3, Brihanna Crittendon, Jordyn Jackson, Jenica Lewis, Zaniyah Williams and McKenna Woliczko, the options are endless.

Which doesn't mention Skinner, Abii, or Cosgriff.

Reaction Score

Is Allie really 6’0”? She looks to be 5’10” to my untrained eye. Roughly Nika sized. Morgan looks every inch of 6’1” or maybe even 6’2”. It would be awesome if Allie is really 6’0”.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Is Allie really 6’0”? She looks to be 5’10” to my untrained eye. Roughly Nika sized. Morgan looks every inch of 6’1” or maybe even 6’2”. It would be awesome if Allie is really 6’0”.
Please state your observations in Hartley Units (HU) in order for them to be understood and accepted in this forum.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Allie Ziebell and company win the U17 platinum division:

FwsWeb1X0AAbpXH

Reaction Score

https://twitter.com/NikeGirlsEYBL/status/1631720620760391680?s=20

EYBL Session II was held this past weekend and the teams of Allie Ziebell and Morgan Cheli found their feet in this session. After a somewhat disappointing first leg for both teams, Cal Stars 2-3 and Wisconsin Flight Elite (3-2), they both won the EYBL Regional Stops Session II, which this time included four 8-team tournaments each, while Session I was played in Hampton, Virginia which included all 32 EYBL teams.

For Morgan Cheli (Cal Stars) the tournament was held in Phoenix (Arizona) the team first stumbled against Centre Sports Academy 54-52, but afterwards they were perfect, finishing 4-1. After wins over Tree of Hope and Fairfax Stars, the team finished second in their pool and with that result they advanced to the championship bracket (Platinum). They won the semifinals against Team Taurasi 67-61, and finally won the final game against Cal Sparks 60-46. Morgan booked her best game for the final with 23 points, 9 rebounds and 5 assists.

For Allie Ziebell (Wisconsin Flight Elite), the tournament was held in Ames (Iowa) and she had a tough task ahead of her with Kia Nurse Elite who won the first session and All Iowa Attack who won the gold bracket of the first session with a 5-1 record, Michigan Crossover rounded out their pool. A hard fought 62-61 win in the first game against the home team instilled an incredible amount of confidence in the team that was perfect afterwards, wins over Kia Nurse Elite 55-47 and Michigan Crossover 57-42. In the semi-finals against Kentucky Premier 73-47 and the final game 62-38 against Mo Phenom. Allie also booked her best game for the final with 27 points, 4 rebounds and 1 assist.

The EYBL is in my opinion the most competitive league in the summer. The last Naismith Awards included 10 out of 15 players from the EYBL. For the video of Allie Ziebell's (#1 white) final game pick Main Court the last day should be there, go to the video scroll line until 1:47 for the start of the game. Also attached are the stats for both players after the first two sessions.

Translated with DeepL

Reaction Score

https://twitter.com/NikeGirlsEYBL/status/1631720620760391680?s=20

EYBL Session II was held this past weekend and the teams of Allie Ziebell and Morgan Cheli found their feet in this session. After a somewhat disappointing first leg for both teams, Cal Stars 2-3 and Wisconsin Flight Elite (3-2), they both won the EYBL Regional Stops Session II, which this time included four 8-team tournaments each, while Session I was played in Hampton, Virginia which included all 32 EYBL teams.

For Morgan Cheli (Cal Stars) the tournament was held in Phoenix (Arizona) the team first stumbled against Centre Sports Academy 54-52, but afterwards they were perfect, finishing 4-1. After wins over Tree of Hope and Fairfax Stars, the team finished second in their pool and with that result they advanced to the championship bracket (Platinum). They won the semifinals against Team Taurasi 67-61, and finally won the final game against Cal Sparks 60-46. Morgan booked her best game for the final with 23 points, 9 rebounds and 5 assists.

For Allie Ziebell (Wisconsin Flight Elite), the tournament was held in Ames (Iowa) and she had a tough task ahead of her with Kia Nurse Elite who won the first session and All Iowa Attack who won the gold bracket of the first session with a 5-1 record, Michigan Crossover rounded out their pool. A hard fought 62-61 win in the first game against the home team instilled an incredible amount of confidence in the team that was perfect afterwards, wins over Kia Nurse Elite 55-47 and Michigan Crossover 57-42. In the semi-finals against Kentucky Premier 73-47 and the final game 62-38 against Mo Phenom. Allie also booked her best game for the final with 27 points, 4 rebounds and 1 assist.

The EYBL is in my opinion the most competitive league in the summer. The last Naismith Awards included 10 out of 15 players from the EYBL. For the video of Allie Ziebell's (#1 white) final game pick Main Court the last day should be there, go to the video scroll line until 1:47 for the start of the game. Also attached are the stats for both players after the first two sessions.

Translated with DeepL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog