May recruiting thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

May recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Do you have any idea where I might find EYBL rosters? I checked the website and couldn't find them. I really enjoyed the games over the weekend, but it was frustrating not knowing who I was watching. I did occasionally dig around on twitter and find a few names, but no rosters.

That's a pain. I usually have to look for each program's website. If you're lucky one of the events might list them, but it's rare from my experience. It's very difficult to pick players out unless you're already familiar with them.

Reaction Score
Does anyone think she has as much talent as a senior in high school as Dangerfield had in high school? I'm hoping it is more.
Similar but Arnold is a little bigger and stronger going to the rim. However, it will still take awhile for Arnold to learn how to get her shot off against the bigger, faster competition when driving. Because of roster composition and lack of a true PG Dangerfield got a lot of PT early, 24 mpg as a freshman and 29 as a soph. Arnold probably won't get enough PT to play through mistakes so she'll have to learn that stuff in practice. With 2 experienced PGs plus Bettencourt ahead of her starting out, she'll have to wait her turn and produce when she gets it.

Reaction Score
Does anyone think she has as much talent as a senior in high school as Dangerfield had in high school? I'm hoping it is more.
that's a tough one..............they both were born leadfers, very tough and didn't mind contact, could handle the ball extremely well, pass the ball extremely well and were both unusually quick side to side and up and down the court..............they both also shared the same weakness..............a consistent outside shot............KK is clearly a few inches taller and that's an important added benefit....

Reaction Score
that's a tough one..............they both were born leadfers, very tough and didn't mind contact, could handle the ball extremely well, pass the ball extremely well and were both unusually quick side to side and up and down the court..............they both also shared the same weakness..............a consistent outside shot............KK is clearly a few inches taller and that's an important added benefit....
Good points. While Danger was an adequate defender, on pick and rolls her lack of height was a major defensive weakness. Geno was often handicapped in the type of defense he could play.

Reaction Score

Jayla Forbes (AL) Highlights 8th grade c/o 2027 6’ 7” inside out 3 level 2 way #ballerislandmedia
Across Boarder War Game Under Classmen
Twitch

Jayla Forbes (class of 2027) may be the next Big to watch. She plays for Thompson Warriors, Alabaster (AL). Every year in May, the Across Borders competition is held alternating between the USA and Canada, this year it was at the Royal Crown Academy H.S in Toronto. The underclassmen game in which Forbes participated ended 59-52 in favor of the Americans. She was chosen the player of the game with 19 points, FG 9-14, FT 2-2 and 19 rebounds. In the picture we see her with Akeila Bailey 5'4'' who was chosen player of the game for Canada.
On her twitter page she is listed at 6'7'', on MaxPreps at 6'6'', for my part I think she makes at least a solid 6'5''. The game is also attached.

When the invitations for this summer's US team came out, I really thought I would see her name on them, but I didn't. There are 55 players invited for this selection that starts tomorrow. However, there are 4 players invited from the 2027 class and even one from the 2028 class. The biggest invited player is Sydney Douglas 6'5'' class 2028, who may be the next sensation, she is playing this summer with Team Taurasi U17 EYBL, there is a mach attached against Cal Stars (start at 11:07:00), she is the one with the #10 who takes the jump ball, Morgan Cheli is wearing the dark blue #12, then there is one at 6'4'', Olivia Vukosa.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Reaction Score
I remember my daughter jumping center in 8th grade at 5' 9" against two teams, each with 6'4" centers. Was not competitive. Unfortunately, since these girls did not have much competition, while they played college ball, neither developed the full skills they were projected to have. Sounds like Jayla at 6'7" is doing the right things to grow her game.

Reaction Score
The U.S. U16 National Team Trials begin tomorrow, with the selection expected to be made on May 30th. I did some research on this age group that started in 2009, so this will be the 8th Americas U16 Championship, the Americans have won 6 gold medals and one bronze. In the past, there was the U18 category at the 4 years from 1988 to 2004 depending on the U19 world championship (at the 4 years) the following year, from 2006 the U18 championship took place at the two years and the U19 world championship also at the two years, the U17 world championship now alternates with the U19 it started in 2010.

The U16 Americas Championship, which is the gateway to the U.S. National Teams, obviously favors athletes born in an odd year, as this year it will be reserved for players born on or after January 1, 2007. On the European side, they have resolved the issue by having a U16 championship every year, even if it does not lead to a world championship the following year. The U.S. team compositions have always included a selection focused on older players, in 2021, 11 players born in 2005 and only one in 2006. There is only one year that the selection has included more than 3 players born with one year more and that is in 2015, the only gold medal that is missing, that year there were 4.

With this information, I looked at the invitations to compare them with the ranking of ESPN class 2025 and the Watch List 2026. In the table that I placed in attachment I highlighted in yellow the invited players of the class 2025, the one that should normally include the maximum of selected players, I had to realize that only three were invited among the first 10 players of American nationality, This probably means that the players who are not highlighted in yellow were born between October 1 and December 31, 2006, and are therefore not eligible for the competition, as the school and FIBA ages are not based on the same birth date. In the ESPN 2025 class, only 11 of the 22 invited players appear. In the 2026 class, 24 players are invited out of a possible 28, those highlighted in red were not invited.

My conclusion is that Kelis Fisher has a good chance of making the team selection which should also include this year at least two players who I am sure were born in 2008, Jersy Robinson and Olivia Vukosa (14 years old on the invite list), this team could even make history if Sydney Douglas (class of 2028) who was probably born in 2009, unless she missed a school year.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Attachments

• ESPN Class 2025-2026 Team USA U16 2023.png
    ESPN Class 2025-2026 Team USA U16 2023.png
    372.2 KB · Views: 116

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
He doesn't know any more than we do. He just might hear and read it a couple days earlier. ;)

He did attend AAU events last summer and reported on who he saw UConn watching though which was pretty helpful. Maybe he'll do that again in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyThief

Top Bottom