May recruiting thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

May recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Other than saying she's a post...functionally, what makes her a post in this offense? On defense? Her height? Jersey Wolfenbarger from Arkansas is a 6' 4" guard. Based on skills...not height. It's not even an essential element in this type of offense. When Liv came...she wasn't a post either. She BECAME one. She improved her footwork, balance and offensive moves with her back to the basket.

Dorka has no offensive moves with her back to the basket.
Her rebounding is best when coming in from the outside versus outjumping and muscling a traditional post. She hits the floor a lot because her balance is not the best. Even a traditional post in this offense has to be a good passer, aka Steph Dolson. And in cases where a team doesn't have a BIG passer, it isn't uncommon to use a smaller player to read the constant cuts and backdoors, aka Gabby Williams at 5' 11". And I doubt, most teams would guard Dorka with a post player unless they absolutely had to do it. She would have a field day with them on the perimeter. And I doubt UCONN would have her guard the opposing post...unless they had to. UCONN lists her as a forward.
If you are referring to the UCONN offense, post play is an essential element and Geno has acknowledge this recently by saying the teams needs to achieve a balance of post and perimeter play in order to beat SC specifically. Regarding Liv and this is well documented and lamented by numerous BY post from me , @JordyG and @BobbyJ, Liv left UCONN pretty much as the same offensive post player she came in. Liv never developed the ability or patience to read the defense, apply an adequate counter, or finish though even slight contact. Liv's post game was predictable based on the first move and she often resorted to the fading away from the basket. Far too often she never overcame the bad habit of unnecessarily putting the ball on the floor into harms way.
By contrast Dorka came to UCONN with a very diverse set of back to the basket post move.
You can see some of Dorka's back to the basket post moves starting at the 3 Minute mark of this corny video ( just turn off the volume).

If your point is that UCONN Dorka did not fully utilize her back to the basket post game this season I would tend to agree with you. As far as Dorka not being used to guard the other teams post player that is just not correct. Although Dorka only played 3 minutes against Indiana she was matched up against Mackenzie Holmes and did a decent job. It was a case of the yips on layups that kept her from getting more playing time. Dorka was also matched up against Cunnane when UCONN played NCst. in the tournament.

Reaction Score
If you are referring to the UCONN offense, post play is an essential element and Geno has acknowledge this recently by saying the teams needs to achieve a balance of post and perimeter play in order to beat SC specifically. Regarding Liv and this is well documented and lamented by numerous BY post from me , @JordyG and @BobbyJ, Liv left UCONN pretty much as the same offensive post player she came in. Liv never developed the ability or patience to read the defense, apply an adequate counter, or finish though even slight contact. Liv's post game was predictable based on the first move and she often resorted to the fading away from the basket. Far too often she never overcame the bad habit of unnecessarily putting the ball on the floor into harms way.
By contrast Dorka came to UCONN with a very diverse set of back to the basket post move.
You can see some of Dorka's back to the basket post moves starting at the 3 Minute mark of this corny video ( just turn off the volume).

If your point is that UCONN Dorka did not fully utilize her back to the basket post game this season I would tend to agree with you. As far as Dorka not being used to guard the other teams post player that is just not correct. Although Dorka only played 3 minutes against Indiana she was matched up against Mackenzie Holmes and did a decent job. It was a case of the yips on layups that kept her from getting more playing time. Dorka was also matched up against Cunnane when UCONN played NCst. in the tournament.

Liv was never a post coming in. Because of the roster she had no choice, but to play the 5. Her skills coming in were 4 skills. Her frame never gave her a chance to dominate day in and out. It was just never going to happen. Azura had a similar frame, but better natural footwork. I think you will see that more in the WNBA. Point is...you have a 5, but that doesn't make someone a post. When Dorka gets drafted...what do you think the team will be looking for? Holmes is good, but her and Cunane (see recent WNBA draft) are soft. And, there are times, when a matchup dictates that you have to guard Dorka with a post. Indiana in this clip is a perfect example. Who else would Holmes guard? Dorka can't dish out a steady diet of scoring off of post moves (nor do I think its her preference), especially when matched up against those of similar height and/or who are athletic. It's not about her height...it's footwork, balance and court awareness. Notice how she's off balance almost every time she finishes off of a back to the basket post move. A true post would know where they were relative to the basket...before they turned around. She doesn't have that skill nailed down yet. She's making adjustments after finding the basket or backboard and that takes her off balance. Dorka shoots 45%. She's either a forward or very average post. A lot of European bigs...aren't posts. They grew up watching Dirk! Two players caught a lot of flack on the BY early in the season...Dorka and Edwards. They looked lost at times on the floor. That's because they were trying to fit their skills ...or lack of a skill to their function in the offense. I don't know how many times early on that Edwards would (sub in for Liv) get the ball at the foul line...and basically freeze. She wasn't a passer and she wasn't reading the motion fast enough. It takes time. Geno said Dorka told him....she wasn't sure where to be on the floor. What post doesn't know that. A forward. lol

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Liv was never a post coming in. Because of the roster she had no choice, but to play the 5. Her skills coming in were 4 skills. Her frame never gave her a chance to dominate day in and out. It was just never going to happen. Azura had a similar frame, but better natural footwork. I think you will see that more in the WNBA. Point is...you have a 5, but that doesn't make someone a post. When Dorka gets drafted...what do you think the team will be looking for? Holmes is good, but her and Cunane (see recent WNBA draft) are soft. And, there are times, when a matchup dictates that you have to guard Dorka with a post. Indiana in this clip is a perfect example. Who else would Holmes guard? Dorka can't dish out a steady diet of scoring off of post moves (nor do I think its her preference), especially when matched up against those of similar height and/or who are athletic. It's not about her height...it's footwork, balance and court awareness. Notice how she's off balance almost every time she finishes off of a back to the basket post move. A true post would know where they were relative to the basket...before they turned around. She doesn't have that skill nailed down yet. She's making adjustments after finding the basket or backboard and that takes her off balance. Dorka shoots 45%. She's either a forward or very average post. A lot of European bigs...aren't posts. They grew up watching Dirk! Two players caught a lot of flack on the BY early in the season...Dorka and Edwards. They looked lost at times on the floor. That's because they were trying to fit their skills ...or lack of a skill to their function in the offense. I don't know how many times early on that Edwards would (sub in for Liv) get the ball at the foul line...and basically freeze. She wasn't a passer and she wasn't reading the motion fast enough. It takes time. Geno said Dorka told him....she wasn't sure where to be on the floor. What post doesn't know that. A forward. lol
The 4 and the 5 are both "post" positions. Don't know or don't care what position Dorka will be playing when/if she gets drafted. At UCONN she has been playing as a post and will be required to do so even more now that Liv has graduated. Liv has never played anything beside the 5 in her entire time at UCONN. Azura Stevens was listed as a center on the UCONN roster and she played both post positions behind Gabby Williams at the center and behind Napheesa Collier at the 4. I wish UCONN had someone as "soft" as Holmes and Cunnane playing in the post these last couple of seasons. I also wished that Liv had learned to play the post position as well as Dorka -being "off balanced" and all.

Reaction Score
The 4 and the 5 are both "post" positions. Don't know or don't care what position Dorka will be playing when/if she gets drafted. At UCONN she has been playing as a post and will be required to do so even more now that Liv has graduated. Liv has never played anything beside the 5 in her entire time at UCONN. Azura Stevens was listed as a center on the UCONN roster and she played both post positions behind Gabby Williams at the center and behind Napheesa Collier at the 4. I wish UCONN had someone as "soft" as Holmes and Cunnane playing in the post these last couple of seasons. I also wished that Liv had learned to play the post position as well as Dorka -being "off balanced" and all.
I'm old school. A post is a center. A forward can post up, so can a guard. Coming out of hs...live was a forward as was her skillset. I think she sacrificed 4 years playing the 5. Kudos to her. She could have taken the Shakira Austin route. Correct. Stevens was a 4...slight framed, but could play the 4 or 5. She wasn't a fulltime 5 because she came from Duke fairly developed. Gabby played center at 5'11" because she could check off 2 boxes (functions) required by the position in this offense...passing and rebounding. Napheesa at 6'2" (?)...same thing...multiskilled. Dorka is 6' 5" so I'm not saying she won't play the 5...but, against the better teams I think she'll get moved to the 4. I think it matches her already developed skills and most importantly...unless I'm blind..she's a way better rebounder. Cunane I can see staying in the WNBA for awhile, but Holmes, as good a collegiate player that she is...I don't even see her getting drafted. Do you?

Reaction Score
I've been enjoying this exchange -- good insights on both sides. I find myself wondering how many 5s there really are in WCBB. When I look at the kids who have great offensive post moves, other than Boston, they don't strike me as mainly being 5s, either because of their size or their frame or their speed. I think of someone like Naz Hillmon (and by extension Mackenzie Holmes or even Ashley Joens), who play excellent post offense but don't quite have the size to dominate on the defensive side the way they can on offense. It seems clear enough that Liv never had the sort of offensive skills Naz did. But she also didn't have the sort of offensive skills Cameron Brink eventually developed at the 4/5. Dorka feels to me more like Brink than like Naz or Holmes or (especially) Boston. She's in between the 4 and the 5, big enough to be a 5 on D, but has offensive skills more like a 4. Liv occupied a similar in-between space, with strong passing skills from the high and low post, strong enough to box out and rebound at both ends, and long enough to block shots and have the other defensive skills of a 5, but not quite the offensive skills of the best 4s or 5s.

Reaction Score
Geno rarely will pigeon-hole a 4/5 (also the same with other positions as a general rule. Which is why I think he gets so many number 1 recruits.). Even years ago after UCONN won title in Stewie's frosh year during the Baylor-Griner era, Geno was asked about Baylor-Griner and he said he would have handled Griner slightly different. He would have also played her outside more than Baylor did he said. He went on to say he doesn't like to put players in one position.

And there was even a recent thread on here in which someone posted that he spoke why he had Dolson at the top of the key at times especially with Faris in the game and he said it would be too easy for teams to double Stef inside then she passes out to players that don't shoot as well. So in essence he is saying he has a "5" but he had her play at times more like a "4."

Geno did what he had to do with Liv. He spoke often how Liv "wanted" to be on the outside more but imo overall for the good of her game, he had her also playing the post in which she "had to learn" how to score on the inside. And I think it worked. because didn't we hear at end of season in the S16 and FF games the coaches spoke of being a bit surprised how physical UCONN's posts were?

As for this year, am excited to see what all 5 can do at the 4 and/or 5 spots of DJ, AE, AD, AP and IB. I’m specially interested to see if AD can become more physical inside rather than just a perimeter player.

And as for the two frosh - if Brady can show she can score consistently inside vs players her size or bigger with either low post moves or great rebounding (It seems like eventually her shot outside won't be a problem at all.). And as for AP if she can use her explosive athleticism in which she can finish inside on offensive rebounding and quick movement vs bigger players.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm old school. A post is a center. A forward can post up, so can a guard. Coming out of hs...live was a forward as was her skillset. I think she sacrificed 4 years playing the 5. Kudos to her. She could have taken the Shakira Austin route. Correct. Stevens was a 4...slight framed, but could play the 4 or 5. She wasn't a fulltime 5 because she came from Duke fairly developed. Gabby played center at 5'11" because she could check off 2 boxes (functions) required by the position in this offense...passing and rebounding. Napheesa at 6'2" (?)...same thing...multiskilled. Dorka is 6' 5" so I'm not saying she won't play the 5...but, against the better teams I think she'll get moved to the 4. I think it matches her already developed skills and most importantly...unless I'm blind..she's a way better rebounder. Cunane I can see staying in the WNBA for awhile, but Holmes, as good a collegiate player that she is...I don't even see her getting drafted. Do you?
Being "old school" does not entitle you to create your own definitions. You are also confusing post move with post player. The former can be executed by any player on the floor. The latter, like all position definitions, is based on primary skill set. Just because you have a PG that can execute a post move that does not make your PG a post player. In their entire time at UCONN Liv, Azura and Dorka never played other than the PF (4) and C (5) positions, which are both POST positions. I don't think Dorka is suddenly going to become a wing player or guard for UCONN next season.

Again I don't care about Holmes or Cunnane do in the WNBA. You categorically stated that you can't see Dorka guarding the other teams post player. Well clearly you were paying enough attention because not only has Dorka done it she has done it pretty well.
Which brings up another teaching point which should have been aided you greatly. Post players usually guard other post players-that too is a skill set thing.

"A post player in most cases are the larger players on the team, typically the power forward and center positions."

Reaction Score
. Dorka feels to me more like Brink than like Naz or Holmes or (especially) Boston. She's in between the 4 and the 5, big enough to be a 5 , big enough to be D, but has offensive skills more like a 4. Liv occupied a similar in-between space, with strong passing skills from the high and low post, strong enough to box out and rebound at both ends, and long enough to block shots and have the other defensive skills of a 5, but not quite the offensive skills of the best 4s or 5s.
When you bring this up -- just an absolute shame that this past year's team never got much of a run to be completely healthy and work throughout the season on improving their strengths. For example, Geno spoke at near end of season regarding his expectation for Dorka when she signed, how she was different than the other posts. You can get much, much, much better the more you play with your teammates. Unfortunately, as basketball fans, we were robbed of this.

However, in terms of being different, the two frosh appear to be much different. Brady has excellent shooting skills and seems good enough athletically for 4 and/or 5. While Patterson has excellent overall athleticism for a 4 and/or 5, while having good enough overall skills for this spot.

Reaction Score
Being "old school" does not entitle you to create your own definitions. You are also confusing post move with post player. The former can be executed by any player on the floor. The latter, like all position definitions, is based on primary skill set. Just because you have a PG that can execute a post move that does not make your PG a post player. In their entire time at UCONN Liv, Azura and Dorka never played other than the PF (4) and C (5) positions, which are both POST positions. I don't think Dorka is suddenly going to become a wing player or guard for UCONN next season.

Again I don't care about Holmes or Cunnane do in the WNBA. You categorically stated that you can't see Dorka guarding the other teams post player. Well clearly you were paying enough attention because not only has Dorka done it she has done it pretty well.
Which brings up another teaching point which should have been aided you greatly. Post players usually guard other post players-that too is a skill set thing.

"A post player in most cases are the larger players on the team, typically the power forward and center positions."

It says typically...because,,,as you pointed out...just because you can post up...doesn't make you a post. And being 6' 5" also does not make someone a post. Skills matter. I also don't think Dorka was a better post player than Liv, otherwise, wouldn't she have been playing the 5. But, squashing my entitlement...Dorka is not a center. She isn't a Liv, Boston, Holmes, Cunane, Naz. She's a forward of some sort based on her skillset. There are guards, forwards, and centers. All, I'm saying is...she is not a center. lol All these other terms..combo, wing, and stretch...are one of the above positions...with certain skill sets. It's gotten kind of ridiculous, IMO. Everyone is a "STRETCH" some position. A frontcourt player that can hit a shot outside 5 feet is now a stretch.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I've been enjoying this exchange -- good insights on both sides. I find myself wondering how many 5s there really are in WCBB. When I look at the kids who have great offensive post moves, other than Boston, they don't strike me as mainly being 5s, either because of their size or their frame or their speed. I think of someone like Naz Hillmon (and by extension Mackenzie Holmes or even Ashley Joens), who play excellent post offense but don't quite have the size to dominate on the defensive side the way they can on offense. It seems clear enough that Liv never had the sort of offensive skills Naz did. But she also didn't have the sort of offensive skills Cameron Brink eventually developed at the 4/5. Dorka feels to me more like Brink than like Naz or Holmes or (especially) Boston. She's in between the 4 and the 5, big enough to be a 5 on D, but has offensive skills more like a 4. Liv occupied a similar in-between space, with strong passing skills from the high and low post, strong enough to box out and rebound at both ends, and long enough to block shots and have the other defensive skills of a 5, but not quite the offensive skills of the best 4s or 5s.
It is a common mistake to use size as the primary feature to define a players position particular as it relates to the women's game and the relatively recent international influence on the game in general. Because this is WCBB you can have a 5'11" player playing center and become an AA as Gabby Williams & Nina Davis both did. You will never see that happening in the men's game. Because of these two factors, when defining a WBB player's position It is much easier to start with the primary skill set and factor in the team's needs (roster) as opposed to the players height. Dirk Nowitzki influenced Kevin Durant and Kevin influence Stewie. On the women's side Candace Parker influenced Jonquel Jones and the result is a generation of young players that although they are the tallest players on the floor they spend more time shooting from behind the arc than they do at the basket. Dorka is the confluence of all of those factors and although she may fancy herself a stretch 4 at UCONN she is will be required to be a post player. For those that believe otherwise, if Dorka isn't the UCONN C/PF next year who is? That's not really a trick question but this next one might be. If ONO was not playing center for UCONN for the past three season who would have been?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree...not that many true centers...with size to match the skills. Most are forwards masquerading as centers. Big Syl and Wolters would have a field day. lol

Reaction Score
Avoiding definitions I believe when you compare Dorka to Liv, here are the main differences IMO. Dorka is a slightly better rebounder. Liv is a better passer, but Dorka was much better at that in Uconn's system than she was at Ohio State. Both are pretty good defensively, but in different ways. Liv is a much better shot blocker, and Dorka commits far fewer fouls and can body up underneath better than Liv.

Offensively Liv was a little better inside with better efficiency, but as many have noted she piles up many of her scoring stats against weaker big east competition. Dorka was more of a volume scorer inside at Ohio State with good but not great efficiency, but at Uconn her 2pt attempts per minute went way down. I suspect as the more full time C this year she will be featured more down low, and having Paige available for more of the season will help all the bigs including Dorka.

Of course Dorka can also stretch the defense somewhat with a passable but not scary 3pt shot, and both are bad FT shooters with Dorka even worse than Liv, a very very unusual stat for a player that takes three pointers. I expect Dorka overall to be close to Liv's production, and a little better than last year. A key question for me is how she will do against other star C's. If she can score some inside against talented C's then in the big games she might be better than Liv. I think that Liv when healthy is ok at rebounding, defending, and passing against top bigs, but her scoring pretty much completely disappears, and that is a key area where Dorka might be better, both under the basket and by pulling bigs out to the three point line. We will see.

Reaction Score
It is a common mistake to use size as the primary feature to define a players position particular as it relates to the women's game and the relatively recent international influence on the game in general. Because this is WCBB you can have a 5'11" player playing center and become an AA as Gabby Williams & Nina Davis both did. You will never see that happening in the men's game. Because of these two factors, when defining a WBB player's position It is much easier to start with the primary skill set and factor in the team's needs (roster) as opposed to the players height. Dirk Nowitzki influenced Kevin Durant and Kevin influence Stewie. On the women's side Candace Parker influenced Jonquel Jones and the result is a generation of young players that although they are the tallest players on the floor they spend more time shooting from behind the arc than they do at the basket. Dorka is the confluence of all of those factors and although she may fancy herself a stretch 4 at UCONN she is will be required to be a post player. For those that believe otherwise, if Dorka isn't the UCONN C/PF next year who is? That's not really a trick question but this next one might be. If ONO was not playing center for UCONN for the past three season who would have been?
We agree! lol I'm messing. ONO was stuck. Period. Poor girl. Dorka can play forward. Add 3 guards (picking 3 here will divert the thread....lol). And depending on the opponent...Deberry or Edwards. So....possibly, at times, no center. UCONN is better at a faster pace anyway. The Center position is the achilles. They don't need to be a monster scorer...just consistent, a good passer and rebounder. At least a couple of nattys were left hanging out to dry in the past 4 years. And look how far they got. Off the top of my head...I like Rosario.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Absolutely I complained about Liv's failure to utilize her athleticism to its fullest by varying her abilities in the post and investing time in her footwork. Simple things like having a left foot drop step, utilizing her right hand, bringing the ball down below her waist before shooting, and relying too much on her fadeaway jumper.

Players such as Boston demonstrated this good stuff and none of the bad stuff at the U16's. Being right handed, laying the ball up with her right hand and utilizing a left foot drop step should have been the first move she learned as a peewee. Liv went the better part of two years never showing a left leg drop step. But at the beginning of her senior year I said on The BY that I would no longer criticize her lack of variety around the hoop. Mostly because I failed to see the benefit of crying about it, and partially because at that point, well, what is, is; what ain't, ain't. The truth is the offensive player that Liv was in her 4th year was the player she should have been as a freshman. She finally demonstrated a left leg drop consistently, she showed much better footwork around the basket, and she resorted to the fadeaway far less frequently. Liv also became a far better shooter from the stripe and with her FT's. She still brought the ball below her waist on every layup though, and she never showed the head and shoulder fakes that are required to excel at the college level.

Indeed, Dorka came to UConn with far better footwork, far better head and shoulder movement, and was much smoother around the cup. But Dorka also loves to drop that right leg too much, and consistently missed layups when she went over her left shoulder. Dorka also puts the ball on the floor too much when she sets down low. Dorka however didn't have to contend with as much weak side help as Liv did because Geno had her play with either Liv or AE. Both of whom ususally played under the basket when Dorka was on the court. Dorka also didn't have to play the trigger in that elbow triangle Geno likes. Geno didn't have her play with her back to the basket because he Geno wanted to take advantage of her proclivity to shoot from the arc on the left side. Dorka though is much smoother going over her right or left shoulder. With Liv now gone Dorka is going to play that trigger, is going to see much more work on the block, and is going to receive the ball as the pistol in Geno's chin movement. Dorka's going to have to make that good pass on Geno's plays such as the 45. Hopefully Dorka improves from the charity stripe because last year instead of finishing over her nose she finished her FT's over her right ear. Custom made for an inconsistent FT shot. Dorka also needs to hit the weight room like a fiend. She's going to need to put the ball on the rim with more consistency through traffic. In other words, she's going to have a lot more responsibility at the nail than she's ever had in her college career, and a bit of off season work to continue to move to another level of play. Now, Ice is tailor made to do all of these things, but she is a freshman, and I expect Dorka to get the lion's share of minutes next year.

Reaction Score
Absolutely I complained about Liv's failure to utilize her athleticism to its fullest by varying her abilities in the post and investing time in her footwork. Simple things like having a left foot drop step, utilizing her right hand, bringing the ball down below her waist before shooting, and relying too much on her fadeaway jumper.

Players such as Boston demonstrated this good stuff and none of the bad stuff at the U16's. Being right handed, laying the ball up with her right hand and utilizing a left foot drop step should have been the first move she learned as a peewee. Liv went the better part of two years never showing a left leg drop step. But at the beginning of her senior year I said on The BY that I would no longer criticize her lack of variety around the hoop. Mostly because I failed to see the benefit of crying about it, and partially because at that point, well, what is, is; what ain't, ain't. The truth is the offensive player that Liv was in her 4th year was the player she should have been as a freshman. She finally demonstrated a left leg drop consistently, she showed much better footwork around the basket, and she resorted to the fadeaway far less frequently. Liv also became a far better shooter from the stripe and with her FT's. She still brought the ball below her waist on every layup though, and she never showed the head and shoulder fakes that are required to excel at the college level.

Indeed, Dorka came to UConn with far better footwork, far better head and shoulder movement, and was much smoother around the cup. But Dorka also loves to drop that right leg too much, and consistently missed layups when she went over her left shoulder. Dorka also puts the ball on the floor too much when she sets down low. Dorka however didn't have to contend with as much weak side help as Liv did because Geno had her play with either Liv or AE. Both of whom ususally played under the basket when Dorka was on the court. Dorka also didn't have to play the trigger in that elbow triangle Geno likes. Geno didn't have her play with her back to the basket because he Geno wanted to take advantage of her proclivity to shoot from the arc on the left side. Dorka though is much smoother going over her right or left shoulder. With Liv now gone Dorka is going to play that trigger, is going to see much more work on the block, and is going to receive the ball as the pistol in Geno's chin movement. Dorka's going to have to make that good pass on Geno's plays such as the 45. Hopefully Dorka improves from the charity stripe because last year instead of finishing over her nose she finished her FT's over her right ear. Custom made for an inconsistent FT shot. Dorka also needs to hit the weight room like a fiend. She's going to need to put the ball on the rim with more consistency through traffic. In other words, she's going to have a lot more responsibility at the nail than she's ever had in her college career, and a bit of off season work to continue to move to another level of play. Now, Ice is tailor made to do all of these things, but she is a freshman, and I expect Dorka to get the lion's share of minutes next year.
Regarding all the bolded areas about ONO, I agree. I can't understand how this lack of development on offense was allowed to continue for 3+ years by both the staff and the player. Possibly because she was his only true big at 6-5 and represented about 80% of his interior defense, I don't know.
About Juhasz, she's 6-5 and tries to play offense like she's 6-2 because no one has taught her post moves and how to utilize and take advantage of her size inside. And that won't change over the next 6 months, partially because of her injury. I don't know how GA plans to use her on offense but I do know that coaches aren't going to bother to guard her at the 3 line. 30% won't scare them. With her shooting and passing skills, if she picks up the pace of the offense fairly quickly, I believe Brady will become his primary high post option.

Reaction Score
Other than saying she's a post...functionally, what makes her a post in this offense? On defense? Her height? Jersey Wolfenbarger from Arkansas is a 6' 4" guard. Based on skills...not height. It's not even an essential element in this type of offense. When Liv came...she wasn't a post either. She BECAME one. She improved her footwork, balance and offensive moves with her back to the basket.

Dorka has no offensive moves with her back to the basket. Her rebounding is best when coming in from the outside versus outjumping and muscling a traditional post. She hits the floor a lot because her balance is not the best. Even a traditional post in this offense has to be a good passer, aka Steph Dolson. And in cases where a team doesn't have a BIG passer, it isn't uncommon to use a smaller player to read the constant cuts and backdoors, aka Gabby Williams at 5' 11". And I doubt, most teams would guard Dorka with a post player unless they absolutely had to do it. She would have a field day with them on the perimeter. And I doubt UCONN would have her guard the opposing post...unless they had to. UCONN lists her as a forward.

I give Juhasz a pass because she was on a new team that was cursed with multiple injuries. From what I saw of her tOSU years she played 4 and did it well enough to be all-B1G 1st team, twice. What I like about her is her speed to the basket from 12 feet. Both Juhasz and Edwards should get a lot of layups rolling to the basket off screens simply because defenses will have to help on Bueckers and Fudd.
I liked Juhasz as a rebounder. And as a boxing-outer. She's a fighter.

Reaction Score
1​
Mikaylah Williams
98​
NoneG6-0Parkway H.S. (LA)
2​
Judea Watkins
98​
NoneG6-0Sierra Canyon H.S. (CA)
3​
Ciera Toomey
98​
North CarolinaP6-3Dunmore H.S. (PA)
4​
Breya Cunningham
97​
NoneP6-4La Jolla Country Day School (CA)
5​
Ashlynn Shade
97​
UConnG5-9Noblesville H.S. (IN)
6​
Madison Booker
97​
NoneW6-1Germantown H.S. (MS)
7​
Milaysia Fulwiley
97​
NonePG5-6W. J. Keenan H.S. (SC)
8​
Kamorea Arnold
97​
UConnPG5-6Germantown H.S. (WI)
9​
Taliah Scott
97​
ArkansasG5-9Saint John's Country Day School (FL)
10​
Jadyn Donovan
96​
None
What are our chance with any of the remaining 6 of the top 10 ESPN recruits? Y’all know I’m already seeking therapy because “our friend” betrayed us!
Remaining 5?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
1​
Mikaylah Williams
98​
LSUG6-0Parkway H.S. (LA)
2​
Judea Watkins
98​
UCLA/USCG6-0Sierra Canyon H.S. (CA)
3​
Ciera Toomey
98​
North CarolinaP6-3Dunmore H.S. (PA)
4​
Breya Cunningham
97​
UCLA/USC/OregonP6-4La Jolla Country Day School (CA)
5​
Ashlynn Shade
97​
UConnG5-9Noblesville H.S. (IN)
6​
Madison Booker
97​
Tennessee/Ole MissW6-1Germantown H.S. (MS)
7​
Milaysia Fulwiley
97​
South CarolinaPG5-6W. J. Keenan H.S. (SC)
8​
Kamorea Arnold
97​
UConnPG5-6Germantown H.S. (WI)
9​
Taliah Scott
97​
ArkansasG5-9Saint John's Country Day School (FL)
10​
Jadyn Donovan
96​
Maryland/ND
What are our chance with any of the remaining 6 of the top 10 ESPN recruits? Y’all know I’m already seeking therapy because “our friend” betrayed us!
I'll give it a shot for ya but these are guesses and that's it!

Reaction Score

… MA native & highly ranked recruit. Surprised no UConn buzz on Kaelyn Carroll. Thoughts?

2025. From what limited video I saw, maybe UConn will come aboard a little later. Good motor!
Of course I don’t get too invested in recruits after what’s her name crushed me emotionally, mentally and spiritually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom