May 2021 recruiting thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

May 2021 recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Two of UConn's new POI, Taliya Parker and Caya Smith, are AAU teammates.

Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
When asked who Todd’s player comparison was, Coach Kipp gave an intriguing response.

“If I could compare her game to anyone, Candace Parker comes to mind. Not necessarily size-wise, but T’yana can do everything on the court, kind of like Candace Parker. She is skilled everywhere and has potential to do anything you need her too. She is a very high IQ player and can score and make plays with the best of them”. Some very high praise from Coach Kipp.

Todd is not entirely sure when she will make a decision on what university she will attend. There are many things that need to be considered before committing anywhere.

“Relationships with the coaching staff are really important for me. I want to make sure that I am in a place where I can thrive and achieve my goals. Team fit needs to be right” Todd explained. “Not being able to visit these schools or meet the coaches in person is really delaying things, but I’m hoping to make my visits in July and make my decision hopefully by the end of the summer.”

Reaction Score
When asked who Todd’s player comparison was, Coach Kipp gave an intriguing response.

“If I could compare her game to anyone, Candace Parker comes to mind. Not necessarily size-wise, but T’yana can do everything on the court, kind of like Candace Parker. She is skilled everywhere and has potential to do anything you need her too. She is a very high IQ player and can score and make plays with the best of them”. Some very high praise from Coach Kipp.

Todd is not entirely sure when she will make a decision on what university she will attend. There are many things that need to be considered before committing anywhere.

“Relationships with the coaching staff are really important for me. I want to make sure that I am in a place where I can thrive and achieve my goals. Team fit needs to be right” Todd explained. “Not being able to visit these schools or meet the coaches in person is really delaying things, but I’m hoping to make my visits in July and make my decision hopefully by the end of the summer.”

Fingers crossed for this 6' guard that draws comparison to Candace Parker!
What do the cognoscenti on this board think?

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
There was a Geno interview that hinted he had two other commitments besides Brady. Patterson was obviously one. I am guessing that Todd is the other. Todd would be a nice fit.

Reaction Score
There was a Geno interview that hinted he had two other commitments besides Brady. Patterson was obviously one. I am guessing that Todd is the other. Todd would be a nice fit.
kk bransford who I really want and she's a different guard than Paige azzi nika ...todd I didn't find any highlights of her can someone post her highlights....

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
kk bransford who I really want and she's a different guard than Paige azzi nika ...todd I didn't find any highlights of her can someone post her highlights....

There isn't a lot of new video of Todd, most of it is a few years old.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
New article on new POI 2024 Tajianna Avant-Roberts:

Avant-Roberts has become a valuable player for the Torreys right off the bat. She’s the third-leading scorer with an 11.1 average, trailing just sophomore center Breya Cunningham (16.4) and senior guard Jazzy Anousinh (11.4).

Avant-Roberts is averaging 4.5 rebounds and 2.3 steals a game as well, hitting 45 percent of her field goal attempts for a team that is 11-2 overall and 2-0 in Coastal League play.

“She just goes out and plays,” La Jolla Country Day coach Terri Bamford said. “She’s super competitive, which I like a lot.”

Reaction Score
No, I didn't know that but CD's been following her for quite a while, which may or may not mean interest.
HELLO,
Suggest viewing Hana's highlights which demonstrate her full court and
close in passing. Decisive!. Plays like a Muhl! Concern about height? 5' 7" on some
charts, other charts 5' 8", but the more recent ones are the lower figure?? Z

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Because I'm extremely greedy I've re-prioritized my '23 wish list.
Any 2 of these three player who are interchangeable at positions 1-3. (Justė Jocytė, Madison Booker, Judea Watkins,)
Olivia Anderson can be a hybrid 4/3.
Aalyah Del Rosario can play 5/4.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I know that Euros can play in pro leagues but still retain their amateur status... a la Nika and Anna.
Is Juste in that category as well?
I see she turns 16 in November of 2021...correct? If so...is she really considered a 2023'er?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I know that Euros can play in pro leagues but still retain their amateur status... a la Nika and Anna.
Is Juste in that category as well?
I see she turns 16 in November of 2021...correct? If so...is she really considered a 2023'er?
Juste is actually only 15 with her DOB being 19 Nov 2005. Juste is being tracked as class of '23 by ESPN/ Premier Basketball ( see link below). Our European poster confirmed that she is NCAA eligible a few months back. Juste was also born in the US (Washington DC). It is still a long shot that she will play college ball because she is already playing professional and WNBA ready today although she would only be entering her Junior year of HS this Fall had she stayed in the US. My best guess is that she will stay in Europe and will be first pick in 2024 WNBA draft. If she plays college basketball she would not be WNBA eligible until Spring of 2027.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Juste is actually only 15 with her DOB being 19 Nov 2005. Juste is being tracked as class of '23 by ESPN/ Premier Basketball ( see link below). Our European poster confirmed that she is NCAA eligible a few months back. Juste was also born in the US (Washington DC). It is still a long shot that she will play college ball because she is already playing professional and WNBA ready today although she would only be entering her Junior year of HS this Fall had she stayed in the US. My best guess is that she will stay in Europe and will be first pick in 2024 WNBA draft. If she plays college basketball she would not be WNBA eligible until Spring of 2027.

According to the website “women’s basketball 24.7” Jocyte’s eligibility for the W is dictated by her place of birth under the W’s CBA, which means she will be classified as a “domestic” player. The earliest she could land with a WNBA team would be 2027.

Reaction Score
According to the website “women’s basketball 24.7” Jocyte’s eligibility for the W is dictated by her place of birth under the W’s CBA, which means she will be classified as a “domestic” player. The earliest she could land with a WNBA team would be 2027.
So you’re saying there’s a chance!!?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

It's always fun to follow the up and coming potential stars of tomorrow, but sometimes it frustrating because when you read articles like THIS one about a "can't miss" recruit like Todd, and YOUR school is listed on her final 5, you want her to commit to YOUR program. You know you (we) can't get them all (JordyG) ;), but you can wish. As deep as we will be at guard in 2023-24, I would still like to have her on this team.

Recruiting is (has been and will continue to be) a "cut throat" part of WCBB. There so many potentially great players on the horizon, who do you zero in on? I let out a big sigh of relief when Ayanna Patterson committed to UConn last month. She was #1 on MY wish list. I think she will end her time here, and put up numbers that will be among some of the all time UConn greats.

Some coaches will do or say ANYTHING to get a top ranked recruit to commit to their program. If you don't have a crackerjack recruiting protocol in place, and the coaches to run it, you're going to be woefully left out of the "arms race". Some coaches will promise them the sun, moon and stars (and a starting spot) if that's what it will take. “Relationships with the coaching staff are really important for me. I want to make sure that I am in a place where I can thrive and achieve my goals. Team fit needs to be right” ~ T'yanna Todd. I would imagine that 90% of elite recruits feel the same way. A few (Charli Collier/Haley jones) stay in state to be close to home and family.

South Carolina, now LSU, Maryland Louisville, Texas, Stanford, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina and NC State, Duke, Georgia, Texas A&M, Oregon and a new player that has recently gained national recognition and exposure, will also begin to vie for the same recruits as the other elite programs in the country. Last year's runner up for the national championship, ARIZONA. All of these programs recruit the same players.
Stanford has one hand tied behind their back because of their rigid and uncompromisingly high admittance standards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro