May 2021 recruiting thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

May 2021 recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That won't work for some UConn fans. The first thing they will say is that UConn is playing four against five. They mistakenly think that a team needs five scorers on the floor at all times. Of course, that is not true.
it isn't true but I'd sure prefer a great defender that's not an offensive liability...........you never know who's going to be forced to take that potential game winning basket in the NC game.......;)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
This item from Mike Flynn's Boo Williams recap that I previously posted, before Chavez was a known POI:

Write this name down- Aaliyah Chavez. Commit it to memory. She is the real deal, a 2025 point guard who helped lead CyFair to the promised land as the 16U Platinum Champions this weekend. Her amazing passes will leave you asking how the heck she did that, and her dribbling can only be described as sizzling and scintillating. Chavez is a nightmare for defenders, with an elite mid-range game already in place, and speaking on D, watching her block shots of post players inside just has you shaking your head with a smile.

Reaction Score
jaloni Cambridge class 2024 point guard, she had offers from all the D1 hope uconn gonna offer her she's a beast

Reaction Score
jaloni Cambridge class 2024 point guard, she had offers from all the D1 hope uconn gonna offer her she's a beast
Word on the street, a UConn offer is what Jaloni wants...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Word on the street, a UConn offer is what Jaloni wants...
cardi b word GIF

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

34 Second clip and reason # 3,009 why I would love to see this kid in a UCONN uniform. Great basketball mind: She never said I she said We. Basketball subjects covered by KK in 34 seconds: Ball Movement, Help Defense, Rotating, Tempo, Mismatches, Defense, Energy, & Attack Mentality.

Sign Me Up Jennifer Lopez GIF by NBC

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
34 Second clip and reason # 3,009 why I would love to see this kind in a UCONN uniform. Great basketball mind: She never said I she said We. Basketball subjects covered by KK in 34 seconds: Ball Movement, Help Defense, Rotating, Tempo, Mismatches, Defense, Energy, & Attack Mentality.

Sign Me Up Jennifer Lopez GIF by NBC
There’s a lot to like about Bransford. I just wish a consistent shot from the arc was a part of her game. It’s particularly hard to spread the floor when defenders can sag off one of your guards.

Reaction Score
There’s a lot to like about Bransford. I just wish a consistent shot from the arc was a part of her game. It’s particularly hard to spread the floor when defenders can sag off one of your guards.
I agree, but I like the way she goes hard to the rim. With the jump shooting bigs UConn will have, I don’t think spacing will be a problem.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I agree, but I like the way she goes hard to the rim. With the jump shooting bigs UConn will have, I don’t think spacing will be a problem.
I don’t know. It’s different when a guard who is by definition a perimeter player is not an effective shooter. As some have pointed out, trying to play 4 on 5 is challenging at best. UConn’s offense struggled at times with Mikayla Coombs and now Aubrey Griffin precisely because they couldn’t consistently knock down shots.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
According to Max Prep KK shot a very respectable 41% from deep this season. She has also shown consistent improvement with the deep ball from 18 % as a freshman to 21% as a sophomore. In fact when you look at KK's stats across the board what you see is consistent improvement over three years and a dramatic improvement (2X) in assists & deep shooting between Sophomore and Junior seasons. It is as if someone told her KK you need to work on passing and deep shooting and she went out and did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22