May 2021 recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
New known POI thanks to Morgan Valley:

First, Morgan is now following Eve Fiala, the 6-5, 2023 center that was reported as having UConn interest in a local article a week ago.

Taliyah Parker, a 6-1, 2024 Wing from Oklahoma who is ranked 3rd at Blue Star and is on ESPN's watch list. Parker will attend the U16 trials.

Tajianna Avant-Roberts, a 5-9, 2024 Guard and teammate of Breya Cunningham at La Jolla County Day in California. She is on ESPN's watch list and ranked #2 at Hoops Central.

Caya Smith, a 6-2, 2024 Wing from Oklahoma. Highly thought of despite not being on ESPN or Blue Star's lists yet.

Angel Allen, a 5-4, 2025 PG from New York. I can't find much on her except for an impressive highlight video.

Reychel Douglas, a 6-0, 2023 Guard from North Carolina. She's ranked #24 at Blue Star and has been evaluated by Prospects Nation.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
New known POI thanks to Morgan Valley:

First, Morgan is now following Eve Fiala, the 6-5, 2023 center that was reported as having UConn interest in a local article a week ago.

Taliyah Parker, a 6-1, 2024 Wing from Oklahoma who is ranked 3rd at Blue Star and is on ESPN's watch list. Parker will attend the U16 trials.

Tajianna Avant-Roberts, a 5-9, 2024 Guard and teammate of Breya Cunningham at La Jolla County Day in California. She is on ESPN's watch list and ranked #2 at Hoops Central.

Caya Smith, a 6-2, 2024 Wing from Oklahoma. Highly thought of despite not being on ESPN or Blue Star's lists yet.

Angel Allen, a 5-4, 2025 PG from New York. I can't find much on her except for an impressive highlight video.

Reychel Douglas, a 6-0, 2023 Guard from North Carolina. She's ranked #24 at Blue Star and has been evaluated by Prospects Nation.

I don't know if you've mentioned it earlier, but I noticed a few days ago that Morgan is now following Hana Mühl on IG.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I don't know if you've mentioned it earlier, but I noticed a few days ago that Morgan is now following Hana Mühl on IG.

No, I didn't know that but CD's been following her for quite a while, which may or may not mean interest.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
New POI reports. First '24 W/F Caya Smith from Prep Hoop Girls this January.

Caya Smith is only a freshman and was definitely the best player in the gym. Standing at 6’2", Smith has the size of a forward but the skills of a guard. She uses her length to her advantage as she disrupts passing lanes often and is a good shot blocker. Offensively, Smith is a good finisher around the basket and drove often. She is also a good three-point shooter. Smith can do it all.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2019 write-up:

Caya Smith 2024 | Below The Rim (OK)

Playing up two levels, Smith is another kid on the talented BTR squad that had a great weekend. She ran the floor very well that allowed her guards to hit in her stride for some easy scores. She is a menace on the defensive end of the floor as she is a good rebounder and shot-blocker. Smith, who will attend Putnam West High School this fall, has a bright future ahead of her as she should be a Top 50 player nationally.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
PG Tajianna Avant-Roberts
La Jolla Country Day (California)
espnW rating: Four stars

Roberts is a talented scorer with the fundamentals and the flair to have a major stock-rising summer. She can shoot the 3, dance with her handle to create space and finish with a variety of moves and footwork in the paint.

Defensively, she can guard multiple positions and pressures the ball very well. She rebounds the ball very well for a guard and pushes the ball well in transition.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
At 6’1, 2024 Taliyah Parker is as versatile as they come on offense and defense. The strength and elevation are high level with this Oklahoma standout. Blowing by defenders to the rim and pushing coast to coast in transition are her specialties, along with a mid range game that gets better and better. Defensively, she is more than willing to guard all over the floor.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
F Taliyah Parker
Putnam City West High School (Oklahoma)

Parker has a motor that is hard to compare in the entire country, and her drive is endless. She, too, has competed against older and more experienced players during the summer. The 6-1 Parker is a relentless defender with the offensive skills to balance out things. Her jumper is sweet and she can rack it better than most.

Reaction Score
Right. For the next few years anyway there should be a long grad transfer list and some late bloomers from smaller programs could be key to a couple title runs. Juhasz appears to be exactly what UConn needed, size and experience.
Agreed. I honestly see the transfer rule as primarily helping Uconn. Kids that aren’t getting playing time, and are likely not to get much in the future will leave. Kids who we need, we have a chance of getting in the portal. Never know, but I don’t see kids who are getting tons of minutes leaving Uconn for elsewhere (unless maybe unexpected family reasons?)

Reaction Score
Should be noted that Morgan Valley also recently seems to have followed “prodigy” Juste Jocyte, might be a long shot with her coming over to the states but doesn’t hurt to try?
This should please @CocoHusky immensely. A longshot for sure, but if UConn pulls this kid out of Europe there just might be an investigation. ;)

Reaction Score
Should be noted that Morgan Valley also recently seems to have followed “prodigy” Juste Jocyte, might be a long shot with her coming over to the states but doesn’t hurt to try?

This should please @CocoHusky immensely. A longshot for sure, but if UConn pulls this kid out of Europe there just might be an investigation. ;)
Why a long shot? Has she said she doesn’t want to play in the state and/or for UConn?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Jocyte was born in DC. Her father played college ball in the US and worked for the Lithuanian embassy.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I hate it when someone posts a video and it takes me a bit to figure out which player is the one being showcased. BUT, see how long it takes to figure out which player is Jocyte

Reaction Score

Why a long shot? Has she said she doesn’t want to play in the state and/or for UConn?
Not that I'm aware of. Have to see how high a college education is on her priority list. Could be an awful lot of money waiting for her around age 18, especially with Tony Parker tutoring her and owning the pro team she's currently playing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom