May 2021 recruiting thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

May 2021 recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
For early PT I think that’s the best place for her.
I don't think that's the issue. We are really lean at the 1 and 2 by 2022 and I think she'd start by mid-season. I think we just don't get a really strong sense she's interested in Stanford.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
5/7

Ellensburg game featuring Olivia Anderson (#23 blue) from Friday.

Anderson gets two fouls a few minutes in and then sits the rest of the half. Doesn't play a lot in the game but shows tremendous fluidity and mobility as well as a stellar shot. Very willing passer, picks her spots on offense. A finesse player but explosively athletic and quick (watch that early block from behind).

14 points (6-9 FG, 2-3 3-PT), 3 rebounds, 2 blocks

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Add Chloe Clardy ('23) to the list of UConn POI Shea Ralph has offered since taking the job at Vandy.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

I'm not sure if this AAU clip of Malaysia have been post before but it's all there.
Elite athleticism body control, endurance (motor), hops, length and speed with and without the ball. I don't know for sure but I'm betting this kid runs track and is very very good at it. Elite court vision. In the gym range on the jumper. Could be an alltime great.

Last edited:

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Malaysia: video looks great...so smoooooth!

Is she realistic for a 2023 guard target for UConn? One year overlap with Paige... 2 years with Azzi.
I'd say yes. Thoughts? Hope she wants to spread her athletic wings and leave her home state...South Carolina.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Is she realistic for a 2023 guard target for UConn? One year overlap with Paige... 2 years with Azzi.
I'd say yes. Thoughts? Hope she wants to spread her athletic wings and leave her home state...South Carolina.
My biggest concern is her home town being Columbia SC. I have ZERO concern about her ability to play at UCONN this would be the equivalent of combining MoJeff and Paige into the same player.

Reaction Score

I hear from a coach on the boys side at W J Keenan High School (in which Malaysia attends) that she might be going to school in Georgia this year. I’m hearing she has to work on her social media discipline if that makes sense. Might not be UCONN material when it comes to discipline. Just what I heard from a close friend who coaches at her school.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
As she should. Coach Valley better get to work! Vandy is my second favorite team!
I kind of have to disagree with that sentiment. Shea knows what players UCONN was recruiting because she was a part of the process and how they were prioritized. Vandy and UCONN are not after the same kids so I would not have any issue with Shea offering kids that UCONN has not offered. But I would have a huge problem with Shea offering kids that UCONN has already offered. I don't think UCONN has offered Shade or have they?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I hear from a coach on the boys side at W J Keenan High School (in which Malaysia attends) that she might be going to school in Georgia this year. I’m hearing she has to work on her social media discipline if that makes sense. Might not be UCONN material when it comes to discipline. Just what I heard from a close friend who coaches at her school.
Her lack of " social media disciple' has been mentioned on BY before specifically in reference to a video where she was throwing up dollar bills and such. The lack of proper parental and or adult supervision/guidance was also mentioned. Definitely not UCONN material if those aspects of her growth are not corrected.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
CD also now following 2023 guard Taliah Scott from Florida. Scott is #14 at ESPN and #21 at ASGR. She is the 10th POI on the U16 tryout list.

Scott also impressed in AAU action this weekend.

Reaction Score
Yeah I’m hoping for Kk or Kiki Rice
KK Arnold from class of 23 impressed me maybe more. Maybe 2 next year and 3 the year after. Kk, the post from NJ and Watkins the wing from CA. Just from highlight I saw I think Arnold has great speed and a court awareness most of players don't.

Reaction Score

I'm not sure if this AAU clip of Malaysia have been post before but it's all there.
Elite athleticism body control, endurance (motor), hops, length and speed with and without the ball. I don't know for sure but I'm betting this kid runs track and is very very good at it. Elite court vision. In the gym range on the jumper. Could be an alltime great.

Saniya Rivers was TRYING to guard her in a couple of those frames. She's probably hoping she goes to SC. I would. lol She's elite. And I don't toss that word around lightly.

Reaction Score
KK Arnold from class of 23 impressed me maybe more. Maybe 2 next year and 3 the year after. Kk, the post from NJ and Watkins the wing from CA. Just from highlight I saw I think Arnold has great speed and a court awareness most of players don't.
I like KK Arnold. She is fast but under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom