May 2021 recruiting thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

May 2021 recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A little more on Madison Booker ('23):

Booker, a 6-foot sophomore guard, averaged 18.8 points and 7.8 rebounds and led the Germantown girls to the MSHAA Class 5A state runner-up finish, the best year in school history, despite being targeted by multiple, special defenses trying to slow her down.

Booker became an instant star on the varsity level two years ago, had a banner freshman season and came into this season ranked as one of the top players in her sophomore class in the country. She is ranked No. 4 in the nation by Prep Girls Hoops, No. 5 by Blue Star Basketball and No. 9 by ESPN Hoopsgurlz in her class. Despite the added attention, Booker excelled all season. In addition to her scoring and rebounding, Booker averaged 2.7 assists, 1.6 steals and 1.6 blocked shots.

“Maddie saw box in ones, face guards and double teams,” Germantown coach Jamie Glasgow said. “Early in the season, she would stop moving on offense and get frustrated. She tried to force shots when she got the ball. By the end of the season, she kept moving on offense and took what the defense gave her.

“Maddie is good at every part of the game. She can shoot, dribble, pass, rebound and play defense, and she has size and a lot of athleticism.”

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Anyone remember Jaelyn Bates, the diminutive part-Native American player in New Mexico who resembles Crystal Dangerfield? Her undefeated Volcano Vista team won the 5A championship in dramatic fashion.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Scott and Booker also show up on Shane Laflin's list from the weekend as well as Jordy Griggs.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Prentice Beverly's list of top players he saw at Boo Williams include these UConn POI and recruit:

Ice Brady, Imani Lester, Kiki Rice, Juju Watkins, Madison Booker, Breya Cunningham, Cori Allen, Jordy Griggs, Ashlynn Shade, Athena Tomlinson, Katie Fiso, Nyla Brooks

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Course we do. Very interested to see where she ends up. Might have AA potential.
She is so much fun to watch. I’m not sure what offers she has. I think she’ll wind up at New Mexico, which is the only firm offer I’m aware of.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Write-up from Olivia Anderson's AAU coach:

Devin Coppinger - Tree of Hope

One of the top rising 2024 prospects in the state. Coppinger already has a translatable quality to the next level and that is her outstanding motor. She always plays hard and it has translated to her playing against competition 3 years older than her. She can slash and make plays attacking the basket standing around 5’10.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The word out of Waco is that Class of 2021 5-star post, Maryam Dauda, a 6’4” C who shot 41% from the arc has asked for and received a release from her LOI to Baylor. Evidently, new HC Nicki Collen was unable to persuade Dauda to honor her commitment to Baylor despite the coaching change.

The early betting money appears to be on Mike Neighbors and Arkansas where Dauda is from. But I would not be surprised if LSU, TX and everyone else who is interested in a talented Big isn’t beating down Dauda’s door right now.

Reaction Score
The word out of Waco is that Class of 2021 5-star post, Maryam Dauda, a 6’4” C who shot 41% from the arc has asked for and received a release from her LOI to Baylor. Evidently, new HC Nicki Collen was unable to persuade Dauda to honor her commitment to Baylor despite the coaching change.

The early betting money appears to be on Mike Neighbors and Arkansas where Dauda is from. But I would not be surprised if LSU, TX and everyone else who is interested in a talented Big isn’t beating down Dauda’s door right now.
Saw that, ranked #1 in her position (post) on Hoopgurlz. Will be a lucky get for any of those southern programs, where I believe she’ll stay.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One additional thought on Dauda. If I’m Geno, and I’m bringing in Dorka for 1 or possibly 2 years, I might just be interested in a HS senior, with the same skill set, who will be around for 4 years. It would certainly be worth a phone call to gauge her interest.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Prentice Beverly's list of top players he saw at Boo Williams include these UConn POI and recruit:

Ice Brady, Imani Lester, Kiki Rice, Juju Watkins, Madison Booker, Breya Cunningham, Cori Allen, Jordy Griggs, Ashlynn Shade, Athena Tomlinson, Katie Fiso, Nyla Brooks

How many of these elites do you think UConn can sign and bring in?

Reaction Score
Got to believe that Adia Barnes at AZ will also be hot on the trail for Dauda.
She just received a commitment from 6’4” Maya Nnaji this week. Who knows, though?

Reaction Score
I think with the transfer rule we’ll be able to add in some great additions even if we have an off year from high school commits.
Right. For the next few years anyway there should be a long grad transfer list and some late bloomers from smaller programs could be key to a couple title runs. Juhasz appears to be exactly what UConn needed, size and experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom