Maryland post game thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Maryland post game thread

Reaction Score
Any P4 game we play in is realistically a body bag game. We maybe go 3-5 in cusa and I don’t even know who is in that conference.

Reaction Score
Any word whether Evers will be available next week? I am concern that he may have suffered a concussion. We haven't had much luck last couple of years keeping our starting healthy.
I think they pulled him because it was his first start against probably UConn's toughest opponent, his first real game in 3 years, the game was lost, and he was struggling. He seemed to be OK on the sidelines after the hit.

Reaction Score
I didn't get to see the game but I read a comment in Maryland's forum where someone said UConn had the ball on MD's 30 1st and 10 and ran the ball 3 straight times and came up with nothing. The person's comment to UConn was "at least try!" So, I don't t know who was getting the ball but it looks like, at least in that case, we need to pass more.

I was in the stands. Cam got off a nice run in their first drive, then didn’t see the ball again. Maybe it looked like a lot of running - designed QB runs and rollouts that turned into scrambles. But, it felt like run, pass, pass, punt every time they touched the ball. Our defense was absolutely gassed - constantly on the field. Superior opponent, sure - but terrible game management on our part.

Reaction Score
I was in the stands. Cam got off a nice run in their first drive, then didn’t see the ball again. Maybe it looked like a lot of running - designed QB runs and rollouts that turned into scrambles. But, it felt like run, pass, pass, punt every time they touched the ball. Our defense was absolutely gassed - constantly on the field. Superior opponent, sure - but terrible game management on our part.
Did Cam get hurt?

Reaction Score
The DBs were giving so much space, anyone could have made catches. We’ve seen this movie before and if this is the future we are screwed. Everyone gets fired in 3.5 months Without an abrupt change.
Wasn't the secondary down 4 starters due to injuries and the ejection?

Tough to win with back ups on D.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Meh. It's only one game but I think this year's team is worse than last year's. The good news is we should have won 5 games last year so I think we can still win 4-5 this year, but I'm not exactly enthused.
I think we're better. Just the fact that someone explained to the staff that you are allowed to run back kicks open up a whole new world of possibilities.

CL82

Reaction Score
I'm going to give the staff some slack on Rosa since it's been reported that he's been hurt. But between him and Edwards there should be 30 touches per game.

They had 11. Combined. What are we doing?
What's the report on Rosa? I wondered why he didn't get more burn.

Reaction Score
I didn't get to watch the game and I am debating reading through 10 pages of what I expect to be our usual BY One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest analytics. I can only wonder, is Maryland like some dark horse CFP contender which we just happened to schedule on the wrong year, or do we suck this badly? We have a propensity for catching even mediocre teams on their best years.

Stressed Sebastian Stan GIF by HULU

Reaction Score
CT resident and it would Be cool to have a legit program in the state. Maybe it is sacrilege among the husky alums here but Is it inappropriate to at least ask “At what point is UConn v Maine a much more enjoyable fall Sat than watching this nonsense over n over?“.

Maybe it is a necessary cash dump in order to maybe stay in the running for a Big 12 type of lifeline. But, at what cost? And for how long is it ok that much of that maybe remains a pipe dream?

Dont know the answers and I probably will get blasted for asking the question . but, have folks said, “ we belong in the CAA like Maine, UNH and URI“ ?
I would have no interest in that. We will likely have a decision to make, keep trying to make this football thing work and dump a lot more money into it or get rid of it. I have zero interest in UConn dropping down and playing UNH, Maine, and URI. If they're going to get rid of it, really get rid of it so we don't spend another dime on it and we don't have to match it with Title IX scholarships.

Reaction Score
I didn't get to watch the game and I am debating reading through 10 pages of what I expect to be our usual BY One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest analytics. I can only wonder, is Maryland like some dark horse CFP contender which we just happened to schedule on the wrong year, or do we suck this badly? We have a propensity for catching even mediocre teams on their best years.

Stressed Sebastian Stan GIF by HULU
We suck this badly, Georgia could drop 100 on us in a shutout if they felt like it.

Reaction Score
I thought our new defensive coordinator from the SEC was supposed to be great. It didn't look so in today's game.

Reaction Score
What's the report on Rosa? I wondered why he didn't get more burn.
He was hurt during camp but I also don't think Mora likes him. Which is wild because he's clearly one of our most explosive players. He shows it on the field

CL82

Reaction Score
He was hurt during camp but I also don't think Mora likes him. Which is wild because he's clearly one of our most explosive players. He shows it on the field
I've wondered about that as well. For whatever reason Mora just doesn't seem like a fan.

Reaction Score
I've wondered about that as well. For whatever reason Mora just doesn't seem like a fan.
It seems like ever since he tumbled into the end zone he's been on his s list

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Probably time to just look forward.
Maryland is more skilled, funded and deeper. Middle part of the schedule will be more telling.
I think this one was pretty telling in itself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom