Maryland post game thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Maryland post game thread

Reaction Score
Probably time to just look forward.
Maryland is more skilled, funded and deeper. Middle part of the schedule will be more telling.
Meh. It's only one game but I think this year's team is worse than last year's. The good news is we should have won 5 games last year so I think we can still win 4-5 this year, but I'm not exactly enthused.

Reaction Score
That's why you get everything you can out of every player while they're on the roster. If he came out and played well, got us to six wins and bounced to a higher profile school, it's good for the brand.
And if he tanks or gets injured he’ll enter Casey Cochran lore

Reaction Score
That's why you get everything you can out of every player while they're on the roster. If he came out and played well, got us to six wins and bounced to a higher profile school, it's good for the brand.
why did they take my comment down? what did i say wrong - show your face, moderator!

Reaction Score
What does that mean?

Maryland has much better players than UConn.

At end of day it is a wide talent differential that causes these ridiculous performances.
Maryland has stuff together... coaching staff on down to the players. You can tell even before this game. Optimal coaching experience across the board... their entire system is like clockwork. You could tell that expectations during practices was a little higher than ours. We're still in 'getting to know you' mode. We definitely have a decent amount of talent now. We need to put that along coaching together. Discipline ain't there. We definitely have football guys.... we just need live reps... more of them. Merrimack should help that... we need a confidence booster too. Next week has to be what the doctor ordered

Reaction Score
Love how someone can say it’s a bad team after one game “Huskysupporter”
Did you read the game thread. This is tame.

We are probably not good. We have mostly the same running backs so the run will come. The key ingredient is Evers.

I think 8-4 is doable but very tough. I think 4/5 is the right number.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I understand that Maryland may be the toughest game on our schedule but they're 58th. They're basically a middle of the road FBS football squad. The fact that they look like they're playing a different game than we are is a problem.

Reaction Score
It starts in the locker room.. they players can see through the BS… and without a buy in from the players then not much else to do. The guy everyone wants is there and I believe everyone knows it.. not just the players.. It’s just now hinges on if they make the right decision or not.

Reaction Score
I think Evers is going to be alright. Lots of dropped passes early on didn't help.
That's my take. I also expect some hairballs.

Also hate to say but this is where the money was spent so that's what it'll be this season.

My honest thought is I think we have a run and pass attack which will mature over the season. There's no reason to think our run won't produce against inferior defenses and that will open the pass which they tried to feature tonight.

Maybe I got it all wrong.

Reaction Score
It starts in the locker room.. they players can see through the BS… and without a buy in from the players then not much else to do. The guy everyone wants is there and I believe everyone knows it.. not just the players.. It’s just now hinges on if they make the right decision or not.
This is a concern of mine too. Mora isn't running the defense anymore. I hope he has a pulse on the locker room and can pivot if it's the right thing to do. But I'm not there so idk squat about it.

Reaction Score
UConn will never be a destination for elite or even 3 or 4 star players. If you want a program that loses 50 players a year in the portal and tries to pay 50 each year to try out here…that’s what we’ll have. We have the second easiest schedule in the country! People are actually looking forward to the Merrimack game. Merrimack! Are you serious! That’s not D1 football!
After this season, shut the program down for at least ten years. Stay in the BE.
Absolutely right! Chasing real D-1 football is so unrealistic! Dreamers have no clue what it takes to make this work!

Reaction Score
Sometimes, I can’t believe you were a sports writer. We have the easiest schedule in FBS. We have NIL money, we have very good facilities, we have a great university and we have an NFL coach. If we can’t win 5 games, we can’t win 5 games. It will speak for itself. I’m just tired of this and I’m tired of explaining to my wife why I fund it. We could have lost 50-24 and you wouldn’t be hearing a peep from me.
@JohnFSilver. Sorry about this comment. I’ve been drinking and talking football all day with old friends. I was out of line picking on you. We’re all here because we care. I’m just sick of it. I don’t see any improvement. I see a QB that is subpar compared to the freshman and a team that lacks fundamentals. I love Jim Mora, but I can’t help but think a coach that’s headed for big things would be getting better results. We aren’t showing much.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
What does that mean?

Maryland has much better players than UConn.

At end of day it is a wide talent differential that causes these ridiculous performances.
I had no idea it would be as wide as it was. Going into this game, knowing Marlyand had a lot of new players, I was hoping this game would be somewhat competitive. I guess it was wishful thinking.

Reaction Score
I don’t care who the DC is. The scheme doesn’t matter if players can’t tackle. I don’t care who the QB is. The thrower doesn’t matter if the receivers can’t catch.

The DBs were giving so much space, anyone could have made catches. We’ve seen this movie before and if this is the future we are screwed. Everyone gets fired in 3.5 months Without an abrupt change.

Reaction Score
Any word whether Evers will be available next week? I am concern that he may have suffered a concussion. We haven't had much luck last couple of years keeping our starting healthy.

Reaction Score
I understand that Maryland may be the toughest game on our schedule but they're 58th. They're basically a middle of the road FBS football squad. The fact that they look like they're playing a different game than we are is a problem.
Doesn't matter in week 1. Especially since we're a football program still in trying to prove we belong mode

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom