March 17 Non-UConn games thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

March 17 Non-UConn games thread

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Also saw a note about this game where Fargas benched her starting center for some violation for this game and then they got dominated in the post. No idea about the issue but I do respect coaches that bench players for violations for bowl or tournament games even if it weakens their chances.

The UK coach did the same thing to a Senior in the NCAA's a few years back for breaking curfew (i think)..... they ended up losing that game to Dayton

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I wanted a good game between Georgia and Mercer...and both teams delivered. Gutsy effort by the Bears.

Just hate that the committee made Mercer play a team they have already gone against this season. Color Analyst said the “committee doesn’t like doing that” yet they did it 3x in the first round :rolleyes:

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Mercer on a 12-2 run...54-53 game. Under 5 minutes to go now against Georgia.
lee corso not so fast.jpg

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Man, I just noticed there are a lot of Orange colored schools this year- Tenn, Oregon St, Mercer, Ok St, Syracuse, Miami to name the ones I saw...now my eyes hurt, but it is an Irish day so where is the Green to go along with that?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Chiney Ogwumike sighting, calling the UCLA-American game.

Reaction Score
You don't read other boards and social media, apparently.

I am SHOCKED to hear there are people saying dumb stuff on social
Media.

I might have to reconsider what I read about the world being flat.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Forgot LSU got smacked by 11 seed Central Michigan today. The SEC: way more bark than bite.

LSU was the 7th best of 7 SEC tourney teams and by most measures a toss up with CMU. Nice win for CMU.

Reaction Score
LSU was the 7th best of 7 SEC tourney teams and by most measures a toss up with CMU. Nice win for CMU.

Not sure I’d say toss up. 11 over 6 is a big upset in the women’s bravket

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
American working the back door cuts, a couple layups in the early going. Leading 4-2.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Not much scoring, 6-5 American. They don't look intimidated and are not getting "out-athleted" so far.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
No. You said “wouldn’t survive.” That’s a BIG difference from saying that UConn might lose a couple of games.

Well, I didn't assume anyone would take that nearly literally. UConn players wouldn't pass on if they played in those conferences.

I am SHOCKED to hear there are people saying dumb stuff on social
Media.

I might have to reconsider what I read about the world being flat.

Where else are they supposed to say it other than there and online boards?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Aaarrrgggghhh on USF! I agree Buffalo is absolutely a worthy team and probably underseeded, yet for USF to get blown out in Tallahassee is still a terrible job by Jose and his team. Each year is different for teams and maybe one year, USF will actually show up as the main focus is qualifying, which they do, but I for one, will not respect them until they make noise in the tournament and advance vs. just the noise they make about wanting to be considered. Any talk about a top 4 seed was always just that -talk and poor talk at that. So I honestly ask- is USF overrated or underperforming with their roster?

Reaction Score
I hate to contradict your hated for OSU but putting your faith behind USF is absolutely misguided. Despite tOSU game at home, who and what has USF done to warrant hosting? I am no fan of McGuff but his teams resume is better than USF. The next big game that Jose wins in the NCAA will be his first. As I type, Buffalo is winning 51-40 in Tallahassee. Once again, USF is disappointing in the NCAA. I guess the Euro's can't handle the pressure...:rolleyes:
I guess it was decided on the court when USF had their a** handed to them. Wow, was I off on that one. I don’t dislike Ohio State, I just think they are terribly overrated.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UCLA settling down. Got a turnover on full court press, now on a 6-0 run and leading 11-9. Canada got her first bucket most of the way thru Q1. Billings off to a slow start too.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Aaarrrgggghhh on USF! I agree Buffalo is absolutely a worthy team and probably underseeded, yet for USF to get blown out in Tallahassee is still a terrible job by Jose and his team. Each year is different for teams and maybe one year, USF will actually show up as the main focus is qualifying, which they do, but I for one, will not respect them until they make noise in the tournament and advance vs. just the noise they make about wanting to be considered. Any talk about a top 4 seed was always just that -talk and poor talk at that. So I honestly ask- is USF overrated or underperforming with their roster?
I believe this is the first time that USF has lost to a lower-seeded team in the NCAA tournament. They've advanced to the second round and come tantalizingly close to making the Sweet 16, but not yet.

I really don't think their roster is all that great. I said it on another thread, but having just one or two good/great players and a smattering of role players with almost no depth is not the formula for a top 16 team. How many of USF's players aside from Laksa would have been considered top 100 recruits?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
13-1 run for UCLA. 18-10 w/ 2:07 left in Q1.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Never mind about that "out-atheleted" thing. UCLA is flexing their muscles and blowing this thing open, 22-10. Billings establishing dominance in the paint.

Reaction Score
Is UCLA really that big a draw that they are airing this game and not the other 3 more competitive games? The arena is almost totally empty too.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Hold on a minute. Was 30-12 but American on a 8-0 run.

Reaction Score
Is UCLA really that big a draw that they are airing this game and not the other 3 more competitive games? The arena is almost totally empty too.
I don’t understand the choice of games at all. I’m in VA and got the OSU/GW game. That made sense. But when the lead was 30 and Georgia was close, they stayed with OSU till the end. Why?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

Does anybody else playing currently have a pair of players as good and exciting to watch as Canada and Billings?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom