Mamoudou Diarra update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Mamoudou Diarra update

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
And to think, for a second I thought you were going to acknowledge that saying you were "still waiting" to see what the hype with Chillious after three weeks in April was but instead you doubled down and said something even dumber. It's like I forgot where I was for a second.
I was being somewhat sarcastic. However, since you are the authority on dumb posts, I'll take your word for it.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Good thing Chillious isn't a West Coast guy.
Why were other posters saying he was a national recruiter? Maybe it's overstated to say he's a West Coast guy but how about focusing on the Tri-State and getting us some of those players? No sense chasing kids all over the planet. Let's protect our home turf first.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
One more thread to ignore. I have punched out of at least a dozen threads spun out of control this last week. "He wore Adidas. That's because Chill sucks at recruiting". "His tweet didn't have ALL CAPS. Ollie clearly cant develop bigs." Dial it back a bit loonies. Not everything is an insult or a referendum. Except August's Arby's three. That is both. Time for a boneyard hiatus.

Reaction Score
Why were other posters saying he was a national recruiter? Maybe it's overstated to say he's a West Coast guy but how about focusing on the Tri-State and getting us some of those players? No sense chasing kids all over the planet. Let's protect our home turf first.

He is a national recruiter because the most connected guys and high profile recruiters reel in players from the across the country. He is most deeply linked to the DMV area (Fultz was a DMV kid he lured to Washington) and he has coached in Maryland, CT, Pennsylvania, etc.

When he was at Washington, he was a lead recruiter on a lot of kids from Seattle. He will recruit heavily locally, with a large dash of Maryland, DC and Virginia players thrown in.

Reaction Score
Chillious was a Connecticut/New England Prep school coach at Kent. He obviously is a astute salesman. The NEW ENGLAND prep circuit is one of the most important in the country today ... and UConn needs to feed off that group of schools. We can win that way. Chillious is a upgrade, imho, over what we were doing in this key market.

Reaction Score
It's bananaland people can say anything negative about this hire. The guy is a bonafide recruiter who is hooked up in the New England prep circuit and in the DMV, two of our most likely sources for high level recruits at UConn. Great hire

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Chillious was a Connecticut/New England Prep school coach at Kent. He obviously is a astute salesman. The NEW ENGLAND prep circuit is one of the most important in the country today ... and UConn needs to feed off that group of schools. We can win that way. Chillious is a upgrade, imho, over what we were doing in this key market.
I would love to get another 2-3 players for this season. Good freshmen or good grads. If we don't I'll be disappointed but I'm more concerned that the staff get a great '18 class. They'll have more time and have a lot more options

Reaction Score
I would love to get another 2-3 players for this season. Good freshmen or good grads. If we don't I'll be disappointed but I'm more concerned that the staff get a great '18 class. They'll have more time and have a lot more options
The only problem is we only have 9 players for next year and 3 are coming off injury years. We need at least 3 more players.

Reaction Score
The only problem is we only have 9 players for next year and 3 are coming off injury years. We need at least 3 more players.
As I'm saying all along we will get them by mid July

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
What's your point? Chills was a great hire PERIOD. Who cares about Lorenzo Romar. He's irrelevant to us
What makes him such a great hire? I've seriously been wondering what exactly makes everyone so hype for his guy. Just because he "found" Fultz? He's got a solid resume, nothing specacular. His players did nothing at Washington last year.

Reaction Score
What makes him such a great hire? I've seriously been wondering what exactly makes everyone so hype for his guy. Just because he "found" Fultz? He's got a solid resume, nothing specacular. His players did nothing at Washington last year.
Its known across the country that this guy is an ace recruiter. When multiple reporters who would know all refer to the hire as a great addition, i tend to take their word for it over a random fan. Then on top of that just look at his resume. Isaish Thomas an NBA all star and MVP candidate chooses to work out with chillious every summer. That speaks volumes. Im sorry but there is no negative to be found in his hiring no matter how hard you dig

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Because he is on our side now.

I actually like Chillious, and I personally feel he is a step up and a general upgrade in the state of the coaching staff.

But the honest truth is 99% of the members of the Boneyard had never heard of the name Raphael Chillious 1 week before Doc's thread predicting he replaces Miller.

Reaction Score
You basically have to rely on the media to determine the quality of assistant coaches IMO. Unless you are compulsively obsessed with recruiting, you are not going to know the point man on recruits for different teams throughout the country. Head coaches are judged on wins and losses. People outside the program don't even know the assistants' responsibilities or the dynamics of the coaching staff so it hard to judge on any tangible metric. I had heard of Chillious quite a while ago because he has had a great reputation for years but I can't say for sure that I know he is some stud. I just know that the Jeff Goodmans and Evan Daniels of the world think he is a stud.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Do media members ever tweet negative responses when someone is hired?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'm not too keen on the Chillious hire, mainly because it broke our PSA relationship with Miller getting let go. But you have to admit Chillious had a role in getting kids to Washington, but most everything else about him is questionable at this point.

Either way, you need to give the guy time to show what he's got. And if people are rooting for him to fail then you got problems.

Reaction Score
Wait, that's what you deduced from my post? That I was criticizing Chill? A number of people in this thread are discussing Chill's claim to fame in recruiting and are referencing him discovering Fultz, that's what I'm talking about. I'm saying we will soon know who the mastermind at Washington was all those years as its something I've been personally curious about for nearly a decade as a fan of college and the NBA, where have they been getting all this talent? But you think Miller hired Romar for his COACHING accumen? Have you watched a minute of college basketball or know anything about Romar?

I'll tell you what the problem is, people who are just way to overzealous at defending to the point where some of you are just looking for reasons to take offense. Frankly mau the boneyard needs its board fool back to posting scantily clad photos of women half his age, the serious basketball analysis and rah rah doesn't suit you.

The scantily women half my age part, congrats on that. Like to have some fun, I'm guessing the only fun you have is trying to take apart the UConn coaching staff and program? I am sure your 1 or 2 friends stand next to you and say "you show those guys on the BY how much you know about everything BU, you're the man and damn you know coaching acumen" LOL

Hilarious pal, hardly worth even replying to. Basketball analysis, is that what you call your replies that's funny because there's hardly anything learned from your spew. Anyway back to Romar, knew who he was when he was at Pepperdine and St Louis, up and comer and expected more out of him at UW for sure. The guy is known to have a good basketball mind which by the way, doesn't always coexist with being a good HC, did you know that? Some of the best assistants are ex head coaches who failed, check the benches in the NCAA hero maybe you can learn something!

Now do yourself a favor and check that mirror - there you have your board fool you're looking for! ;)

Reaction Score
I'm not too keen on the Chillious hire, mainly because it broke our PSA relationship with Miller getting let go. But you have to admit Chillious had a role in getting kids to Washington, but most everything else about him is questionable at this point.

Either way, you need to give the guy time to show what he's got. And if people are rooting for him to fail then you got problems.

PSA has been relevant as a basketball school for like 3 years, so these long lasting Miller connections with PSA is just dumb. You really think that Chillious can't have the same kind of relationships with the players there? Thats not even considering the fact that Ollie has been going there for years and has plenty of connection with them. Just stop.

pj

Reaction Score
Ah, thanks. I was worried the team had a prostate problem.

Miller's relationship with the prostate was good. One of our trolls thought KO couldn't get along with the prostate, but he was just making it up.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
PSA has been relevant as a basketball school for like 3 years, so these long lasting Miller connections with PSA is just dumb. You really think that Chillious can't have the same kind of relationships with the players there? Thats not even considering the fact that Ollie has been going there for years and has plenty of connection with them. Just stop.
Considering Miller was the POC for almost every recruit there I would be a little worried.

Ollie attended some games, but Miller was there all the time talking to these kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom