Lukas Kisunas 9/24 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Lukas Kisunas 9/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My bottom line is that we have players on our roster that are better than Kisunas in Cobb and Carlton. Sometimes recruits see that and decide to go elsewhere. At a place like Old Dominion, this would not be the case.
Not sure what you're basing that on but none of those guys have played a minute for UConn. So looking at this hes got great skill around the basket. I don't believe any big man will commit to UConn until after they see what we have.

Reaction Score
Not sure what you're basing that on but none of those guys have played a minute for UConn. So looking at this hes got great skill around the basket. I don't believe any big man will commit to UConn until after they see what we have.
They don't believe we will get him so he is being downplayed as not as good as current players.

Reaction Score
They don't believe we will get him so he is being downplayed as not as good as current players.
Isn't that how the BY works. We try to justify anybody we get even if they are average or below average as a true UCONN player and anybody who chooses other places as not being a good UCONN fit. It is really silly. I mean recruiting seems to be on the uptick but there are no huge names walking through that door right now and we still lose out on recruits we really want more often than not.

Reaction Score
Isn't that how the BY works. We try to justify anybody we get even if they are average or below average as a true UCONN player and anybody who chooses other places as not being a good UCONN fit. It is really silly. I mean recruiting seems to be on the uptick but there are no huge names walking through that door right now and we still lose out on recruits we really want more often than not.

I'm quite pleased with the names we've gotten in rather fast order lately.
Contrast that with a school like Butler, who just went through a regime shift, that is losing out on every recruit they've been after. Morris Udeze spurned Butler last night and chose Wichita State.
Georgetown seems to be getting the cold shoulder from recruits too. St Johns... Oh St Johns..

Reaction Score
Yeah, we need to Blaze Dimon through Admissions.

Does this mean we (and presumably other teams) have backed off a bit on Dimon while he gets his academics in order? This is actually better news to me than if we backed off for other reasons, or if he simply didn't have interest. Hoping the kid can get his academics in order and we can go after him in the spring if we have a spot open.

Reaction Score
Does this mean we (and presumably other teams) have backed off a bit on Dimon while he gets his academics in order? This is actually better news to me than if we backed off for other reasons, or if he simply didn't have interest. Hoping the kid can get his academics in order and we can go after him in the spring if we have a spot open.
Chief has no idea lol

Reaction Score
I'm quite pleased with the names we've gotten in rather fast order lately.
Contrast that with a school like Butler, who just went through a regime shift, that is losing out on every recruit they've been after. Morris Udeze spurned Butler last night and chose Wichita State.
Georgetown seems to be getting the cold shoulder from recruits too. St Johns... Oh St Johns..
Yes but we still try to upsell every recruit we do get and downplay every one we lose. That is the main part of what I'm tyring to say. I will agree that what we have gotten this year has been solid but still these weren't our top targets and it seems like getting a quality big man here is going to be a challenge.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hmmm...
Capture.PNG

Reaction Score
I'd be happy to have him based on the videos I've seen, seems like he would be a solid 4-year guy. But with the shakeup probably causing a cascade of decommitments and transfers from other programs over the next 6 months or so, I also won't necessarily be crushed if we don't get him.

Reaction Score
He's just a troll lol. I think he's funny but you really shouldn't put any faith in anything he says

His track record isn't much different than anyone not named Zionn, he's just more vocal than the others. I realize not 100% of his information is going to be accurate, but I still appreciate the information he provides, even if I have to take everything with a few grains of salt.

Reaction Score
I like Kisunas's game. Very mobil, really good IQ in the post, physical, good hands, finishes. He's big, 6:8,6:9, 6:10, 235lbs or so with a year to go. Surely has some elements of Lithuanian/European fundamentals, more passing and team play. I loved Giffey's game. Neils had a nose for where the play was and was almost always involved somehow. Consummate team player. My father would have loved Giffeys game, just sayin. It's the European fundamentals. I think Kisunas would contribute in a similar manner as Neils did. You don't even see all the smart play he is laying down unless you are watching him, looking for it. Could be a great addition, team chemistry-wise. It is also possible that there may be top tier decommits and/or transfers. I am going to trust the staff on this whole situation, they are doing an excellent job.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm in the minority that would pass on this kid, we have plenty of bigs who need time to develop, give me someone ready to contribute now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom