Lukas Kisunas 9/24 | The Boneyard

Lukas Kisunas 9/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This guy to me looking at video only of course, is right there with Matthews in the fact he's rated well below his skill set. He already is close to being a man with good size and he plays with an aggression as well as being able to step out and make a shot. Not sure of the handle sort passing skills but a lot to work with here.

It would continue to be a very good month if Tuesday brings us his verbal that's for sure.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know why but I feel like this kid could be huge for us. if he commits shortly after the visit I will be on cloud 9 til the season starts.

Something is in the water in Storrs right now and I like it

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This guy to me looking at video only of course, is right there with Matthews in the fact he's rated well below his skill set. He already is close to being a man with good size and he plays with an aggression as well as being able to step out and make a shot. Not sure of the handle sort passing skills but a lot to work with here.

It would continue to be a very good month if Tuesday brings us his verbal that's for sure.
In the locked Lukas thread @Ricker gave an in depth analysis of this kid and felt he's a good team role player with skills. Perfect to support what we'll have next season.

Reaction Score
Watching his YouTube highlights, I see a guy who has a mature back-to-the-basket game for a guy his age and a guy who could provide offense on the pick and roll. Has positioning smarts on the offensive and defensive boards, but also has the bulk to battle down low, if need be. All of his shots are from within 8 feet, but he can kick it outside and looks like a decent passer for his size. His biggest deficiency seems like he lacks rim protection.

Bottom line, I'd be very excited if he commits.

Reaction Score
Watching his YouTube highlights, I see a guy who has a mature back-to-the-basket game for a guy his age and a guy who could provide offense on the pick and roll. Has positioning smarts on the offensive and defensive boards, but also has the bulk to battle down low, if need be. All of his shots are from within 8 feet, but he can kick it outside and looks like a decent passer for his size. His biggest deficiency seems like he lacks rim protection.

Bottom line, I'd be very excited if he commits.

Look at the all the positives you mentioned before you even mentioned "rim protection" though right? All of those things we've been dearly missing and more than make up for guys who pretty much can only block shots. That's a basketball player, one we are in need of.

Reaction Score
Look at the all the positives you mentioned before you even mentioned "rim protection" though right? All of those things we've been dearly missing and more than make up for guys who pretty much can only block shots. That's a basketball player, one we are in need of.
Last three national champ teams were not over flowing with rim protection either. Over rated if you ask me. Gonzaga had a guy last year who was as wide as he was tall and offered no rim protection. Pretty sure he could barely dunk.

Reaction Score
No player was top 25 in blocked shots....not sure who you are thinking of. Zach Collins averaged 1.8 blocks...that is hardly a serious rim protector

Reaction Score
Last three national champ teams were not over flowing with rim protection either. Over rated if you ask me. Gonzaga had a guy last year who was as wide as he was tall and offered no rim protection. Pretty sure he could barely dunk.

I thought Oriakhi was a fine rim protector, and Roscoe helped a lot too.

You can say the same about freshman Brimah.

However, I would point out that both of them got a lot of help from people like Roscoe and later Daniels as well.

In other words, rim protection can also come from people like Polley, K Williams, Wilson, etc.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Last three national champ teams were not over flowing with rim protection either. Over rated if you ask me.
It's not a "must-have", like defensive rebounding. As you point out, you can win a national championship with average rim protection.

But still, a dominant rim protector is a very nice thing to have if you're not forced to sacrifice other structural necessities.

No player was top 25 in blocked shots....not sure who you are thinking of. Zach Collins averaged 1.8 blocks...that is hardly a serious rim protector
My man, he did that in 17 MPG. Collins was a very impressive rim protector.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I thought Oriakhi was a fine rim protector, and Roscoe helped a lot too.

You can say the same about freshman Brimah.

However, I would point out that both of them got a lot of help from people like Roscoe and later Daniels as well.

In other words, rim protection can also come from people like Polley, K Williams, Wilson, etc.
the reason why UCONN led the nation in blocks or was in the top 5 for over a decade was because we had multiple players who were active on defense and were very aggressive when the ball went anywhere near the rim. they didn't get bullied. Another reason is our perimeter defense was great and funneled the ball into the lane where the bigs were waiting

Reaction Score

Zach Collins ranked 22nd in the country in block % (the amount of his blocks divided by opponents shots while he is on the court). He was even better in the tournament; he had 6 against South Carolina in the Final Four.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69