Lukas Kisunas 9/24 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lukas Kisunas 9/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From the looks of this guy it appears he would be a good find maybe even a great find but Old Dominion???
He has plenty of legit major offers and Old Dominion finished 3rd in CUSA last year/won 25+ games the previous two. Not saying they are good by any means, but they aren't some terrible 200+ team.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He has plenty of legit major offers and Old Dominion finished 3rd in CUSA last year/won 25+ games the previous two. Not saying they are good by any means, but they aren't some terrible 200+ team.
There are always a few Eastern European dudes kicking around with teams of that level who put up ridiculous regular season numbers and then just kill one major team in the tourney. I seriously do not mind spending a scholarship on that even if there's 0% chance he turns into the next Emeka.

Reaction Score
There are always a few Eastern European dudes kicking around with teams of that level who put up ridiculous regular season numbers and then just kill one major team in the tourney. I seriously do not mind spending a scholarship on that even if there's 0% chance he turns into the next Emeka.
He would be perfect on any one of those past frontcourts where we had a monster shotblocker. Doesn't look like we'll have any big time shotblocker in this lot but Kisunas still seems like he would be a good get for us. Big guys with good hands, good footwork and toughness are always good to have.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Looks tough, has some offensive skills around the basket...basically, everything we needed over the past two or three years.

You can go a long, long way with four-year guys like that in the front court.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
He would be perfect on anyone of those past frontcourts where we had a monster shotblocker. Doesn't look like we'll have any big time sbotblocker in this lot..
This is probably true, tho Mamadou, Whaley, Polley, Wilson & Williams all have the profile of potentially above-average-to-elite help-side shot-blockers, a la DeAndre.

Waaaaay more interested in our defensive rebounding anyway (and I know you are as well). If this kid can hit his defensive rotations, box out and grab the damn ball when it's in his area... god, it would be nice to have that again.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He would be perfect on anyone of those past frontcourts where we had a monster shotblocker. Doesn't look like we'll have any big time sbotblocker in this lot but Kisunas still seems like he would be a good get for us. Big guys with good hands, good footwork and toughness are always good to have.
Looks tough, has some offensive skills around the basket...basically, everything we needed over the past two or three years.

Things no coach has ever said to a big man:

1. "You're footwork is too good".
2. "It's a shame the way you pass out of the double team to the open guy. Why don't you spend more time doing X."
3. "You're hands are too good for this level. You seem like a nice kid but I don't know how well that will transition to D1 ball."
4. "You spend a bit too much time under the hoop laying your body on defenders and fighting for position. Have tried spending more time on X?"

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is probably true, tho Mamadou, Whaley, Polley, Wilson & Williams all have the profile of potentially above-average-to-elite help-side shot-blockers, a la DeAndre.

Waaaaay more interested in our defensive rebounding anyway (and I know you are as well). If this kid can hit his defensive rotations, box out and grab the damn ball when it's in his area... god, it would be nice to have that again.

The unmentioned next part of the defensive rebounding is outlet passes starting the break. With Brimah and Facey even a defensive reb0und resulted in them holding the ball and handing off to a guard.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
The unmentioned next part of the defensive rebounding is outlet passes starting the break. With Brimah and Facey even a defensive reb0und resulted in them holding the ball and handing off to a guard.
So true. I tried to think of them ever making a half court outlet pass and can’t think of a single instance ever.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
So true. I tried to think of them ever making a half court outlet pass and can’t think of a single instance ever.
Vital is an exceptional full-court passer to start the break – I think he'll end up being our best at that since Doron.

Part of what made Doron effective, tho, was playing Donny as the PF and letting him release early. No other PFs could keep up with him, so it was break after break after break. But the only reason we could do that is because that team (particularly Knight) was so good at sealing and keeping the opponent off the glass. We weren't good at that last year, or really at any point since 2011.

Ideally Kwintin becomes a Donny-type PF, Cobb/Onuroh control the boards, and Ollie allows Vital to search out defensive rebounds specifically with an eye toward the long-ball break.

Reaction Score
He would be perfect on any one of those past frontcourts where we had a monster shotblocker. Doesn't look like we'll have any big time shotblocker in this lot
No, but hopefully we keep Akok Akok in CT, because he is one of the best shotblockers in the class of 2019. Kisunas wouldn't see much court before then in all likelihood anyway.

Reaction Score
From the looks of this guy it appears he would be a good find maybe even a great find but Old Dominion???
Luv this guy..solid around the basket..great hands and never brings the ball down on a rebound

Reaction Score
No player was top 25 in blocked shots....not sure who you are thinking of. Zach Collins averaged 1.8 blocks...that is hardly a serious rim protector

the dude averaged 1.8 blks in 17.2 minutes per game along with 10 pts and 6 boards. not jumping off the page in terms of per game stats, but he was a real good rim protector in school.

Reaction Score

If you can combine "some offensive skills" with "not the single worst defensive player to ever try to play a game of basketball on any level" he will be an improvement from what we've been dealing with.

Reaction Score
If you can combine "some offensive skills" with "not the single worst defensive player to ever try to play a game of basketball on any level" he will be an improvement from what we've been dealing with.

Do you have someone specific in mind?

Attitude. Confidence. When these kids get Hoop Whisperer in their ear ... sometimes they lose the burning desire to be that quality player. It's Pitino and Brey's challenge now ! Playing a new game.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Do you have someone specific in mind?

Attitude. Confidence. When these kids get Hoop Whisperer in their ear ... sometimes they lose the burning desire to be that quality player. It's Pitino and Brey's challenge now ! Playing a new game.

I haven't made that clear in the past? I'd love to see Enoch succeed, but I can't even make a case that I've seen anyone with less understanding of how to play defense than he showed for two years.

Reaction Score
I wanted Enoch to succeed. Durham as well.

Physical skills and athleticism were obvious. But he was really bad.

When we remember Kevin Ollie having three kids leave our Program ... let's layer in this fact: they tried to teach these guys to play a championship defensive capacity and none of these guys cleared any proficiency qualification.

Reaction Score
I wanted Enoch to succeed. Durham as well.

Physical skills and athleticism were obvious. But he was really bad.

When we remember Kevin Ollie having three kids leave our Program ... let's layer in this fact: they tried to teach these guys to play a championship defensive capacity and none of these guys cleared any proficiency qualification.
And took the easy way out rather than responding and stepping up to the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom