Lukas Kisunas 9/24 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Lukas Kisunas 9/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Vital is an exceptional full-court passer to start the break – I think he'll end up being our best at that since Doron.

Part of what made Doron effective, tho, was playing Donny as the PF and letting him release early. No other PFs could keep up with him, so it was break after break after break. But the only reason we could do that is because that team (particularly Knight) was so good at sealing and keeping the opponent off the glass. We weren't good at that last year, or really at any point since 2011.

Ideally Kwintin becomes a Donny-type PF, Cobb/Onuroh control the boards, and Ollie allows Vital to search out defensive rebounds specifically with an eye toward the long-ball break.
Would really like to see some of that. From the videos of Cobb it looks like he too can handle a long distance pass.
With all the long bodies and bench might we be seeing some pressing as well?

Reaction Score
I doubt the staff felt pressure to get Kisunas signed like they did with the higher ceiling guards who have visited lately. They can let a big come to them over the next 6 months.

Reaction Score
His OV to Illinois has been moved from 10/7 to this weekend.

Reaction Score
With general turmoil in the college hoops world, I am sure the staff is ok with an open scholarship.

This. Unless you're getting a player at the very top of your wish list at the moment, slowing down and seeing if better things fall into your lap may make a lot of sense.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
His OV to Illinois has been moved from 10/7 to this weekend.

Probably worth mentioning to him that Underwood is likely to be caught up at least a little bit in this huge FBI scandal given his time as OKC boss...

Reaction Score
Didn't one Auburn recruit de-committ already. Likely more to come I would think.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure our frontcourt isn't scaring away any recruits.

My bottom line is that we have players on our roster that are better than Kisunas in Cobb and Carlton. Sometimes recruits see that and decide to go elsewhere. At a place like Old Dominion, this would not be the case.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
My bottom line is that we have players on our roster that are better than Kisunas in Cobb and Carlton. Sometimes recruits see that and decide to go elsewhere. At a place like Old Dominion, this would not be the case.
IDK Kisunas looks like he will be very good and he's athletic, aggressive, and skilled

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Ollie and staff have shown they somewhat know what they are doing - let's just wait and see what decision they make

Reaction Score
He is a more advance then big Dave and Carlton right now. He will be a solid player but having him is not crucial. His reach is only 8'9"- this is typical of a average small forward in the NBA. We need a true shot blocking center. Does anyone know what is going on with Dimon Carrigan, heard that there might be some issues with academics. He has not been link with any other DI programs either

C

Chief00

He is a more advance then big Dave and Carlton right now. He will be a solid player but having him is not crucial. His reach is only 8'9"- this is typical of a average small forward in the NBA. We need a true shot blocking center. Does anyone know what is going on with Dimon Carrigan, heard that there might be some issues with academics. He has not been link with any other DI programs either
Yeah, we need to Blaze Dimon through Admissions.

Reaction Score

I honestly don't care what his reach is or if he can block a shot. He has game can post up like a man and score around the block, and he can rebound physically. Agree not "crucial" but wouldn't push him aside to wait for a shot blocker. I want to see good smart basketball players on the court for us, it's been a while.

pj

Reaction Score
I honestly don't care what his reach is or if he can block a shot. He has game can post up like a man and score around the block, and he can rebound physically. Agree not "crucial" but wouldn't push him aside to wait for a shot blocker. I want to see good smart basketball players on the court for us, it's been a while.

Respectfully disagree - he is a good player but he is a year behind our incoming freshmen and not obviously more talented (more advanced now, yes, but may not remain so). There's no guarantee he would crack the lineup. It may make more sense to reserve the scholarship for an impact player -- impact either because of superior talent, 5th year grad experience, or distinct size/athleticism profile like a long shotblocker allowing us to vary the lineup to matchup to the opponent.

Reaction Score
This. Unless you're getting a player at the very top of your wish list at the moment, slowing down and seeing if better things fall into your lap may make a lot of sense.

It wouldn't be just 2018 commits either. The may be a flood of transfers from a series of schools. Whether they would have to sit out a year will be determined.

Reaction Score
Respectfully disagree - he is a good player but he is a year behind our incoming freshmen and not obviously more talented (more advanced now, yes, but may not remain so). There's no guarantee he would crack the lineup. It may make more sense to reserve the scholarship for an impact player -- impact either because of superior talent, 5th year grad experience, or distinct size/athleticism profile like a long shotblocker allowing us to vary the lineup to matchup to the opponent.

Agree to disagree no doubt. Shot blocking isn't as important as having good basketball players who get the game. Not sure if you watched the last few years but I certainly am not a proponent unless they come with some offense and rebounding ability as well as the ability to guard someone physically on the block. But that's just me. Take the players you can have when available especially when they have skill - Brimah and Diallo should tell us all we need to know.

(Uh oh here come the "..but but St Joes..LOL)

pj

Reaction Score
Agree to disagree no doubt. Shot blocking isn't as important as having good basketball players who get the game. Not sure if you watched the last few years but I certainly am not a proponent unless they come with some offense and rebounding ability as well as the ability to guard someone physically on the block. But that's just me. Take the players you can have when available especially when they have skill - Brimah and Diallo should tell us all we need to know.

(Uh oh here come the "..but but St Joes..LOL)

Agreed on that -- they have to get the game. But, once you have a guy who gets the game in a certain way, it's best to complement them with someone who gets it in a different way. If you get the same type player, one of them is going to sit and be unhappy, and the one who sits doesn't improve the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom