LSU Basketball 21-22 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

LSU Basketball 21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I guess this can change but Smith seems like she is staying at Baylor based off her social media rambling but whoever the new coach is could certainly impact the current members decisions.

Who besides Cardoso and Mikesell are left in the portal that are big names? A lot of the good ones got snatched up already
I really hope she trying to reel in Cardoso... Mikesell....ehhh no.... if not her. Try to get Dauda here. And Lewis. May have to just fight it out with this team. ?

Reaction Score
I really hope she trying to reel in Cardoso... Mikesell....ehhh no.... if not her. Try to get Dauda here. And Lewis. May have to just fight it out with this team. ?
I hate to use the phrase “process players” but Kim isn’t gonna tolerate having half a roster of players with no P5 offers (majority of the incoming class)

I hope I’m wrong but in Kim’s press conference she said she was gonna evaluate the team first before adding to it but I mean how do you pass on Cardoso. Maybe she was being politically correct on the current level of talent but there will be a lot of movement over the next 1-2 years

Reaction Score
Idk what Fargas was thinking with that class. Too many bigs. Half of them just committed because of our name compared to the other offers.

I think she can develop McNeal and Ware. Hall is talented. But not tall enough for a Kim coached team.

The rest :rolleyes:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I’m not a Mulkey fan, and I don’t care what she does. It was interesting reading all of the comments regarding her leaving Baylor. There were reports of the relationship between her and the A.D. has become strained.

It was reported that she wanted things the school was not willing to give. If any of us were in a working environment that had turned sour, how many of us would have remained there, given the fact that our services were sought by others at a higher wage?

Kim is 59, much too old to be at a job she’s not happy with. For many of us, 59 is the age you start reaching for the plug, even if you’re not quite ready to pull it just yet.

I’m not going to second guess her motives or decision to turn the page, and begin a new challenge at LSU. She’s happy. Tiger Nation is very happy. The players she inherited are happy, and the administration is happy. It’s a good bet that Baylor’s A.D. and the administration were ok with her departure. Her players and Baylor Nation were not. How can you chide anyone that improves their career outlook and daily work environment?

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I hate to use the phrase “process players” but Kim isn’t gonna tolerate having half a roster of players with no P5 offers (majority of the incoming class)

I hope I’m wrong but in Kim’s press conference she said she was gonna evaluate the team first before adding to it but I mean how do you pass on Cardoso. Maybe she was being politically correct on the current level of talent but there will be a lot of movement over the next 1-2 years
Remove Kim the coach in this scenario. substitute any coach. You come in bringing the reputation and bravado (and expectations) she does, why would you not pursue Cardoso or anyone else that’s available and add them to your roster? Mulkey, just like every other coach in any level of competition wants to win as many games as possible every year. Needless to say it should not take her as long to get LSU competitive as it did Baylor, especially with the talent that’s available annually in the portal.

Reaction Score
Remove Kim the coach in this scenario. substitute any coach. You come in bringing the reputation and bravado (and expectations) she does, why would you not pursue Cardoso or anyone else that’s available and add them to your roster? Mulkey, just like every other coach in any level of competition wants to win as many games as possible every year. Needless to say it should not take her as long to get LSU competitive as it did Baylor, especially with the talent that’s available annually in the portal.
I don't disagree with you. Of Course recruiting high level athletes to build the roster will take some time but bringing in top tier transfers can help jump start everything much quicker. Given how late this hire is though, a lot of your good transfers are off the table except maybe a couple but then again maybe more will pop up over the next month. At this time, LSU only has a couple spots left on the roster unless some of the current kids transfer. I predict some will be 'encouraged' to look elsewhere at some point.

She is being paid a lot of money to win among other things. I don't doubt she will make significant changes to get the best team she can.

Reaction Score

The way LSU roster is currently constructed Kim may have to work with what she has at least for the first season.

Reaction Score
I guess this can change but Smith seems like she is staying at Baylor based off her social media rambling but whoever the new coach is could certainly impact the current members decisions.

Who besides Cardoso and Mikesell are left in the portal that are big names? A lot of the good ones got snatched up already
I dont think we will see a Baylor transfer wave until the new coach is announced.

Reaction Score
Has Christianna Carr found a home yet? I heard rumors she was looking at Baylor before Kim came here

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Btw. Seen this last night.... Maybe there is a chance she jump ship. We'll see.....
View attachment 67105
1619841214747.jpeg
My God someone help that poor woman! Mulkey is crushing her head like a grape!!

Reaction Score
LSU has another open scholarship now. Signee Tamia Ugass has officially decommitted and been released from her NLI. Another signee is also reported to be looking elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LSU has another open scholarship now. Signee Tamia Ugass has officially decommitted and been released from her NLI. Another signee is also reported to be looking elsewhere.
And she's going to UMKC - no offense to Ms. Ugass or to the previous LSU staff, but that seems like quite a step down. Hope she does well there.

Reaction Score
We need the room. I just hope it's not TWare. I watched more of her highlights. Kim Mulkey can really make her into a great player. May take a year or two though.

Reaction Score
We need the room. I just hope it's not TWare. I watched more of her highlights. Kim Mulkey can really make her into a great player. May take a year or two though.
T Ware is on board supposedly, Savannah Dews is the rumored name to be thinking things over.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wow, was @SECbbfan24 absolutely correct on what Nikki was recruiting- think about it, the young lady goes from an SEC scholarship offer to UMKC? If that does not tell you all you need to know about why Fargas had to go nothing will.

Reaction Score
Wow, was @SECbbfan24 absolutely correct on what Nikki was recruiting- think about it, the young lady goes from an SEC scholarship offer to UMKC? If that does not tell you all you need to know about why Fargas had to go nothing will.
Yup. Teams like Florida, Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss seemed to grab elite talent. Fargas didn't. To say she won some big games with the talent she recruited, says her coaching was okay. Besides the lack of offense of course lol. But I'm glad she and LSU moved forward

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So...does she have greater than a .500 record overall this year? Does she come close to .500 in conference play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom