LSU Basketball 21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kannon looks excited to be a tiger
Ez6JmXMVgAk2IZY

Ez6JmXOVEAEnz_4

Reaction Score
Coach O and Kim conversation was definitely as I expected lol. True Louisiana blood

Reaction Score
You’d also have to imagine that Baylor would block any transfers to LSU for any players hoping to follow Kim.

Reaction Score
I don't think you can block transfers...
You used to be able to, but NCAA apparently ended the practice in 2019 per the Googles. Anything pre-Covid exists in a perpetual haze for me.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If we see transfers from the current Baylor players, it will depend on how much they valued Baylor as a school vs how much they valued Kim. And if they believe in the replacement coach. If I was a player, I wouldn't make any rushed decision until I knew the next coach.

The older players, going into their senior seasons, may want to wrap up at their longtime school. Some of the younger players, say rising sophomores, may want to transfer to play for a coach they now believe in for the next 3 years. They only have one incoming freshman, not sure what her options are. Their only other high school recruit has re-opened their recruitment.
You stole my thunder. I was going to suggest that. At least wait until a replacement head coach has been named, and you have a one-on-one with her/him, then decide. There's no hurry. Plenty of time before a decision has to be made. It will be interesting to follow both programs this year. Watching to see if Baylor can maintain their top 6 ranking, and see how far Kim can turn LSU around. I'm interested to see who she brings in via transfer.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I daresay purple becomes her.

Reaction Score
Really outside of Smith, Lewis, and Egbo, the Baylor roster was a little short on talent, the talent in Texas doesn’t appear that strong in the 2022 class, Kim has had success getting players from the SEC area.

Reaction Score
Cardoso follows both LSU basketball programs

yes I know it’s probably a pipe dream but someone noticed it

Reaction Score
Cardoso follows both LSU basketball programs

yes I know it’s probably a pipe dream but someone noticed it
Cardoso isn’t that active on social media, going to high school in Tennessee, I would think it’s normal that she would be following a lot of SEC schools, if someone can point out when she started following some of the accounts she follows would probably mean more.

Carnac

Reaction Score
The players seem disappointed. Not sure who will follow her. But I'm with you on Calling Cardosa. Then maybe try to get some guards.
Calling Cardoso was probably the first thing she did once she decided to take the LSU offer. She needs a BIG, and had nothing to lose by checking her status (mind set) at this time. Maybe Kim can offer her a better "mouse trap" than UConn. No harm in trying. :rolleyes: Who knows, maybe Kamilla likes Cajun cuisine.

Reaction Score
Calling Cardoso was probably the first thing she did once she decided to take the LSU offer. She needs a BIG, and had nothing to lose by checking her status (mind set) at this time. Maybe Kim can offer her a better "mouse trap" than UConn. No harm in trying. :rolleyes: Who knows, maybe Kamilla likes Cajun cuisine.
If Cardoso really wants a good chance at winning a championship, UConn is the school she will pick.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

this still feels weird lol

Maybe I'm biased (as in, yes I am biased) but Kim's high-wattage and colorful personality is a far better cultural fit at LSU than Baylor.

Geaux Tigers.

Carnac

Reaction Score

this still feels weird lol

And so begins a new era in LSU WCBB. She's bring hope energy and excitement to that program. Fan attendance for home games is guaranteed to increase next season. LSU's sports marketing department will have a field day this summer and fall. It won't take Kim long to make LSU WBB relevant. With transfers from the portal and recruiting her own players, I'd say 2 years at the most. I wonder if any LSU players have entered the portal or will do so.

Carnac

Reaction Score
If Cardoso really wants a good chance at winning a championship, UConn is the school she will pick.
That's a fair statement. Odds are UConn will win a NC before LSU does. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom