LSU Basketball 21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Kannon looks excited to be a tiger

Ez6JmXOVEAEnz_4

That mascot is light in the cakes.... needs to spend some more time at the training table.

LSU, South Carolina, and Mississippi State fans make their own thread on this board lol. SEC making everything about them... lol. That tends to happen a lot so I'm not surprised.

They all get threads, but not a Duke or HPU thread to be found.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The players seem disappointed. Not sure who will follow her. But I'm with you on Calling Cardosa. Then maybe try to get some guards.
You can have Gusters transfer in, she seems to fit the physique of most of the SEC centers.

Reaction Score
N. Smith is pretty devastated by Kim leaving, would she follow her though? She is a senior, unless they are a grad transfer, its usually odd to see seniors leave.

Reaction Score
From the press conference in terms of staffing, Kim will be looking to hire 2 assistant coach (Brock and Messer aren't coming with her it seems)
Staffing that will come to LSU
-Kaylin Rice (Assistant Coach)
-Johnny Derrick (Assistant AD/Operations)
-Jennifer Roberts (Coordinator of Operations)
-Daphne Mitchell (Assistant Coordinator of Recruiting and Operations)
-Jordin Westbrook (Associate Director of Operations)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
From the press conference in terms of staffing, Kim will be looking to hire 2 assistant coach (Brock and Messer aren't coming with her it seems)

Ya never know about Brock and Messer. She said twice that her staff is NOT complete. I took it as maybe if they are vying for the Baylor job and she may get whoever gets the short straw? I dont know. We shall see.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Besides the obvious grammar, I am confused about the phrase “pickup game” conjoining with “no trainers, no workouts”? My understanding of pickup games is going down to where others are playing basketball, pick sides and start playing. If you are stating you need trainers and structured workouts, that to me, is an organized practice, albeit “loosely managed” but still organized. And yet it not only does it sound like she’s complaining, she also seems completely clueless that the major upheaval that is occurring would affect these “organized, yet loosely managed pick up games”. Seems a tad entitled and immature. Talented yes, savvy no.

Reaction Score
If she was able to lure in Cardoso, and get Smith & Lewis to follow, she would have LSU up and running this season. A very big ask, but with the portal, weirder things have happened

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Messer is interviewing for the job. I suspect she will go with Kim if she doesn't get it (Messer is a great recruiter). I'd be surprised to see Brock move to BR. He's old enough to retire and enjoy his family. He is attached at the hip with one of his grandkids, so I don't see him leaving.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I’ll bet at this writing, Kim already has her staff. Remember she told her son she was leaving a week before she made the announcement. She knew who she wanted and no doubt got commitments from them soon thereafter.

Their first order of business will be to fill out their roster. Find out who’s leaving, who’s staying, and what holes they need to fill. Looking at their 20-21 roster, unless their senior post player comes back for a 5th season, their tallest player will be 6-2. That’s why Cardoso looks so attractive to them. She’s in the portal, and they desperately need some height. I think it’s fair to say she‘d be a starter game 1.

Cardoso can certainly take her time in making her final decision, but if her choice is between 2 programs, one wonders what’s the delay. The difference between the two is like night and day. Nothing is going to change in the next 60-90 days unless Auburn gets more players via the portal. I don’t think UConn will be getting any. They‘re holding steady at 14.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She's get more money for making the first round of the NCAA than being National Coach of the Year?

Incentives deals are messed up sometimes.

Reaction Score
She's get more money for making the first round of the NCAA than being National Coach of the Year?

Incentives deals are messed up sometimes.
Kinda makes sense being she won't win COY every year compared to tournament appearances.

Reaction Score
Kinda makes sense being she won't win COY every year compared to tournament appearances.

You'd think the more rare accomplishment would pay out more. I don't think there has to be a cap on incentives.

But let's drop it. I've already had two random thoughts devolve into nonsense this week. It's not important.

Reaction Score
You'd think the more rare accomplishment would pay out more. I don't think there has to be a cap on incentives.

But let's drop it. I've already had two random thoughts devolve into nonsense this week. It's not important.
Nah you make a good point. Lol.

Reaction Score
If she was able to lure in Cardoso, and get Smith & Lewis to follow, she would have LSU up and running this season. A very big ask, but with the portal, weirder things have happened
I guess this can change but Smith seems like she is staying at Baylor based off her social media rambling but whoever the new coach is could certainly impact the current members decisions.

Who besides Cardoso and Mikesell are left in the portal that are big names? A lot of the good ones got snatched up already

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I guess this can change but Smith seems like she is staying at Baylor based off her social media rambling but whoever the new coach is could certainly impact the current members decisions.

Who besides Cardoso and Mikesell are left in the portal that are big names? A lot of the good ones got snatched up already
Isn’t Nancy Mulkey still available?

That’s both a “big” and a “name” :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Besides the obvious grammar, I am confused about the phrase “pickup game” conjoining with “no trainers, no workouts”? My understanding of pickup games is going down to where others are playing basketball, pick sides and start playing. If you are stating you need trainers and structured workouts, that to me, is an organized practice, albeit “loosely managed” but still organized. And yet it not only does it sound like she’s complaining, she also seems completely clueless that the major upheaval that is occurring would affect these “organized, yet loosely managed pick up games”. Seems a tad entitled and immature. Talented yes, savvy no.
Could play pick-up games AND have a trainer, structured work outs, no?
Don't see how you go from her Nylassa's post to "clueless....entitled...immature" She's wanting to work on her game, not finding local opportunities.
Finally, grammar is not delivered from God. You have yours, shared with your crowd, Nylassa has hers. No need for cultural elitism.

We could make everyone welcome. How does your post read to folks of her age and culture?

Peace -
Wilderness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member