LSU Basketball 21-22 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

LSU Basketball 21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watching the 2008 tournament game vs Tenn. on YouTube. Wow. What a match! White, Chaney, Leblanc, Thomas, and Fowles vs Bobbitt, Auguste, Hornbuckle, Parker, and Anosike. Very entertaining

Reaction Score
Watching the 2008 tournament game vs Tenn. on YouTube. Wow. What a match! White, Chaney, Leblanc, Thomas, and Fowles vs Bobbitt, Auguste, Hornbuckle, Parker, and Anosike. Very entertaining
That was a heartbreaker.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Skilz has been really hurt by Kim leaving Baylor.
Just a little, honestly. My loyalty is to KM, and not Baylor. I'm actually a born and raised Louisiana girl!

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Is that you Kim? ;)
When are you announcing the hires? Who is coming in for visits this summer?
Ha! If you knew Kim, you'd realize she doesn't do social media. One of her assistants does it for her. Also...she's pretty quiet about her recruits & hires. She normally waits until a certain time frame arrives before announcing anything (stars need to align correctly for her). Are you local to BR?

Reaction Score
Ha! If you knew Kim, you'd realize she doesn't do social media. One of her assistants does it for her. Also...she's pretty quiet about her recruits & hires. She normally waits until a certain time frame arrives before announcing anything (stars need to align correctly for her). Are you local to BR?
I’m joking yes Kim has never been a big social media person. She always seemed close to the vest with her recruiting although as a fan it makes you anxious because you do want to know.

I’m from Mandeville actually, not local to BR but up there all the time

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
I’m joking yes Kim has never been a big social media person. She always seemed close to the vest with her recruiting although as a fan it makes you anxious because you do want to know.

I’m from Mandeville actually, not local to BR but up there all the time
Born NOLA. Raised in Chalmette. Lived in Mandeville during Katrina; in Texas since. Husband is from Metairie.

Reaction Score
Okay Pointer, Moon, ?(Cherry), ?(Newby, Petty), Faustine

Payne
Gusters
Shemasti
Ware,
Hall,
McNeil,
Newby or Petty.

I like this group for Kim's first year.

Reaction Score
The 4 and 3 is where the competition will be. Pointer, Moon and Aifuwa are locks IMO

I like Newby although a little skeptical of her offensively but she is experienced but maybe they can develop her

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The 4 and 3 is where the competition will be. Pointer, Moon and Aifuwa are locks IMO

I like Newby although a little skeptical of her offensively but she is experienced but maybe they can develop her
So what is your prediction for a starting five/rotation? Do y’all expect any more before the season?

Reaction Score
So what is your prediction for a starting five/rotation? Do y’all expect any more before the season?
Not sure where to begin.

I think its a given Pointer will be the PG, Moon will be the SG, and Aifuwa will be given the nod at center but Gusters will play a lot as well.

They have two spots which will have a lot of competition. I think Shematsi may be a strong candidate at the 3 given her size and ability to hit the 3 ball, but also is athletic. As for the 4 position, Newby and Petty will likely battle it out.

Right now I have Pointer, Moon, Shematsi, Petty and Aifuwa as the starting 5. I think Grace Hall and T. Ware will challenge for time as freshmen but Kim traditionally isn't someone who relies heavily on freshmen.

Grace Hall supposedly is legit, but she had her share of injuries. Heavily recruited by Michigan, Kentucky, Iowa, and Georgia.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Not sure where to begin.

I think its a given Pointer will be the PG, Moon will be the SG, and Aifuwa will be given the nod at center but Gusters will play a lot as well.

They have two spots which will have a lot of competition. I think Shematsi may be a strong candidate at the 3 given her size and ability to hit the 3 ball, but also is athletic. As for the 4 position, Newby and Petty will likely battle it out.

Right now I have Pointer, Moon, Shematsi, Petty and Aifuwa as the starting 5. I think Grace Hall and T. Ware will challenge for time as freshmen but Kim traditionally isn't someone who relies heavily on freshmen.

Grace Hall supposedly is legit, but she had her share of injuries. Heavily recruited by Michigan, Kentucky, Iowa, and Georgia.
I'm hoping Gusters is in better shape this year. When she played USA ball, she was lean and in great condition. She lost her conditioning her senior year in HS when she was forced to sit out. I think she will be in the rotation, but I don't see her as a started yet.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping Gusters is in better shape this year. When she played USA ball, she was lean and in great condition. She lost her conditioning her senior year in HS when she was forced to sit out. I think she will be in the rotation, but I don't see her as a started yet.
She seems to be at the court a lot locally judging by her social media. I don’t think Gusters starts until next year but she will definitely be getting a bit of time next to Aifuwa. Aifuwa is definitely a girl Kim will like. Biggest thing they have to fix is her finishing near the rim and not picking up dumb fouls.

Reaction Score
Think LSU can get top 4? Lol going to be fun watching Kim in the SEC. who would be your top 4 right now? Mines would be SC, KY, GA, LSU/TENN/ARK (can’t decide between the three). I think Kentucky and Georgia with veteran squads will be much improved and Kim will hit the ground running with her team. Nikki didn’t leave them as bare as I thought. I think Harper will continue to have success but she needs her vets to step up and the freshman to play big. I think she can do it she’s a good coach I’ve seen her live. Mike neighbors has something good going at Ark and has a talented roster for next year interested to see them put it together. Can’t wait for it to be November lol.

Reaction Score
Think LSU can get top 4? Lol going to be fun watching Kim in the SEC. who would be your top 4 right now? Mines would be SC, KY, GA, LSU/TENN/ARK (can’t decide between the three). I think Kentucky and Georgia with veteran squads will be much improved and Kim will hit the ground running with her team. Nikki didn’t leave them as bare as I thought. I think Harper will continue to have success but she needs her vets to step up and the freshman to play big. I think she can do it she’s a good coach I’ve seen her live. Mike neighbors has something good going at Ark and has a talented roster for next year interested to see them put it together. Can’t wait for it to be November lol.
Idk if we will be top 4 but if Nikkis mediocre team last year could beat Georgia (at their place) and got a win over A&M, it’s not impossible to think we can’t see dramatic improvement. Most of our losses were close games, and it came mostly due to our awful offense. Adding Moon definitely opens the door for Pointer. It really depends if Kim can get a little bit more out of the offense. If she can the team can surprise a lot of people. No we aren’t winning the SEC, but I just want to see improvement with a NCAAT win at least

I hate to sound mean but I’m not sold on Kentucky and Elzy. Maybe she proves me wrong this year.

Reaction Score
Idk if we will be top 4 but if Nikkis mediocre team last year could beat Georgia (at their place) and got a win over A&M, it’s not impossible to think we can’t see dramatic improvement. Most of our losses were close games, and it came mostly due to our awful offense. Adding Moon definitely opens the door for Pointer. It really depends if Kim can get a little bit more out of the offense. If she can the team can surprise a lot of people. No we aren’t winning the SEC, but I just want to see improvement with a NCAAT win at least

I hate to sound mean but I’m not sold on Kentucky and Elzy. Maybe she proves me wrong this year.

1. South Carolina
2. Georgia
3. Kentucky
4. Arkansas

LSU, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Miss State, Ole Miss TBD.

Reaction Score

Daniels, Goforth, Ramirez with depth in the backcourt is a great start.

Wolf plus Dauda coming in to help the front court will be the factor to watch. I think they'll stay in the top four.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Daniels, Goforth, Ramirez with depth in the backcourt is a great start.

Wolf plus Dauda coming in to help the front court will be the factor to watch. I think they'll stay in the top four.
Dauda I believe had a knee injury, so I doubt she'll play this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom