Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It’s like a 100 but dresses like it’s fall

C168036F-8EAE-4601-BEA8-079B10A7D345.jpeg

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm really interested in what Mulkey does at LSU and will support her and the team.

Mulkey says she is bringing 2 players with her (Ursin & Gusters). I guess Oliver isn't going to follow her to Baton Rouge.
A bit surprised that more aren't following her. I expected NaLyssa Smith to, at least.

Reaction Score
A bit surprised that more aren't following her. I expected NaLyssa Smith to, at least.
Idk maybe it's me. But the media pushed them to stay. Well their social media posts as well.

Reaction Score
Smith seems mad at her for leaving, she removed Kim from all her social media after the announcement.

At the same time, she is an upcoming senior who hasn't graduated yet so maybe that plays a big role in upperclassmen decisions, especially seniors (which Baylor is very heavy). It can be an issue with credits transferring when they are at the tail end up earning their degree's.

I'm just waiting for the staff to be finalized. I cannot think of a reason why Kim hasn't announced Rice yet. Idk what they are doing to do with 2022 recruiting but we seem a bit behind the ball right now on that. All the girls Kim was recruiting for at Baylor and had Baylor as a finalist, haven't heard anything yet if they are visiting LSU. I do know Sammie Wagner is visiting at some point which is great but thats 2023. I guess we will be hitting the portal hard the next two years.

Reaction Score
I'm sure I said this before, but... I really like the team she have to start off. Fargas definitely didn't leave much, but there are talent that is Kim worthy
I feel LSU wasn't as bad as their record reflected last year but their inability to manufacture points was a killer. They showed flashes at times (beating Georgia and A&M) and playing in a lot of close games but that is the key to next season's success. Adding Moon definitely dramatically helps with that.

Curious how Petty, Shematsi, Payne and the freshmen do. Didn't get to see much of the others as Fargas literally rolled out the same lineups every week with not much change. Payne and Shematsi were very intriguing to end the year but that was basically the only time they played. Shematsi really excited me with her potential shooting the 3 ball, she has a lot of range. She was a highly regarded international/JUCO prospect but it felt like Nikki had no clue how to use her.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'm sure I said this before, but... I really like the team she have to start off. Fargas definitely didn't leave much, but there are talent that is Kim worthy
Just briefly, who are the two other than Gusters and Ursin? Are they incoming frosh? Don't know anything about them.

Reaction Score
Just briefly, who are the two other than Gusters and Ursin? Are they incoming frosh? Don't know anything about them.
How could you forget Pointer? Aifuwa is no slouch either and honestly is the type of big Kim likes although I felt she didn't fully develop under Nikki. She just needs to finish better near the rim.

JMO, the talent isn't that good but we definitely didn't utilize the talent we had . Nikki had zero clue how to formulate an offense. Part of that was recruiting issues but the other thing was her system did not allow for kids to develop offensively. Kids were constantly passing up open shots. Cant develop confidence if you don't shoot or do things during a live game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
How could you forget Pointer? Aifuwa is no slouch either and honestly is the type of big Kim likes although I felt she didn't fully develop under Nikki. She just needs to finish better near the rim.
I remember Khalya Pointer and Aifuwa of course, but I was asking about the first two names listed in the tweet of recent arrivals (Logyn and Timia).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I remember Khalya Pointer and Aifuwa of course, but I was asking about the first two names listed in the tweet of recent arrivals (Logyn and Time).
Oh my bad I read your post the wrong way. both those other girls are incoming freshmen. We have 4 incoming freshmen, Grace Hall, Timia Ware, Amoura Graves and Logyn McNeil. I guess Kim was able to process the other two girls because the incoming class Nikki signed was 6 players. Grace Hall has been on campus rehabbing a knee injury and working out with some of the returning seniors.

Its not a great freshmen class but Hall and Ware were highly regarded coming out of Illinois and had pretty good offer lists.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
This is kinda sad, considering the history.

Reaction Score
This is kinda sad, considering the history.

Eh not really. She supposedly was going to retire from basketball. She was not very highly recruited coming to LSU, she was a walk on anyways. Her brother is no longer at LSU.

I wonder if the new rule about athletes making money changed her mind. Starting tomorrow they can start profiting. If the motivation is to play, then its never gonna happen at LSU despite the connections unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Eh not really. She supposedly was going to retire from basketball. She was not very highly recruited coming to LSU, she was a walk on anyways. Her brother is no longer at LSU.

I wonder if the new rule about athletes making money changed her mind. Starting tomorrow they can start profiting. If the motivation is to play, then its never gonna happen at LSU despite the connections unfortunately.
I feel for kids of very successful players that choose to play their parent’s sport. While not on the same level I’m witnessing that with someone close to me. The parent was a successful athlete. The child has even better measurements and talent but recently gave up competitive sports as the teenager decided there was other things in life to do. Best of luck to Ms ONeal.

Reaction Score
@Dwilliams02

Its been over 2 months and only one assistant has been hired. I guess we saving money this year. We gonna be behind for recruiting season for 22 class.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
@Dwilliams02

Its been over 2 months and only one assistant has been hired. I guess we saving money this year. We gonna be behind for recruiting season for 22 class.
Messer and Rice are pretty good recruiters, and there's also KM. It will be fine! Have faith in KM. You'll need to learn patience as she does things "her way."

Reaction Score
Messer and Rice are pretty good recruiters, and there's also KM. It will be fine! Have faith in KM. You'll need to learn patience as she does things "her way."
Sa'Myah Smith is scheduled to come visit. There aren't any top prospects out of LA this year so everything will have to be out of state pretty much. I actually heard good things about rice (recruiting)

Reaction Score
Were all these hires announced? I know Messer's was.

Those aren’t all the hires. Daphne was on the support staff at Baylor and Rice is an assistant although not formally announced yet. They still have one more assistant coach and ops person to hire

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
So, who is still in line to receive official visits from Sa'Myah? She had previously visited Texas Tech and Arizona. Since LSU was not one of her previous Top 5, I'm guessing someone had to have dropped out to make room for LSU.

Reaction Score
So, who is still in line to receive official visits from Sa'Myah? She had previously visited Texas Tech and Arizona. Since LSU was not one of her previous Top 5, I'm guessing someone had to have dropped out to make room for LSU.
Her top 5 was Baylor, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arizona and Texas Tech. Not sure where she is visiting next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom