• Notre Dame

Votes: 69 80.2%
  • Louisville

Votes: 17 19.8%

• Total voters

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Unsportsmanlike. For some reason that no honest person can fathom.

1547172307139.png

Rule 10, Section 13, Art. 1(c)

The contact was minimal but that was the applicable ruling.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Beat #2 by 14. Easy game.

The best part is there was not rancor or bad sportsmanship and certainly nothing for Walz to grumble about postgame.

Reaction Score
Boggles my mind why these two don’t play each other twice in the ACC regular season.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
And the gap between rule and application is yawning.

There's no doubt in my mind that Dunham was intentionally fouling Turner so as to put ND's worst free throw shooter on the line. Turner went down before Dunham could actually make much contact, but the fact remains. It's a textbook example of that particular rule.

The fact that the refs often ignore that rule doesn't make the call here any less correct.

Besides, ND was up 7 with the ball with less than 30 seconds left. The only thing that call affected was the final margin of ND's victory.

Reaction Score
There's no doubt in my mind that Dunham was intentionally fouling Turner so as to put ND's worst free throw shooter on the line. Turner went down before Dunham could actually make much contact, but the fact remains. It's a textbook example of that particular rule.

LOU had fouls to give, but I wonder if Turner didn't realize it and was trying to avoid getting fouled.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

The fact that the refs often ignore that rule doesn't make the call here any less correct.

Besides, ND was up 7 with the ball with less than 30 seconds left. The only thing that call affected was the final margin of ND's victory.
Suddenly I'm living in an alternate universe. It's almost as if I haven't been watching basketball my entire life.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Suddenly I'm living in an alternate universe. It's almost as if I haven't been watching basketball my entire life.

Rules change over time. I just cited the current rule for that situation.

Reaction Score
Rules change over time. I just cited the current rule for that situation.

gee.......................the comments here are remarkably similar to those on the ND forum commenting on UConn but in reverse................:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom