Long Goodman article on the program | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Long Goodman article on the program

Reaction Score
Calipari didn't.

I'm not playing anything. I'm talking about facts.

It is just a straight out lie to say he went to one game his entire senior season.

Absolute lie.

He went to 4 games in less than a month prior to his commitment.
The article said he went to one of MAL’s games. Not Diallo’s. You’re misreading. So You aren’t talking facts lmaooo. You have no idea how many games Calipari went to. If KO saw Calipari go to 12 games KO should have been at 13. That’s how recruiting works. You have to outwork your competition. What will it take for you to believe? Where there is smoke there is fire

Reaction Score
? Based on my post KO was all lip service. He didn’t treat the job with the respect it deserved. Did he do the best he knew how? I believe that, but he’s not getting paid to do his best. He’s continuously been out worked and out coached. And now the cats out of the bag

You wrote that people who doubt the well sourced Goodman article are bozos. There are absolute LIES in there.

Personally I can't stand liars.

Reaction Score
Calipari didn't.

I'm not playing anything. I'm talking about facts.

It is just a straight out lie to say he went to one game his entire senior season.

Absolute lie.

He went to 4 games in less than a month prior to his commitment.

EDIT: not 4 games, 4 venues. Many games. Calipari, for instance, wasn't at City of Palms.

Why d you think pictures such as this exist:
Cr7-kHrWgAAV3fy.jpg

Taken in the fall of 2016.
“Diallo played 26 miles away at Putnam Science Academy, but one source close to the recruitment said that Kentucky's John Calipari went to see him as many times despite having to get on a plane to do so, and also recruiting him for about half as long. A source close to Ashton-Langford's recruitment said Ollie went to see him play just once his senior year, and that played heavily into him re-opening his recruitment.”

Use your context clues. Where does it say KO only went to one of Diallo’s games??? I’ll wait

Reaction Score
You wrote that people who doubt the well sourced Goodman article are bozos. There are absolute LIES in there.

Personally I can't stand liars.
See post above. I’ll except the apology

Reaction Score
See post above. I’ll except the apology for calling me a liar lmboo

Yep. You're right. Made a mistake there. still, go back to Twitter and look at that recruitment. People here and there were noting that Ollie was working his butt off for Diallo. Much harder than Calipari. Much much harder.

Just go back and see the media on this. We were al talking about the wasted effort. Insiders here on this board were telling despite Ollie heading to Putname multiple times, despite all the Diallo games he attended, Kentucky was in the lead. And it was Hamidou's AAU people who were letting this be known. Also Putnam coaches.

And yet Ollie had Diallo about to enroll until Calipari swoped in.

That part of the article was absolute BS.

Again, use Mal or Abu as an example, not Diallo.

Reaction Score
“Diallo played 26 miles away at Putnam Science Academy, but one source close to the recruitment said that Kentucky's John Calipari went to see him as many times despite having to get on a plane to do so, and also recruiting him for about half as long. A source close to Ashton-Langford's recruitment said Ollie went to see him play just once his senior year, and that played heavily into him re-opening his recruitment.”

Use your context clues. Where does it say KO only went to one of Diallo’s games??? I’ll wait
Upstater was arguing with you saying Goodman and others are liars based on them saying Ollie only went to one of Diallo's games. Upstater realized his reading comprehension stinks and deleted his posts instead of admitting he was wrong.

Reaction Score
While you may be right about staying away, the simple answer is just don't anything wrong in the first place.

That’s very true. At the same time I’m interested to find out how major/minor the infractions were (if any). I don’t think there are many squeaky clean programs in major college basketball.

Reaction Score
See post above. I’ll except the apology

You mean accept?

By the way--I was wrong on that fact. But the main point still stands. Ollie went to many more games than Calipari. I showed you pics of his visits to Putnam. As for what I know about Calipari, I know he wasn't at City of Palms. Ollie was.

Reaction Score
Upstater was arguing with you saying Goodman and others are liars based on them saying Ollie only went to one of Diallo's games. Upstater realized his reading comprehension stinks and deleted his posts instead of admitting he was wrong.

Uh, no. Two of my posts with the error are still up: Long Goodman article on the program.

I admitted I was wrong before your post. Unlike you I admit when I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
Yep. You're right. Made a mistake there. still, go back to Twitter and look at that recruitment. People here and there were noting that Ollie was working his butt off for Diallo. Much harder than Calipari. Much much harder.

Just go back and see the media on this. We were al talking about the wasted effort. Insiders here on this board were telling despite Ollie heading to Putname multiple times, despite all the Diallo games he attended, Kentucky was in the lead. And it was Hamidou's AAU people who were letting this be known. Also Putnam coaches.

And yet Ollie had Diallo about to enroll until Calipari swoped in.

That part of the article was absolute BS.

Again, use Mal or Abu as an example, not Diallo.
I don’t remember reading anywhere that Cal wasn’t recruiting him hard. I don’t believe that’s true. I don’t doubt KO put in some effort but if he got outworked for MAL and Abu why are you so confident he didn’t for Diallo. Maybe KO’s idea of recruiting “hard” is not the same as Cal’s. Calipari is an elite recruiter because he knows how to make every recruit he recruits feel they are super important. KO can learn from that. KO has been recruiting Hami since he was a sophomore. So, the fact that Calipari attended just as many games as KO(which I believe, you don’t have to) is embarrassing. KO’s attendance at Hami’s games should dwarf Cal’s. It shouldn’t be a discussion

Reaction Score
You mean accept?

By the way--I was wrong on that fact. But the main point still stands. Ollie went to many more games than Calipari. I showed you pics of his visits to Putnam. As for what I know about Calipari, I know he wasn't at City of Palms. Ollie was.
Yes accept lmbooo, I only have a HS diploma haha. But you keep referencing 2 occasions where KO was there and Cal wasn’t. That proves nothing in the grand scheme of the situation

Reaction Score
I don’t remember reading anywhere tho Cal wasn’t recruiting him hard. I don’t believe that’s true. I don’t doubt KO put in some effort but if he got outworked for MAL and Abu why are you so confident he didn’t for Diallo. Maybe KO’s idea of recruiting “hard” is not the same as Cal’s. Calipari is an elite recruiter because he knows how to make every recruit he recruits feel they are super important. KO can learn from that. KO has been recruiting Hami since he was a sophomore. So, the fact that Calipari attended just as many games as KO(which I believe, you don’t have to) is embarrassing

Simple. There is a trail of evidence that he was all over Diallo. He went to his games all over the country despite the fact that Putnam is a short drive. He went to Putnam. He was with him on UConn's campus during his visits, had long talks with him in the stands after games.

Abu is a totally different story. Abu's parents said, "Coach Ollie hasn't spoken to us in many months." UConn stopped recruiting Abu. As for MAL, he signed a letter f intent, and they stopped keeping tabs on him. Not the only HC to do that.

Calipari did not go through nearly the effort that Ollie did. This much is so easy to prove. I don't even follow recruiting like some of you. I just read this board and did a search on twitter.

Reaction Score
Yes accept lmbooo, I only have a HS diploma haha. But you keep referencing 2 occasions where KO was there and Cal wasn’t. That proves nothing in the grand scheme of the situation

4 occasions in one month, even far away in Florida.
Multiple trips to Putnam.
Saw the kid on UConn's campus all the time.

Cal did not put as much work in.

In fact, people here were complaining that Ollie was putting so much work with the kid, putting all his marbles on the kid and not recruiting others! And those same posters said he was ticketed for Kentucky (they were right).

At the last second, Ollie had Diallo about to enroll at UConn (in fact, it was reported on this board by insiders that he was already in).

Reaction Score
Simple. There is a trail of evidence that he was all over Diallo. He went to his games all over the country despite the fact that Putnam is a short drive. He went to Putnam. He was with him on UConn's campus during his visits, had long talks with him in the stands after games.

Abu is a totally different story. Abu's parents said, "Coach Ollie hasn't spoken to us in many months." UConn stopped recruiting Abu. As for MAL, he signed a letter f intent, and they stopped keeping tabs on him. Not the only HC to do that.

Calipari did not go through nearly the effort that Ollie did. This much is so easy to prove. I don't even follow recruiting like some of you. I just read this board and did a search on twitter.
But there is no evidence the he outworked Cal. Cal came in late and worked his tail off to land a commitment. It’s what separates good recruiters from great ones. Great recruiters are relentless and engaging. Ollie doesn’t give me that vibe as a recruiter. Again I’m not denying KO tried, I’m simply saying his idea of “recruiting hard” is not the same as Cal’s.

Reaction Score
Word is Vance Sr. is the one who dimed on Ollie.

Just great....

I wonder where Goodman got that "plan" stuff from. Sounds like the type of thing Sr. would say. How are you going to feature my son?" "What's the plan?"

Reaction Score
4 occasions in one month, even far away in Florida.
Multiple trips to Putnam.
Saw the kid on UConn's campus all the time.

Cal did not put as much work in.

In fact, people here were complaining that Ollie was putting so much work with the kid, putting all his marbles on the kid and not recruiting others! And those same posters said he was ticketed for Kentucky (they were right).

At the last second, Ollie had Diallo about to enroll at UConn (in fact, it was reported on this board by insiders that he was already in).
I heard the same in regards to Diallo committing. I had a friend that had a friend lol. But Diallo being on campus had nothing to do with KO, or his effort. Hami liked partying and hanging out on a college campus lol. KO put in a lot of early ground work. But Cal still out hustled him in the end. Why did KO even let Hami on the plane to Lexington? I guarantee you if the roles were reversed Cal would not have allowed Hami to even get to Storrs

Reaction Score
But there is no evidence the he outworked Cal. Cal came in late and worked his tail off to land a commitment. It’s what separates good recruiters from great ones. Great recruiters are relentless and engaging. Ollie doesn’t give me that vibe as a recruiter. Again I’m not denying KO tried, I’m simply saying his idea of “recruiting hard” is not the same as Cal’s.

There is evidence. That is what I'm telling you. This isn't a mystery. The evidence is all over.

As for Calipari, he is Kentucky and Kentucky is Calipari.

Are you telling me this guy needs to outwork anyone to get a commit?

It's irrelevant how or why Kentucky beats UConn to a commit. Wenyen Gabriel played footsie with UConn for a year. Kentucky merely sniffed his way and he was a wildcat.

My initial post is that Ollie may well be derelict in his recruiting, but whoever Goodman was talking to in regards to Diallo had an agenda to twist things. I even said in my initial post that it was unnecessary if you wanted Ollie gone.

Reaction Score
I heard the same in regards to Diallo committing. I had a friend that had a friend lol. But Diallo being on campus had nothing to do with KO, or his effort. Hami liked partying and hanging out on a college campus lol. KO put in a lot of early ground work. But Cal still put hustled him in the end. Why did KO even let Hami on the plane to Lexington? I guarantee you if the roles were reversed Cal would not have allowed Hami to even get to Storrs

Would Cal have kidnapped him? What does that even mean?

Reaction Score
Which pretty much implies that he doesn't even want to be the HC of a MCBB program. Given all I've heard and read over the past year, that sounds about right.

Should have been an NBA assistant all along.

Reaction Score
Just great....

I wonder where Goodman got that "plan" stuff from. Sounds like the type of thing Sr. would say. How are you going to feature my son?" "What's the plan?"
Those quotes could certainly be from Vance Sr. When Zionn referred to Sr. as the "gift that keeps on giving" he was talking about Sr. dropping a dime on Ollie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom