Long Goodman article on the program | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Long Goodman article on the program

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Except for the part about Jalen's buzzer beater, anyway. We were into the tourney that year regardless.

There's a couple of points that get used on here to bolster opinions--points which I think are flat out false--that caused a lot of the disagreements over the past couple of years. Things like, "we weren't in the tournament", the 2014 team coached itself, they only won because of Calhoun's players, etc etc.

If those hadn't been used as some sort of 'proof' of his ineptitude, there might have been more acceptance of Ollie's actual faults.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If any part of Ollie’s lack of effort and urgency stems from winning a championship or past championships I might just light Storrs on fire. Same lazy ass complacency that the AD had under Hathaway. “Look at all the shiny things we don’t have to worry while the world burns”

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
All the quotes are he said and she said. How do we know any of that is true. We don't know people's motivations to say certain things. Maybe they are butt hurt and bitter. Who knows. The human race is so gullible. Quick to believe anything that resembles their tendencies. I want nothing more than the whole thing to blow up in UCONN'S face if they fire KO. People act like they know everything when in reality we know nothing about the future consequences of a decision. Just let the man do his job. If anything give him a steep pay cut with performance based bonuses.

Reaction Score
No, I argued that you should stop being a whiny bitch and that your open mid-season campaigning against Ollie and recruiting of other coaches to replace him was distasteful and potentially more harmful to the program. Most thinking people agreed that firing him mid-season was/is a terrible idea, yet you wanted him fired in December and you vowed not to post again until he was gone. I care about what is right for institution, not who was the first one to want to bury one of our own.

But that's exactly what you do. You do the same thing with Eli and the Giants. You want so desperately to be recognized as "right," yet you so often are not. See, e.g., 2016 your election "bet." Now you keep dropping vague scurrilous references to bad deeds, smh.

Funny to have the guy who vowed to not even be here now tell me to "get the farck out of here."

That's our littlejohn!
I've never once wanted Ollie fired in the middle of the season. There are some other fools who wanted Chillious as interim. Chillious couldn't even coach when he was at South Kent. The plan has always been to fire Ollie in the offseason and hire Dan Hurley.

This is hilarious, you're seriously going to try and pretend you're a guy who recognized Ollie needs to be gone. You and the old smelly hippy have been two of the biggest Ollie sycophants out there. At least create a more entertaining shtick like Strawmaster came up with.

Eli and the Giants? I've always been an Eli fan, he's just wildly overrated by many Giants fans.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Can someone point to something in the article that’s new? If you were paying attention?

That Vance actually wanted to stay? Damn near everyone, including the most 'connected', said it was a result of his father (and him) wanting to be the focal point of the offense, or thinking he's better than he is, or whatever...

It's probably the exact same reason Enoch and Durham left. Enoch especially. Might have even thought, "man, I've been here two years and I still stink". Most posters were of the opinion that he thought he was better than he is. Good for him for wanting better for himself.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Jackson had to leave, the coaching staff didn't respect him. Why stay where you aren't wanted?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've never once wanted Ollie fired in the middle of the season.
Well thank God for the interwebz! I mean, it's not like you're a proven liar or anything. Wait, you're right; November 29th was still early season, wasn't it?

If you care about Uconn basketball you cannot accept this, let the people who run this school know the coach needs to be fired.

I'll be back once Ollie is no longer our coach.

#poorliarjohn

Reaction Score
RE Diallo/Ashton-Langford:
Sources with direct knowledge of both recruitments said Ollie's lack of effort cost him in both cases.

That about wraps this one up folks.

Also very happy to see this thrown in:

RE: Ollie's buyout
One source told ESPN there is a chance that the two sides could also come to an agreement after the season, with Ollie walking away with a portion of the money.
This quote is the death nail. It’s one thing to work as hard as you can and lose, it’s another to be negligent. And many fans have seen a change in KO, his demeanor, his passion, and there was a lot of speculation about his effort and desire... out hustled by the squid in our own back yard.

Reaction Score
Well thank God for the interwebz! I mean, it's not like you're a proven liar or anything.

#poorliarjohn
Quote the whole message or link the threads, you hump. This was discussed ad nauseam in multiple threads. I never advocated a midseason firing and I never said I wouldn't watch anymore games. Said over and over I haven't missed a game I could watch in the past 30 years and that Ollie needs to be fired and Hurley needs to be the new coach. Back channels have been worked but no serious discussions until the season is over.

This is great, now Statler and Waldorf are going to pretend they always thought Ollie should be fired.

Reaction Score
Someone said lazy. Lazy is often a symptom of depression. If that is an issue for him, I feel for the guy, I really do. And I hope he gets help. No one should suffer through that.

I was skeptical when he was hired. But I trusted Calhoun. And the first season had some nice moments. And the second season had a great ending. I was sold. But then it slowly degraded and it is clear this is unrecoverable. It is about performance.
Depression is a terrible affliction, but there are 3 million reasons why he needs to snap out of it.

Reaction Score
The really scary thing is how lazy Ollie got on the recruiting trail and what he may have done to make up for that.
So when JC was recruiting, do we think HE(rather than his assistants)was going to see the kids play.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Vance will be the gift that keeps giving....Sr that is.....

What do you mean? I think I'm reading in between the lines, but not sure.

I get why you are vague, given the reception some of your posts receive. You may not like that I call you the Angel of Death, but that's actually a tip of the cap--plus the graphic I gave you is awesome. Wish you posted more.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Quote the whole message or link the threads, you hump. This was discussed ad nauseam in multiple threads. I never advocated a midseason firing and I never said I wouldn't watch anymore games. Said over and over I haven't missed a game I could watch in the past 30 years and that Ollie needs to be fired and Hurley needs to be the new coach. Back channels have been worked but no serious discussions until the season is over.

This is great, now Statler and Waldorf are going to pretend they always thought Ollie should be fired.
You did however stare quite clearly that you would return once Ollie was fired. It is difficult to take that out of context yet Ollie is still the coach are you are still posting. What exactly is it that 8893 is missing when claiming that you lied and using that quote as evidence?

Reaction Score
If any part of Ollie’s lack of effort and urgency stems from winning a championship or past championships I might just light Storrs on fire. Same lazy ass complacency that the AD had under Hathaway. “Look at all the shiny things we don’t have to worry while the world burns”
I think it has more to do with his divorce, but I guess we will never know.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You're absolutely right. He didn't quote the BY. Instead, he uses the same tactic the "Fire Ollie" crowd here uses. He quotes nothing but anonymous sources, third person hearsay, and unsubstantiated innuendo to support his narrative. Nothing in that article can be proven or disproven relating to comments from anonymous sources. I've yet to see one factual quote on the record from anyone in a position to really know what they're talking about, here or anywhere else. It's a garbage piece of 'journalism'.

That said, I have stated I'll be in favor of moving on at the end of this season if things don't dramatically improve by then. If half the stuff in the article about Ollie is true, it's time to do something about it when this season ends, if we remain on the same trajectory. Whether the AD can find a way to swing it financially is another matter.

People close to the program probably want to keep their access, or if employed, their jobs. You aren't winning any friends or engendering trust by stamping your name to a comment outing inner sanctum information. Former players obviously don't want to be the guy pointing the finger either, I'm sure they all have a good relationship with KO.

These people are all speaking, because they are gravely concerned about the state of things. Nobody wants this.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What do you mean? I think I'm reading in between the lines, but not sure.

I get why you are vague, given the reception some of your posts receive. You may not like that I call you the Angel of Death, but that's actually a tip of the cap--plus the graphic I gave you is awesome. Wish you posted more.
There are rumors that Sr. blew the whistle on KO/the program.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Lazy is the wrong word. Disinterested is more apt.

He’s a very wealthy guy who has retired from his first profession. His current profession pays very well, but requires some menial labor that he doesn’t seem to like doing. (I’d be worse. I’d sit in the office and watch YouTube videos and price Bentleys all day.)

As a result, the talent isn’t here, the development doesn’t happen and the team is generally unprepared.

Fake it ‘til you make it replaced ten toes in a long time ago. With the genie out of the bottle now, it’s basically over.

Reaction Score
You did however stare quite clearly that you would return once Ollie was fired. It is difficult to take that out of context yet Ollie is still the coach are you are still posting. What exactly is it that 8893 is missing when claiming that you lied and using that quote as evidence?
And in the sentence before I said I won't be posting as much because it angers me too much. Two contradictory sentences back to back in the heat of another dreadful performance. I've wasted too much time explaining myself in other threads about this one post. Statler turned it into, "I'll never watch anymore UConn games" and now Waldorf has turned it into a midseason firing.

For the thousandth time I always thought Ollie should be fired at the end of the season with Hurley replacing him and I never skip UConn men's basketball games.

Reaction Score
If sr. blew the whistle then he is an enormous POS and both him and his son are complicit in any wrong doing.
That's not what you should care about. What you should care about is what it says about our head coach and what damage it will do to our program.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
KO seemed interested in the first 2 years and after winning the NC thanks to Bazz, Boat, etc, he thought he didn't have to work as hard as the glaring reviews got to his head. Then he began to slack, and things started to go down hill. Now its going to be tough to recover for him unfortunately.

A mutual agreement between KO and the AD at season's end is probably the best thing if a miracle doesn't happen in the next month.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom