Long Goodman article on the program | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Long Goodman article on the program

C

Chief00

Miller was gone in 3/17....three of the class were signed after....one in may and two in september (if my memory is correct)....how is that on Miller

I would assume that Chill had to close the deal on those targeted by Miller or look else where...do we know these were the guys Miller was hoping to bring here or did they all lose interest and Chill and Ollie began fresh

Are you serious? If the pre Chill staff had done their jobs - there would have been no need to recruit after 3/17. And ultimately Chill did get our best recruit - Sid Wilson but he has to sit a year.

Reaction Score
Glen can’t have it both ways - spoon feed reporters how recruits loved him - then disassociate himself from results.
ChiefCertified#
Just as a matter of basic logic, those two comments can actually coexist. As the main guy from the staff (including the head coach) who was actually recruiting, he absolutely had the best relationship with the recruits. By far. And most of the players as well. That doesn’t mean he was responsible for who UConn recruited. He didnt get to decide that. The head coach did. Just like the head coach has answers for everything else UConn does. They may not be the right answers, but if you truly know anything about the staff under KO, you know that he doesn’t solicit anything from his assistants. Their opinions haven’t been very welcome for years. And it’s led to each of the new assistants confiding pretty soon after arriving in Storrs that they’d made a mistake. So certify that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Chief is a Miller wannabe. Miller's still in the game. Chief is on a message board assassinating his character. Enough, Chief.

Reaction Score
Just as a matter of basic logic, those two comments can actually coexist. As the main guy from the staff (including the head coach) who was actually recruiting, he absolutely had the best relationship with the recruits. By far. And most of the players as well. That doesn’t mean he was responsible for who UConn recruited. He didnt get to decide that. The head coach did. Just like the head coach has answers for everything else UConn does. They may not be the right answers, but if you truly know anything about the staff under KO, you know that he doesn’t solicit anything from his assistants. Their opinions haven’t been very welcome for years. And it’s led to each of the new assistants confiding pretty soon after arriving in Storrs that they’d made a mistake. So certify that.
I've been observing Ricky Moore during games and such. Hard to tell how he is doing. I have always respected him since he enrolled here, but wonder sometimes how he feels he fits on this staff. Just want to see him do well. I was hearing good things a couple of years ago about his recruiting connections, Gilbert and others I think, and there was talk about how he was one of the hottest young rising coaches in the game, after the championship, but I have not heard much since.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well the consensus is either that

A.) Kevin Ollie is a bad recruiter - which I think would indicative of the kind of talent they've brought in the door the last few years

Or

B.) Kevin Ollie hates recruiting to a fault - which he's outwardly said in the past and according to A LOT of people in the know, say is true. And then there's him just not liking it because its such a dirty business right now.

Either way you carve the meat, it's not good. And even though his intentions are clearly honest with B, the results haven't been good and they're under investigation.

To that point though - there's still enough talent on the team to be better than they are and even considering UConn's recruiting class a 'normal situation' is delusional. This team was literally duct taped together and the roster construction is awful because this was truly, honeslty probably the best they could do given the circumstances.

I for one think Ollie has been proven to be a bad coach, but there's no questioning his luck and circumstances haven't helped him along at all. Both can be - and probably are - true.

Reaction Score
Glen can’t have it both ways - spoon feed reporters how recruits loved him - then disassociate himself from results.
ChiefCertified#

Goodman told you Miller spoon fed him.......that is just ChiefBScertified#.........just like your postings after he got fired

there is no reason to believe with all the comments regarding Miller from former players, former commits and local coaches that they liked him to assume Miller spoon fed anyone. The problem is not Miller. The problem is with Ollie.

If Ollie felt he needed someone other than Miller, that was his choice. Blaming Miller for Ollie's failures and shortcomings is wrong.

You cannot have it both ways.

Ollie lost Diallo and MAL........apparently he got out hustled with Diallo and forgot about MAL

Chill lost Wilson to St. Johns......that is why he is sitting a year.....glad he got him on the rebound for UCONN...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom