Long Goodman article on the program | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Long Goodman article on the program

Reaction Score
Like it or not, KO is here next yr. Did anyone read the editorial from the Courant yesterday. Does anyone think UC got 15 million extra to release Ollie and hire a new coach who will command 3 mil/yr. Got luck with that. PSH is very sensitive to the goings on in the statehouse. If the next assembly cut UCONN health by $15mil- we r done. The best scenario is still to retain Ollie and hope the team improve with a bunch of new players.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
No different than 8893, Auggie, whtmd and a host of others. We're all just rats jumping ship according to the Ollie sycophants.

No, you’re just setting yourself up for a breakdown when the next coach doesn’t meet your standards.

Sincerely, those of us who want Ollie fired but think you guys are insane.

Reaction Score
No different than 8893, Auggie, whtmd and a host of others. We're all just rats jumping ship according to the Ollie sycophants.

it's pretty offensive to put 8893 and August in the same sentence as this guy or whtmd. even I won't go that far

Reaction Score
No different than 8893, Auggie, whtmd and a host of others. We're all just rats jumping ship ?

I dont follow your Dannyboy crush. He has been link to 3 bigger programs in Rutgers, St Johnson n Georgetown n never pull the trigger. Why is that? Why does he not want to turn those programs around. is he afraid to get expose?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Enjoy your cruise with Ollie, maybe he'll give you a foot massage.
What does that even mean?

These are all statements made by you, today:
The plan has always been to fire Ollie in the offseason and hire Dan Hurley.

it's just a little annoying when you tell people a long time ago there are massive problems with the guy coaching the team and you get called all kinds of names for it, just to see those same people are now saying they knew Ollie isn't the right guy as coach.

I'm not going to dig up old posts but I originally was skeptical of the hire because I thought he was too green. I was all on board after his first two seasons which were phenomenal. He showed a lot of cracks after that and then it all started spiraling out of control. I wanted him gone last season.
I mean, that's really staking out a position there! Could you have covered any more bases? You thought he was the wrong guy, then you liked him when he won, and then you didn't like him when he didn't. He should have been gone last season, but the plan has always been to fire him at the end of this season, which is what you meant to announce with the gauntlet you threw down on November 29th.

Really???

Again, exactly the same dance you've done with Eli.

You are the very epitome of a fair weather fan; you just wrote the clinical description for the DSM-6.

If I'm ever near a foxhole, please stay away.

Reaction Score
That’s easy for them to say “there was no plan.”

If they literally said “we don’t know” or just never answered him, then they’re a bad coaching staff.

I doubt it’s that simple, and with parents like that, I have to take it with a grain of salt.

Either way, the overall situation is NOT good, chief-certified breaking news. I am not going to speculate until I have all the info but it doesn’t look great right now.
So Vance Jackson will be the watershed moment for our program? Heh! And Goodman is now a supporting scribe? I got the feeling he was looked down up for years here. Pardon my ignorance for the latter point if I’m mistaken but I thought that is what I always read about him on this board.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
it's pretty offensive to put 8893 and August in the same sentence as this guy or whtmd. even I won't go that far
My apologies to Top Dog and whtmd.

Reaction Score

Believe me, if u truly know my ID. U will be bragging to your friends

Reaction Score
A former player said this and a former coach said that = I say BS to Goodman - the guy has proven past to be a twist the truth artist
If KO is deemed to go by DB, then he goes
I don't see KO kicking and screaming but instead working with UConn on a departure that doesn't screw him or the program
I have to laugh at the thought there are plenty of folks out there who, after the 2014, were thinking he was unqualified and over his head
As far as VJ - he and his father wanted to get him closer to home, thought he deserved headliner status after a season where he was afforded more playing time then he would have dreamed when he walked in campus - all by default. He was a difficulty in practice and when sitting on the bench. That being said, I still doubt that he or his father did anything malicious towards KO or the program after they left - they are just happy to be on the West Coast.
The article has some merit but most is hearsay written, in my opinion, as ascertain. Not something beyond Goodman's past.

So Kisunas is a reach-hmmm, had offers from Boston College and Creighton. Matthews had offers from Boise State, Georgetown, Oregon State. Polley had offers from G Tech Dayton, LSU, TCU, was a Rivals 4 star. Carlton Cinci, South Carolina, Providence, Maryland. Whaley, Georgia, Memphis. Sid Wilson Fla, G Teach, Cincinnati. Let's take laziness out of the equation. Every school has 150 players on their list, and do not get most of them. All these guys were being heavily recruited. At the very least, Goodman's article was self serving.

Both of these posts are spot on.

Goodman seemed to single out Kwintin Williams, who we all knew was a project and not a centerpiece of the class. Last minute flyer. Saying he represents UConn recruiting is purposefully misleading

He also said UConn didn't get any Top 100s for 2017... notable because its failing to mention Sidney

I'm not defending Ollie but this article is just a rehash of the agenda driven BC guys article.. with hearsay thrown in from guys he probably bumps into... only difference is, its not the Super Bowl and he didn't buy Dan a beer.

Reaction Score
What does that even mean?

These are all statements made by you, today:

I mean, that's really staking out a position there! Could you have covered any more bases? You thought he was the wrong guy, then you liked him when he won, and then you didn't like him when he didn't. He should have been gone last season, but the plan has always been to fire him at the end of this season, which is what you meant to announce with the gauntlet you threw down on November 29th.

Really???

Again, exactly the same dance you've done with Eli.

You are the very epitome of a fair weather fan; you just wrote the clinical description for the DSM-6.
Now you're doing the play dumb act. The plan has been Hurley since Benedict knew it was time for Ollie to go. Holy chr*st does everything need to be spelled out for you. When I say the plan was always for Hurley I'm not talking about it being the plan all along for UConn basketball. I guess I should have explained we weren't planning on hiring Dan Hurley before we got Fred Shabel.

Reaction Score

Really? Because we're not even going at it in the best of Boneyard style. You wasted 5 minutes of your life? Did you just say that after reading a thread dedicated to a Goodman article? It's about results? Winning is about results. In this case, we're discussing who gets outworked. Why? Because the article is about Ollie getting outworked.

Reaction Score
This has been discussed before, but assuming KO gets canned, and Billy Donovan does as well, what do you guys think of going after Billy?

Louisville, Pittsburgh, Georgia, schools like that must be thinking of Donovan too.

And then there's the FBI scandal coaches: Arizona, Auburn, maybe even Michigan State with the Nassar scandal.

Reaction Score
That is not what the article implied in the Vance Jackson situation. He said he wanted to be more than a spot up shooter and KO said to get in the gym lol. If true, I would have made the same decision Vance made
You think there may be a reason Vance ended up at New Mexico?

Reaction Score
Couple of points. Vance Jackson? He seemed gone before the season ended, so I don't buy the "plan" story. Heck, in February, he tweeted that "CT was not for me". I do think he was worried about how Larrier was going to put hm back on the bench when he came back from injury. Doesn't anyone wonder why he ended up at New Mexico instead of a major program?

As for Diallo, the rumors were he was going to Kentucky, but there was hope he would still come to UConn. Many of us worried that we spent TOO much time on Diallo because we weren't hedging our bet on Diallo coming to UConn. Wasn't the loss of Diallo why Miller was fired as Miller seemed to think Diallo was in the bag? Now the story is that it was Ollie's fault? Honestly, it is hard for UConn to recruit against Kentucky. Look at what happened with Gabriel. UConn devoted a ton of time and Calipari came in and scooped him up with little effort.

I don't know if Ollie works hard or not as I am not around him. If he isn't working hard, shame on him and he has nobody to blame for UConn's problems than himself. I do believe that Benedict has a better handle on the situation than Goodman or anybody on The Boneyard, so I think Benedict needs to make a decision at the end of the season. As always, I support UConn basketball and I will watch the game tonight.

Reaction Score
Has Oz finally switched boards?
whoever he/she is, they're a KO fan, not a UConn fan. he/she does nothing but trash players that decided not to come to here and sing ollie's praises

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Both of these posts are spot on.

Goodman seemed to single out Kwintin Williams, who we all knew was a project and not a centerpiece of the class. Last minute flyer. Saying he represents UConn recruiting is purposefully misleading.
No it isn't. Healthy programs don't even take a flyer on the guy.

Reaction Score
No it isn't. Healthy programs don't even take a flyer on the guy.

That's not true. UConn has almost always done this. You can have one or two projects but you can't have 7 or 8 of them which UConn seems to have.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom