Long Goodman article on the program | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Long Goodman article on the program

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I going to state the obvious, Miller was recruiting coordinator during the years that Goodman highlighted that our recruiting was poor.
Which years?

Reaction Score
With his mass, and lack of speed, he was a stretch 4 in the best sets.

Change your tune on the Kyrie trade? Still think Crowder was the best player involved and that IT and Kyrie were a wash?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Change your tune on the Kyrie trade? Still think Crowder was the best player involved and that IT and Kyrie were a wash?

Danny knew things other teams couldn’t.

Clearly CLe was right to butch about ITs hip.

Crowder being fat and out of shape for this year was a nice touch.

Losing Bamba hurts tho.

Reaction Score
I going to state the obvious, Miller was recruiting coordinator during the years that Goodman highlighted that our recruiting was poor.

The Diallo recruitment and a few other slams were 100% Glen Miller trashing Ollie anonymously!!!!

The Vance Jackson stuff also seems like a now it all Dad and a kid who believes everything Daddy says.

Ironically after the Miller firing the Jackson camp made coments about Miller and him getting shafted.

Plenty of other bad bad stuff in the article.

Goodman went to two sources he KNEW would give him big time negative quotes. Like asking someone’ two ex wives about their former husband off record.

Reaction Score
Danny knew things other teams couldn’t.

Mainly, that Kyrie was better than the Q thought.

The Nets pick could go anywhere from #1 to #8 so that will greatly affect the analysis of the trade. But you can admit you're wrong. I know this is a random time to bring it up but your username triggers me into thinking about that trade.

C

Chief00

The Diallo recruitment and a few other slams were 100% Glen Miller trashing Ollie anonymously!!!!

The Vance Jackson stuff also seems like a now it all Dad and a kid who believes everything Daddy says.

Ironically after the Miller firing the Jackson camp made coments about Miller and him getting shafted.

Plenty of other bad bad stuff in the article.

Goodman went to two sources he KNEW would give him big time negative quotes. Like asking someone’ two ex wives about their former husband off record.

Goodman is a typical journalist, puts his anonymous sources - all with an axe to grind, in the most favorable light.

I already covered Miller - now Jackson - it wasn’t so much that there was no plan - it was more the Jackson Sr plan was to turn Jackson into a point forward or combo guard - who would create, etc. He’s just not that type of player.

the Q

Reaction Score

The Nets pick could go anywhere from #1 to #8 so that will greatly affect the analysis of the trade. But you can admit you're wrong. I know this is a random time to bring it up but your username triggers me into thinking about that trade.

I didn’t like the gamble.

I still think hey paid more ham kyries value was worth at the time of the deal.

But clearly they were right to be concerned on ITs hip. Which was a big factor in the deal coming together.

No injury there probably isn’t a deal.

the Q

Reaction Score

I underrrtaed Brad, despite thinking he’s the best basketball coach in the world not named geno.

Idk how he got kyrie to actually play defense.

the Q

Reaction Score
But he had never been close to as good as what Danny paid for him before.

Not even close.

Tremendous foresight.

Still paid way more than anyone else offered. Which I always take an issue with.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Don't think it affects the analysis of the trade much to be honest. At the time, you make the trade knowing that pick is a lottery gamble. That's your risk. Whether it becomes 1 or 8 is really irrelevant. If you didn't make the trade, they would have likely ended up with a different pick anyway.

Reaction Score
I underrrtaed Brad, despite thinking he’s the best basketball coach in the world not named geno.

Idk how he got kyrie to actually play defense.

Kyrie played defense against the Warriors. We knew he had it in him.

Reaction Score
Don't think it affects the analysis of the trade much to be honest. At the time, you make the trade knowing that pick is a lottery gamble. That's your risk. Whether it becomes 1 or 8 is really irrelevant. If you didn't make the trade, they would have likely ended up with a different pick anyway.

I think it does affect the analysis. The Nets pick was supposed to be top 3 preseason. The trade looked worse when the Nets were playing well to start the season. Now, if the Cavs get Bagley or another stud, they can save face just a tiny bit. To be fair, it is extremely clear that the C's were the enormous winners regardless. The outcome of the pick just affects whether this is an all time lopsided trade or just a big win.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
All of them.
Which years was Miller the recruiting coordinator so we can rate those classes, thanks in advance. Before KO? For KO?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You can stick it in your hat with this one, Chief. You were woofing about Enoch when he signed. And the class after that was ranked pretty highly. Miller didn’t run those guys out of town.

Reaction Score
You're absolutely right. He didn't quote the BY. Instead, he uses the same tactic the "Fire Ollie" crowd here uses. He quotes nothing but anonymous sources, third person hearsay, and unsubstantiated innuendo to support his narrative. Nothing in that article can be proven or disproven relating to comments from anonymous sources. I've yet to see one factual quote on the record from anyone in a position to really know what they're talking about, here or anywhere else. It's a garbage piece of 'journalism'.

That said, I have stated I'll be in favor of moving on at the end of this season if things don't dramatically improve by then. If half the stuff in the article about Ollie is true, it's time to do something about it when this season ends, if we remain on the same trajectory. Whether the AD can find a way to swing it financially is another matter.
I keep hearing this crap "if things don't dramatically improve then I'm in favor"... WTF!!!!!!!!!!!
At this point, just being competitive would be a dramatic improvement.

Anyone. Someone. If such a person exists. What would a 'dramatic' improvement need to be? Winning the last game of the season? Winning 2 of 3? Finishing above .500?

There are 6 games left in this season, and if we're lucky, in Ollie's career as head coach of Uconn. There is maybe 1 win left. But there are at least 3 or 4 more 20 point losses. I just don't get what people think is going to happen after 25 games into the season.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I keep hearing this crap "if things don't dramatically improve then I'm in favor"... WTF!!!!!!!!!!!
At this point, just being competitive would be a dramatic improvement.

Anyone. Someone. If such a person exists. What would a 'dramatic' improvement need to be? Winning the last game of the season? Winning 2 of 3? Finishing above .500?

There are 6 games left in this season, and if we're lucky, in Ollie's career as head coach of Uconn. There is maybe 1 win left. But there are at least 3 or 4 more 20 point losses. I just don't get what people think is going to happen after 25 games into the season.

Winning the conference tournament. We aren't officially eliminated from the NCAA tournament until the final whistle blows in an AAC tourney loss. If you began the season thinking Ollie deserved at least one more season after all the injuries that occurred last year, then that means down to the last game, whenever that is. Admittedly, it's not looking good for him right now.

Reaction Score
who cares? it doesn't change the fact that uconn basketball sucks ass and Ollie is the head ass sucker. time for him to go.

I do. As I said, plenty of reasons to fire Ollie without resorting to hatchet jobs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom