LOL Pats Fans - it never ends | Page 28 | The Boneyard

LOL Pats Fans - it never ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Just curious about something having to do with your "dynasty" - wondering the score of the last game you won vs the Giants in the Super Bowl?
C'mon, Mau. Applying the same logic to your beloved baseball team, are the Yankees not dynastic because they lost 13 World Series? :rolleyes: Just sayin'...

I know for a fact that you are smarter than that.:)

Reaction Score
This is the strained chorus sung by fans of lesser teams to describe a dynastic power.

Arrogance is being told not to do something and then doing it anyway, which basically summarizes the prior scandal that Pats were caught in, Spygate.

There is a right and a wrong way to win. As I have said before, the Pats are good enough to win without all of these shenanigans; but, continue to do so anyway. That is the wrong way to win.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Good lord, you are ridiculous. Don't put words in my mouth, bud. You can mischaracterize my position all you want, it doesn't make you right. Either your reading comprehension is awful or you're just willfully ignorant.
Reread your post. It says what it says.

Reaction Score
C'mon, Mau. Applying the same logic to your beloved baseball team, are the Yankees not dynastic because they lost 13 World Series? :rolleyes: Just sayin'...

I know for a fact that you are smarter than that.:)[/QUOTE

Point is not that 25 as I am smarter ;) and I agree they are somewhat of a dynasty but please read his reply completely to better understand is of an arrogant nature which I tend to fall victim to - a strained chorus sung by fans of lesser teams - please many of us have won and won plenty to not believe we are "lesser" by any stretch. This is completely about not admitting a flaw in the organization and not about who is the dynasty here. It's that arrogance that is annoying.

Why you would bring up the Yankees I have no idea?

Reaction Score
How long before McNally, the locker room attendant, and or Jastremski, aka The Deflator, decide to cash in and tell the whole story? My guess is that it won't be long.
Tom, the stand-up guy he is, hung them out to dry so they have no reason not to unless Tom offered them a ton of money to take the fall. Tom claimed he did not know the Deflator yet had a ton of calls with him right after the story broke, wonder what they were talking about..............

Reaction Score
Not directly responding to anything here, but it seems that all the commentary is assuming the balls in the AFCCG were deflated after the Refs signed off on them...is there real proof of that. From listening to the radio, you'd think a video surfaced of the ballboy deflating them they speak so matter of fact that this definitely happened.

Taking away any fandom, they don't appear to have compelling proof that the balls in the AFCCG were deflated. The texts (total hearsay) were not in the same time period as that game.

If I'm a QB in the NFL, I'm very attuned to how much inflation the footballs I have to throw have. If he instructed the equip mgr of what this is wouldn't surprise me. It also wouldn't surprise me if he was told or if there was an understanding to get the balls to that level. These are his tools & any good craftsman would want his tools correct.

Whether that inflation level is below 12.5 PSI is not known. If it was above that level it's a very small crime - akin to a pitcher rubbing the ball to get a better grip. If it's below this prescribed level it is a serious violation.

Just hate all the conjecture / there is a lot of stuff just being made up & then others pass it along a facts - WMD-like.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Why you would bring up the Yankees I have no idea?

All fans of dynastic franchises are arrogant. As tame as Yankee have been in recent times, they were downright insufferable from the mid 90's through early '00s. By virtue of you quoting "dynasty," your post indicates the Patriots may not be a dynasty because they lost to the Giants in between Super Bowl wins. It is still quite the dynastic feat to get to the Super Bowl 6 times in 14 years, let alone win it 4 times. Similarly, the Yankees have been to the World Series 40 times, but they are declared a dynasty despite losing 13 of them. To get more specific in my - obviously rhetorical - question, are the Stengel/Houk Era Yankees not a dynasty because of 1957,'59, and 60?

I'm sure it begs the question if I consider the Braves a dynasty by the above definition and my answer is no. As much consistent success as the Braves had in between 1991 - 2005 (14 straight division championships, World Series appearances in 91, 92, 95, 96, 99, and 01.), except for 1995, there was always a better team. Not true for the Patriots or Yankees.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
That's not true. Wells said that the League didn't take the allegations seriously. This who charade is 100% on the league. It could have blown over with a statement of, "We'll look into it." The NFL let it happen.

Then, because they went through this ridiculously overblown investigation, they had to place blame. The investigation was not independent, nor unbiased. Wells' only marching orders were, "Protect the Shield," which means no blame on the NFL or the Referees (Imagine the Integrity of the Game charges otherwise?). Obviously, the equipment managers were getting the ax, but they are small potatoes. Again, imagine if the NFL spent in excess of $1 million for a sham report only finding fault with a part time ball boy? That leaves Brady as the only party of consequence. The $1 million fine to the Patriots (ownership, GM, and coach of which were found to have zero knowledge of the goings-on) was only so the NFL could cover it's costs paid to Wells' law firm. Ironically, the Patriots make out in the deal because they get to withhold $2 million they would owe Brady for the 4 game suspension (that will never stand up. It's getting reduced to 2).

Be that as it may, had the NFL gotten out in front of it, this whole ordeal would have resulted in a small fine. Instead, they have egg on their face.

Patriot fans are the only ones I see blaming the NFL for not taking proper precautions with the balls and ball maintenance before the games.
Fact of the matter is, there was never a need to take proper precautions until now. Only the Patriots would go to such lengths to gain a competitive advantage and now force the need for pre-game ball security precautions.

Patriot fans looking for anyone else to blame but Brady or anyone on the team itself.

Reaction Score
Just like Cinncinati Reds fans who were the only fans ho felt Pete did no wrong. Patriot fans are the only fans in the world that feel Brady & the Pats did nothing wrong.
Fans are overcome with blindness when it comes to their own.

Reaction Score
Did you get this from Sharpfootballanalysis? This has already been debunked several times.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/your-guide-to-deflate-gateballghazi-related-statistical-analyses/

Someone also this morning pointed out the Patriots fumble less on the road than at Foxboro, and so far no one has said anything other than the ball guys deflate the balls for Brady, and yet we know it's the home team ball guys that are responsible for balls on the road. McNally for instanc is a part time employee, 8 games a year, and he never travels.

Reaction Score
How long before McNally, the locker room attendant, and or Jastremski, aka The Deflator, decide to cash in and tell the whole story? My guess is that it won't be long.

Somehow these schmoes went through 4 separate interviews and still didn't contradict each other. A pretty impressive performance by. Part time 12 bucks an hour ballboy. Impressive

Reaction Score
Wells report states if the ref used the logo gauge, there is no discrepancy between Patriots balls and Colts balls.

Ref said he used logo gauge.

Then the Wells people lied.

Fans are stupid and that's what Wells relies on.

Even a Wells lawyer last night said the gauges don't matter. Yet in the report, it says if the logo gauge was used initially, there is no discrepancy at all.

You guys are being lied to and it's not even hidden. It's in your face. And the only reason you refuse to acknowledge is that you're haters and that the Patriots have win too many games over too many years.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Patriot fans are the only ones I see blaming the NFL for not taking proper precautions with the balls and ball maintenance before the games.
Fact of the matter is, there was never a need to take proper precautions until now. Only the Patriots would go to such lengths to gain a competitive advantage and now force the need for pre-game ball security precautions.

Patriot fans looking for anyone else to blame but Brady or anyone on the team itself.

Were you snickering when you hit the "Post Reply" button? There is ALWAYS A NEED to take proper precaution. The question is: To what level of appropriateness can be deemed proper.

In this case, the fact of the matter is the NFL duckked themselves way back in 2006 when it gave the quarterbacks the ability to submit their own balls, without following any standardized guidelines. If air pressure was really important to the NFL, 1) They would document the air pressure before and after each game. 2) They wouldn't have let the Patriots play the first half with balls that the Referee misplaced for 10 minutes.

I'm not saying that Brady did or did not do what Wells accuses him of (and that's all this is. An accusation. A prosecution paper). I am saying that the evidence is flimsy. I am saying that the NFL and officials are also culpable. I am saying that the sole point of the investigation was to, Defend the Shield," I am saying that the report, and Wells by extension, did a pi$$-poor job of doing just that.

Reaction Score
Wells report states if the ref used the logo gauge, there is no discrepancy between Patriots balls and Colts balls.

Ref said he used logo gauge.

Then the Wells people lied.

Fans are stupid and that's what Wells relies on.

Even a Wells lawyer last night said the gauges don't matter. Yet in the report, it says if the logo gauge was used initially, there is no discrepancy at all.

You guys are being lied to and it's not even hidden. It's in your face. And the only reason you refuse to acknowledge is that you're haters and that the Patriots have win too many games over too many years.

You are really starting to tiptoe that line of being obsessed and delusional to where we should be concerned for your well being.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Just like Cinncinati Reds fans who were the only fans ho felt Pete did no wrong. Patriot fans are the only fans in the world that feel Brady & the Pats did nothing wrong.
Fans are overcome with blindness when it comes to their own.

No comparison whatsoever. There was concrete evidence that Rose bet on the Reds, far more direct than a couple of equipment guys having a conversation over text messages.

Reaction Score
You are really starting to tiptoe that line of being obsessed and delusional to where we should be concerned for your well being.

And you ignore the facts.

I have done nothing but show what the report said.

But I'm with you, I think the report is total junk as well.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
LOL Nah, he just made the mistake of actually reading the report. What we know from this thread is that it doesn't matter what the report says.

OT - Your signature quotes are hysterical.

Reaction Score
LOL Nah, he just made the mistake of actually reading the report. What we know from this thread is that it doesn't matter what the report says.

OT - Your signature quotes are hysterical.

I'm not even offering commentary anymore. I'll just quote from the report and let Deepster rip Wells a new one.

Ill let Deepster do the work for me.

Reaction Score
And you ignore the facts.

I have done nothing but show what the report said.

But I'm with you, I think the report is total junk as well.

Well, it's a fact that Tom Brady got suspended. I didn't ignore that one, did I?

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score

Can't he be both? Especially since just about everything he's pulled from "reading" the report has been wrong. I've actually read the report, and thought about countering all the false Pats fan claims, but it's just not worth it since just about everything they're saying is skewing something incorrectly. The report's not perfect, but it's damning as hell based on the preponderance standard. And I'm sleeping easy tonight.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
based on the preponderance standard.
One thing about which the Brady Bunch of fanboys seems to be particularly ill-informed is the fact that the preponderance standard is the standard that Wells was required to use.

Anyone with even the slightest inkling of the situation would understand that that's why the report uses the language that the fanboys find so objectionable. No one in their right mind would commit to language that suggests a higher standard. You only commit to satisfying the burden of proof that applies to the venue and forum in which you are proceeding.

It's a watered-down standard to match the watered-down rules--the same watered-down rules that allowed Brady to refuse to cooperate. The most laughable of upstater's parlor games is complaining that there is no direct proof, all the while defending his hero's refusal to turn over his phone or his texts.

This one fact obliterates 99% of what upstater and the other Brady minions have posted and regurgitated as gospel.

Sorry, Pats fans, but those are the rules by which your team and its players agreed to play. The "beyond a reasonable doubt" criminal standard you're implicitly urging only applies to crimes, and only in criminal courts. See, e.g., State v. Aaron Hernandez.

Reaction Score
Well, it's a fact that Tom Brady got suspended. I didn't ignore that one, did I?

The Patriots average halftime measurement matched the pressures predicted by the transient curves (with the Colts halftime measurements also matching the predicted range).

Reaction Score
This one fact obliterates 99% of what upstater and the other Brady minions have posted and regurgitated as gospel.

I never said anything about reasonable doubt or preponderance of anything. I have no idea what you are going on about.

I have done a pretty simple thing. Quoted directly from the Wells report.

You too think the Wells report is a pile of horsedung?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom