LOL Pats Fans - it never ends | Page 26 | The Boneyard

LOL Pats Fans - it never ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am not sure if the Goodell in all his wisdom thought of this scenario. But Brady could say I am retiring if you are going to pull that crap. Suddenly Goodell would have a bigger problem than he could deal with(he already does). Brady is probably the most popular player in the league. He is a God to NE fans. The rest of the country hates him. Who is more well known in the NFL right now. If he retired that is a ton of money lost by the NFL. That's less people watching games, buying tickets, buying merchandise....

Ray Rice gets 2 games for Domestic Violence on VIDEO, Brady gets 4 for what again? I know they raised it to the season after the whole video came out but we all know the nfl saw the whole video in the first place I mean come on. If they did not their incompetence is truly staggering
The NFL is so much bigger than any one player or any one team. The NFL has had a million scandals, from spousal abuse to murder and the numbers go up no matter what. Carrot top could be commissioner and the league would have record numbers, that's why I'm shocked when I hear stories that the owners love Goodell because he makes them all money. Chief could run the league and the owners would make record money, Americans are obsessed with football.

Reaction Score
I think it is sad how the only people who are really vociferous about this whole situation are people who never played QB in the NFL. All these "experts" that are able to so justly express such profound insights on the significant impact of a pound of air in a football have exactly zero experience actually making a pass. Sure Brady is the scourge of the NFL and has completely tainted the integrity of the game...and he assassinated JFK too. How does and 11lb pressure ball vs. a 12lb pressure ball help you read the opposing defense, react to blitz pressure, choose the right receiver, deliver the ball on time? It doesn't which is why you don't hear any NFL player saying this is a huge deal. How did Brady play in the second half with a 12lb ball? How did he play in the SB where the officials controlled the ball?

The people in this country make the biggest deals over the most insignificant things. Just a pathetic herd of sheep.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think it is sad how the only people who are really vociferous about this whole situation are people who never played QB in the NFL. All these "experts" that are able to so justly express such profound insights on the significant impact of a pound of air in a football have exactly zero experience actually making a pass. Sure Brady is the scourge of the NFL and has completely tainted the integrity of the game...and he assassinated JFK too.

The people in this country make the biggest deals over the most insignificant things. Just pathetic herd of sheep.

Amazing how many people must not have to live by rules in their daily lives/jobs and don't understand they have them in the NFL too. At 20M a year you should probably conform to them especially since you're a HOF performer. Also a pathetic group who would turn their back on this!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think we all know what Wells thinks and what his report tried to show: the Patriots cheated. How he phrased that general message is pretty irrelevant. We can all argue the legitimacy of the report until we're blue in the face(we have), but griping about the language seems desperate.
I'm sure you are right Johnny. It really didn't matter what the report said or didn't say. The Pats were guilty regardless, right? And if the decrease in air pressure is best explained by the impact of the field conditions, just as the report indicates, that doesn't matter because we all know that the Pats must be cheaters. Really reading and thinking about things is tiring. It is much better just decide what the results ought to be based on our rooting interest. That's simple and doesn't require a whole lot of independent thought, or really any thinking at all.

Reaction Score
Worst case scenario for Patriot haters:
"Punishment" completely backfires. Brady comes back pissed off and more focused than ever, Pats hang #5 on the league. Bellichick greatest coach of all time, undisputed. Brady greatest QB of all time, undisputed.
This is not far fetched.

Reaction Score
Amazing how many people must not have to live by rules in their daily lives/jobs and don't understand they have them in the NFL too. At 20M a year you should probably conform to them especially since you're a HOF performer. Also a pathetic group who would turn their back on this!

Then you better be checking every move every other team is making. You know for a fact that no other team is doing something to gain an advantage? Of course you because you are such an NFL expert.

And of course you yourself have never broken a rule...never exceeded the speed limit, never drove home having had one too many glasses of wine at dinner... But you are not a HOF'er so all of that does not apply.

Reaction Score
I'm sure you are right Johnny. It really didn't matter what the report said or didn't say. The Pats were guilty regardless, right? And if the decrease in air pressure is best explained by the impact of the field conditions, just as the report indicates, that doesn't matter because we all know that the Pats must be cheaters. Really reading and thinking about things is tiring. It is much better just decide what the results ought to be based on our rooting interest. That's simple and doesn't require a whole lot of independent thought, or really any thinking at all.

Good lord, you are ridiculous. Don't put words in my mouth, bud. You can mischaracterize my position all you want, it doesn't make you right. Either your reading comprehension is awful or you're just willfully ignorant.

Reaction Score

Felger slammed Kraft good today "So you are the one who voted Goodell in and publicly defended his every move, so now when the shoe is on the other foot all hell breaks lose. You could have came clean a long time ago, all you had to do was fess up and say we screwed up thats it and you move on, but you just had to make it worse for yourself." "So by all means go ahead sue the NFL and make yourself more foolish then you already look, during Superbowl week you said that Goodell owes you an apology who do you think you are." Im paraphrasing some but it was amongst those lines.

Reaction Score
And of course you yourself have never broken a rule...never exceeded the speed limit, never drove home having had one too many glasses of wine at dinner... But you are not a HOF'er so all of that does not apply.

So, are you saying, that cops shouldn't arrest and punish drunk drivers, or just Tom Brady shouldn't be punished for breaking rules?

Reaction Score
So, are you saying, that cops shouldn't arrest and punish drunk drivers, or just Tom Brady shouldn't be punished for breaking rules?

I am saying don't go judging others when we have all committed some infraction in our lives.

Reaction Score
TasteofUConn said:
Worst case scenario for Patriot haters:
"Punishment" completely backfires. Brady comes back pissed off and more focused than ever, Pats hang #5 on the league. Bellichick greatest coach of all time, undisputed. Brady greatest QB of all time, undisputed.
This is not far fetched.

Brady cannot be considered greatest qb of all time after this cheating incident. He just can't. He definitely was on his way though. Like I said in another thread, Brady becomes Gaylord Perry instead of Tom Seaver. Great player who cheated.

Reaction Score
I think it is sad how the only people who are really vociferous about this whole situation are people who never played QB in the NFL. All these "experts" that are able to so justly express such profound insights on the significant impact of a pound of air in a football have exactly zero experience actually making a pass. Sure Brady is the scourge of the NFL and has completely tainted the integrity of the game...and he assassinated JFK too. How does and 11lb pressure ball vs. a 12lb pressure ball help you read the opposing defense, react to blitz pressure, choose the right receiver, deliver the ball on time? It doesn't which is why you don't hear any NFL player saying this is a huge deal. How did Brady play in the second half with a 12lb ball? How did he play in the SB where the officials controlled the ball?

The people in this country make the biggest deals over the most insignificant things. Just a pathetic herd of sheep.
So I take it you are one those people who has no problem stealing as long as it is not "a lot".

This posts wins the "this guy clearly does not get it" award of the thread.

Reaction Score
Then you better be checking every move every other team is making. You know for a fact that no other team is doing something to gain an advantage? Of course you because you are such an NFL expert.

So because other people break rules Brady should not be punished for the rules he is caught breaking?

Man, each post of yours is more ridiculous than the last.

I have read a lot of ridiculous delusional Patriot homer excuses and defenses but this one takes the cake for stupidity.

Reaction Score
I have read a lot of ridiculous delusional Patriot homer excuses and defenses but this one takes the cake for stupidity.

Did you miss, If the Patriots are cheaters, then UConn is too defense a few pages back?

Reaction Score
So I take it you are one those people who has no problem stealing as long as it is not "a lot".

This posts wins the "this guy clearly does not get it" award of the thread.

This is my point. People equate a pound of air pressure in a football for 2 quarters to Bernie Madoff.

At any rate various schemes have been at play in the NFL for a long time http://yourteamcheats.com

Reaction Score
Brady cannot be considered greatest qb of all time after this cheating incident. He just can't. He definitely was on his way though. Like I said in another thread, Brady becomes Gaylord Perry instead of Tom Seaver. Great player who cheated.
Of course he can. Not saying he is (Montana has a good claim to it), but everyone acknowledges Jerry Rice as the greatest receiver of all time, and he admits to having used "stickum" well after it was banned.

There's "cheating" and then there cheating. If Brady did cheat here--and I just think the whole thing is shady--he "cheated" in the way Rice did, or the whole host of those who scuffed baseballs or used pine tar. No one will care in three years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
At any rate various schemes have been at play in the NFL for a long time http://yourteamcheats.com

This keeps getting posted by Pats fans. Know what I see when I look at that, punishments for almost all the infractions. Yet you guys keep posting this as some sort of reason, that the Pats shouldn't be punished.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
When you show me how the Pats were punished for doing something wrong, then a new rule came out and they were punished a second time, more severely, retroactively for the same offense, I will agree that UCONN = Pats.

Until then, stop trying to justify your Patriots by bsing some false equivalency to our Huskies.

Reaction Score
So, this morning, I just learned that Gostkowski was also investigated. Apparently there were complaints about deflated kicking balls both in the Ravens game and in the Colts game. Colts also claimed there were deflated balls in the season game at Indy. The ghost of Jim McNally must have done that. When Wells investigated, it found the kicking balls are treated differently, unpacked by the refs, new balls, and held by an NFL employee the whole time. So Gostkowski wasn't dinged.

But, here's the kicker. Gostkowski refused to give over his cell phone as well. And he received no punishment.

This puts the lie to the idea that Brady's punishment has something to do with compliance. It's all about the deflation of the balls at the AFCCG. The Wells people absolute lied that the balls were tampered with. Out and out lies. Only Peter King and Mike Florio have picked up on this so far.

Again it's just placating to ESPN pressure and Goodell being a sackless weasel just going with whichever way the wind is blowing.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
After the texts came out, I feel that the NFL was going to hit Brady for lying any maybe suspend him for a pre-season game. As the Pats equipment folks clearly were playing with the balls, I knew they would get a fine. A 4 game suspension for doing something that most other QB's do along with the loss of two draft picks feel excessive, even for a me, a rabid anti-Kraft guy. Maybe this is make-up for prior transgressions? I just can't see who/why the Pats penalize a player a team for these shenanigans more than they suspend players for domestic violence and a lot more serious crimes.

I haven't read much of this thread, so it may have been posted, but here's another oddity (which I'm blatantly copying because I'm too lazy to retype:

The league is intent to argue that Deflategate, our collective descent into sports-chatter hell, was borne from principled respect for the rules and isn’t about the ruination of a proven winner. But if you’re going to take that view, then you have to explain why a similar stink wasn’t raised, for instance, when both the Minnesota Vikings and Carolina Panthers were found to be heating their balls on the sidelines during a chilly game they played against each other last November. While almost everyone enjoys warm balls, this sort of equipment manipulation is against NFL rules, which raises the question: Why do the Vikings and Panthers have such a deep-seated disregard for fair play? Are they nihilists? They’re probably nihilists.

It’s also hard to figure—as far as integrity is concerned—why a multi-million-dollar investigation didn’t spring from the godhead of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell after the San Diego Chargers were caught applying a sticky, grip-enhancing substance to towels in 2012. Can you imagine befouling a league-approved towel in this manner? It’s almost as if the Chargers don’t even believe in society! When officials noticed the infraction, the San Diego staff tried to conceal their sticky towels, and for this the NFL fined the team $20,000, because Goodell wanted to get a real close look at the Chargers’ sticky towels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom