Logistics of Big XII Expansion: Unsportsmanlike Conduct | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Logistics of Big XII Expansion: Unsportsmanlike Conduct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't worry, I won't. The B12 doesn't sponsor any of those sports other than women's soccer. But thanks for your contribution to our board!

You're the one who says RU finishes dead last in its conference in every single sport. Last time I looked, RU played in the Big Ten, not the Big 12..... thus the facts on how RU actually finished in several sports IN ITS conference......but thanks for YOUR contribution.

Reaction Score
You're the one who says RU finishes dead last in its conference in every single sport. Last time I looked, RU played in the Big Ten, not the Big 12..... thus the facts on how RU actually finished in several sports IN ITS conference.but thanks for YOUR contribution.

So you're proud that they finished anywhere from 3rd to 7th in their league in various sports? Holy **** what a dumpster fire the Rutgers athletic department has become.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
You're the one who says RU finishes dead last in its conference in every single sport. Last time I looked, RU played in the Big Ten, not the Big 12..... thus the facts on how RU actually finished in several sports IN ITS conference.but thanks for YOUR contribution.

Well you sure did set me straight. I stand humbly corrected - RU has sported a few sturdy, world class second-to-last place finishes. Way to go!!

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2015/4/19/8413467/rutgers-big-ten-conference-realignment-2014-2015

We are talking B12 on this thread. Scram.

Reaction Score
So you're proud that they finished anywhere from 3rd to 7th in their league in various sports? Holy **** what a dumpster fire the Rutgers athletic department has become.

Not proud, just letting him know that he is absolutely wrong that RU finishes dead last in every single sport.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Dooley

Reaction Score
They also sponsor women's basketball (duh) and softball.

I don't follow WBB, but I think you've come to the wrong board to boast about a 4th place conference finish in WBB. Again, we're talking B12 on this thread. Run along.

Dooley

Reaction Score

I have been firmly corrected. I need to edit my original post...

Dooley

Reaction Score
Unlike Rutgers, we wouldn't finish second-to-last in every single sport. Would we finish in dead last in football in some seasons? Sure, but not every season. I think we could become competitive in cyclical seasons once we are acclimated. We were competitive in the Big East and I'd expect us to be competitive in the B12 more often than not. Hoops would be in the top tier of the conference every season and a legitimate national championship threat in some seasons (unlike what they have now). Every other sport would likely be regionalized (Big East, Hockey East, etc).

Fixed. Thank goodness we have that straight.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Over on Landthieves OkieLite has been supporting UConn to the B-12 pretty hard. People don't understand TV DMA's and what having UConn would do to a conference network.....

If okielite has done a complete 180, then there is hope for some of the Texas Tech and Baylor fans we've come across in the last week.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
We suffer greatly in perception not only for our own lack of history, but Boston College, Syracuse, and Pitt's futility as well. It's widely assumed to be a Northeast problem.

What only UConn fans seem to understand is that much like what happened in basketball, on a level playing ground, it's only a matter of time before we put the lack of accomplishment of those schools in stark perspective.

It's why BC, in particular, has made it a prerogative that we are never given the chance to be on a level playing ground. We're a sure thing and they know it!

Reaction Score
We suffer greatly in perception not only for our own lack of history, but Boston College, Syracuse, and Pitt's futility as well. It's widely assumed to be a Northeast problem.

What only UConn fans seem to understand is that much like what happened in basketball, on a level playing ground, it's only a matter of time before we put the lack of accomplishment of those schools in stark perspective.

It's why BC, in particular, has made it a prerogative that we are never given the chance to be on a level playing ground. We're a sure thing and they know it!
Well next year were gonna have the chance to put BC to the sword. I want a 30+ point bloodbath for the world to see.

Reaction Score
Well next year were gonna have the chance to put BC to the sword. I want a 30+ point bloodbath for the world to see.
A loss like that to UCONN may cause good ole Coach Smoke & Mirrors to head for the unemployment line...nothing would make me happier!!

Reaction Score
okielite and others from the big 12 realize that if they don't expand and get a conference network, then most of the schools will be screwed. Every school except Texas, Kansas, and Oklahoma should be 100% committed to expansion and a network. That being said, clearly Oklahoma is in favor of expansion and most likely Kansas will as well because it brings in two good rivals for them in Cincinnati and UConn and a BIG 10 invite is far from guaranteed for them.

Reaction Score
Most Big 12 schools have more in commom with Tulsa than Oklahoma as anyways. Perhaps they should add them when the all the schools that actually have value flee.

Reaction Score
Fixed. Thank goodness we have that straight.

So glad that I don't have to "scram" or "run along" as you've told other posters.....since I dared to have a different opinion than you.
Nice of you to acknowledge you know far less than you thought you did.

Dooley

Reaction Score
So glad that I don't have to "scram" or "run along" as you've told other posters.....since I dared to have a different opinion than you.

My opinion is that the Rutgers athletic department is a complete and total dumpster fire. Seeing you and your buddy, who may or may not be you with a duplicate profile, trying to defend it by citing 9th place finishes in women's table tennis only proves my point. Is your opinion of RU athletics so low that you felt a need to come to our board, create 1 or 2 profiles just to go to battle over a throw away "last place" line, and point to whatever the heck you pointed to as proof of success?

Truth is, I could not care less about Rutgers. I do not work at a cable company so your best attribute means nothing to me. When I think of Rutgers, I think of cable boxes and losses. I think you do too.

Reaction Score
Ys, I'm referring to the one in which Sandusky was witnessed by an assistant coach doing something "sexual in nature" in the shower, naked with a young boy....and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING...I mean jack squat, was done to him for it.

Instead of being reported to the police, Penn State and Joe Paterno turned a blind eye, even bringing Sandusky along to a bowl game post incident.....thus allowing Sandusky to rape several other boys in the years that followed instead of being in jail in 2001 where he belonged.

I'm talking abut those atrocities if that wasn't clear enough for you.
The fact that you make such emotional and hysterical posts about whatever happened at Penn State means it's personal to you. As a Rutgers fan you've probably always been jealous of Penn State and were probably psyched to have something like that happen to the school and knock them down a peg.

Reaction Score
If I had even an ounce of respect for Penn State as an institution after the atrocities committed there under Paterno's watch, I would be insulted by your comment.

I don't know how you Penn State people do it. Living in PA, I'm embarrassed just to be seen with a cousin when he is wearing a Penn State shirt, and he NEVER wears anything Penn State-related when he travels outside the state's borders.

Oooh burn. You really got me with that Sandusky Comment. If its any consolation don't feel too bad about your cousin. I'm sure he is equally embarrassed being in your company, and I doubt it has anything to do with what college you attended. Now run along Dave. Grown ups are trying to have a discussion about sports. Unfortunately as a Rutgers Fan this is something that you are automatically disqualified from doing.

Reaction Score
Do tell about these atrocities. You mean the one case that actually happened on campus a.k.a. the dubious shower incident for which Sandusky was acquitted of the most serious charges? I live in NYC. I've seen plenty of people wearing Penn State gear and have those magnets and paw print stickers on their car along with PSU alumni license plates.

Don't bother. Pointing fingers at Penn State is the only thing Rutgers Fans can agree on. God knows they are not capable of pointing them at the real reason they have been God Awful for 200 years.

Reaction Score
Ys, I'm referring to the one in which Sandusky was witnessed by an assistant coach doing something "sexual in nature" in the shower, naked with a young boy....and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING...I mean jack squat, was done to him for it.

Instead of being reported to the police, Penn State and Joe Paterno turned a blind eye, even bringing Sandusky along to a bowl game post incident.....thus allowing Sandusky to rape several other boys in the years that followed instead of being in jail in 2001 where he belonged.

I'm talking abut those atrocities if that wasn't clear enough for you.

You would be funny if you weren't so sad.

Reaction Score
My opinion is that the Rutgers athletic department is a complete and total dumpster fire. Seeing you and your buddy, who may or may not be you with a duplicate profile, trying to defend it by citing 9th place finishes in women's table tennis only proves my point. Is your opinion of RU athletics so low that you felt a need to come to our board, create 1 or 2 profiles just to go to battle over a throw away "last place" line, and point to whatever the heck you pointed to as proof of success?

Truth is, I could not care less about Rutgers. I do not work at a cable company so your best attribute means nothing to me. When I think of Rutgers, I think of cable boxes and losses. I think you do too.

I wasn't citing 9th place finishes, by the way. I was citing an NCAA Final 4 appearance last month, an NCA tournament bound team that finished third and was in the hunt for the Big Ten title until the final game of the season, and a currently #6 nationally ranked wresting team among others....a far cry from finishing dead last in every single sport....as you cited in your uninformed post.

Actually, when I think of Rutgers, I think a team that has beaten UCONN 2 out of every 3 times historically. I think of a team that has 4 out of 5 of ESPN's highest rated football games in the NYC DMA...and all 5 of ESPN2's highest rated games in the NYC DMA.....if you really want to know.

When I think of UCONN, I think of a football team that can't even average 29K in their stadium, gets lousy ratings in the NYC DMA, and has been a true definition a dumpster fire for the last several years.

That's what I think of.

Reaction Score
You would be funny if you weren't so sad.

And you would be sad if you and your fellow joebots weren't so damn creepy and cultish, honoring and praising a man who died in disgrace.

Reaction Score
I wasn't citing 9th place finishes, by the way. I was citing an NCAA Final 4 appearance last month, and a #6 nationally ranked wresting team that among others....a far cry from finishing dead last in every single sport....as you cited in your uninformed post.

Actually, when I think of Rutgers, I think a team that has beaten UCONN 2 out of every 3 times historically. I think of a team that has 4 out of 5 of ESPN's highest rated football games in the NYC DMA...and all 5 of ESPN2's highest rated games in the NYC DMA.....if you really want to know.

When I think of UCONN, I think of a football team that can't even average 29K in their stadium, gets lousy ratings in the NYC DMA, and has been a true definition a dumpster fire for the last several years.

That's what I think of.
When I think of Rutgers..I think of a D-1 athletic program that had 500 people at a men's basketball game...I think of a D-1 men's and women's basketball programs that play in a facility that wouldn't even qualify in the top 1/3 hs facilities in the state of NJ....I think of a D-1 athletic program that doesn't even have a stand alone indoor football practice facility....when I think of RU I think of Julie Herman, Mike Rice and a complete and utter embarrassment the athletic program is to the alumni of the school. Still want to talk now you a s s h a t ?

Reaction Score
When I think of Rutgers..I think of a D-1 athletic program that had 500 people at a men's basketball game...I think of a D-1 men's and women's basketball programs that play in a facility that wouldn't even qualify in the top 1/3 hs facilities in the state of NJ....I think of a D-1 athletic program that doesn't even have a stand alone indoor football practice facility....when I think of RU I think of Julie Herman, Mike Rice and a complete and utter embarrassment the athletic program is to the alumni of the school. Still want to talk now you a s s h a t ?

We do have a stand alone football practice facility, so that is wrong. The RAC not ranking in the top 1/3 of hs facilities is also obviously wrong.

The 500 people figure at the basketball game was proven false many times......but not surprised you wouldn't be smart enough to know that, based on the rest of the false statements you made.

An really, is there much difference than UCONN having like 4000 fans at one of your football games two years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom