Logistics of Big XII Expansion: Unsportsmanlike Conduct | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Logistics of Big XII Expansion: Unsportsmanlike Conduct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kind of like being a fan of a school who's most famous football alum is a wife beating POS, its former basketball coach made his players shoot free throws buck a** naked while having basketballs fired at them, its AD is a lying two faced sack of crap who harassed her own former players, and its former football head coach skirted the rules left and right to try to influence professors into allowing degenerates play football games. Worst of all was the poor kid who committed suicide after being harassed by Rutgers Students. So in summary all Rutgers fans approve of domestic abuse, bullying, cheating, and hate crimes. Cool.

All of that, and yet we still pale in comparison to that cesspool of a university that would rather allow little kids to be raped, then actually report the monster for fear of the damage it would cause to their program.

At least I can sleep at night. At least kids weren't sexually molested because my coach turned a blind eye. So yeah, that is pretty cool.

God is good that Paterno is rotting in Hell.

Reaction Score
What happened under Paterno's watch was horrible; but, blaming the entire university, all 46,500 some odd students, is foolish. Who do you think you are, Ted Cruz? I am a UConn fan and I live in Jersey. While I think Herman was a catastrophic AD and President Barchi has no idea how to run a D1 athletic program as he was hired specifically for the Rutgers/UMDNJ merger; I don't think everyone at Rutgers is an idiot, especially as a lot of my neighbor's kids go there and they are good kids.

And, the RAC is a dump. I went to the last UConn v. Rutgers game there with a neighbor who is a Rutgers Alumni and he says its a dump. At least Rutgers may get a basketball training facility soon; but, it does nothing to address the condition of the RAC. As for attendance, for the 2014/5 basketball season, Rutgers average home attendance was 5,770. That was good enough for 91 out of 100 listed D1 programs and dead last in the B1G - Wisconsin #5, Indiana #8, Nebraska #10, Michigan St #14, Illinois #15, Ohio St #16, Iowa #18, Maryland #25, Michigan #28, Minnesota #29, Purdue #32, Missouri #55, Penn St #56 (ouch!), Northwestern #72. That's a fact.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_basketball_RB/Reports/attend/2015.pdf

Oh, UConn, playing in a G5 conference was #37 with 10,687 per game on average.

As for football, Rutgers has a bigger football stadium than UConn and it is on campus. But, even with the newly proposed renovation to the Hale Center, Rutgers is still without an indoor, full field training center, which UConn has in the Burton/Shenkman center.

http://www.scarletknights.com/facilities/hale.html

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/facilities/burton-family-complex.html

By the way, 'MainLineDave' is an interesting name. I am not aware of any location in Jersey being called the Main Line; but, its a common nickname for an affluent collection of suburbs along US 30/Lancaster Avenue just west of Philadelphia that get its name from the old 'Main Line' of the Pennsylvania Railroad that includes such towns as Ardmore, Villanova, Radnor, Malvern, etc. Any chance you grew-up there and could not get into Penn St and went to Rutgers instead?

No chance that I'm from PA and couldn't get into Penn State. I'm from NJ and only recently moved to PA.

Nice try though.

Reaction Score
Conference expansion is about football. Period. RU trumps UCONN in every single conceivable way in football, and we are AAU.

Better fan support, better stadium, better geography, more TV viewers in the NYC DMA, you name it. Plus,we are an AAU school and you are not.

If the Big Ten had to do it all over again today, only a UCONN fan thinks UCONN would get the nod over Rutgers.

"RU trumps UCONN in every single conceivable way in football."

Can you tell me what year Rutgers won the Big East in football (hence going to a BCS Bowl)? A 10 year old FBS program made it to a top level Bowl, while the school that has been playing top-level football for decades longer never has.

Think before you post next time.

Reaction Score
mainlinedave,

I total get it. It is tough to be a Rutger's fan. Rutgers is like that rich kid born with everything that literally can't get out of his own way. I mean Rutgers is the flagship university for one of the most densely populated states in America, they are a very good academic school, they are less than 50 miles from NYC, and NJ has a ton of in-state football talent. Yet, despite an abundance of riches, Rutger's athletically is complete disaster. Rutgers is NCAA equivalent of the Cleveland Browns.

To be honest, I do not hate Rutgers. In fact I am kind of pulling for them Personally, unlike fans of BC and Syracuse, I believe a strong performer in the region helps lift all surrounding programs. The SEC understand this concept...for every kid who goes to Alabama there is another 2 who go to Auburn or LSU to play against Alabama. If Rutgers had a real program it might bring some excitement to NE football which it currently does not have. But passed history tells me Rutgers will continue to falter.

Listen, if I was a Rutgers fan, I would be tempted to go on another school board and talk smack. After 30 years of disappointment and incompetence that kinda of frustration needs to come out. But don't blame UCONN...blame your own staff. In every sporting metric UCONN exceeds Rutgers and if UCONN gets into a P5 conference UCONN will really dominate Rutgers. UCONN has always achieved more with less...that is what we do.

If the Big10 had it over to do again they likely would not invite Rutgers. Big10 is all about dignity and tradition....Rutgers has been an embarrassment on the field but, more importantly, in the newspapers. I am not saying that to be spiteful but clearly Rutgers needs to do some strong self reflection.

Now if you don't mind can we talk about UCONN on the UCONN board? Best of luck next year...

Reaction Score
All of that, and yet we still pale in comparison to that cesspool of a university that would rather allow little kids to be raped, then actually report the monster for fear of the damage it would cause to their program.

At least I can sleep at night. At least kids weren't sexually molested because my coach turned a blind eye. So yeah, that is pretty cool.

Given Rutgers' history of hiring abusive authoritative figures (Herman, Rice), you are one to talk...

Again...think before you post.

Reaction Score
Conference expansion is about football. Period. RU trumps UCONN in every single conceivable way in football, and we are AAU.

Better fan support, better stadium, better geography, more TV viewers in the NYC DMA, you name it. Plus,we are an AAU school and you are not.

If the Big Ten had to do it all over again today, only a UCONN fan thinks UCONN would get the nod over Rutgers.
Dave you give Dave's a bad name...what's it like to know RU will never win anything in any sport...there was Fencing though.

National team championships
As of July 2, 2014, Rutgers has won 1 NCAA national championship:[50]

Men's (1)

Fencing (1): 1949

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I don't agree with banning someone just for being a fan of another program (a la the syracuse forum) but these jackasses shouldn't be allowed to come here just to troll.

Seconded.

Reaction Score
I don't agree with banning someone just for being a fan of another program (a la the syracuse forum) but these jackasses shouldn't be allowed to come here just to troll.

Seconded.

Third. I'm a member of the Tennessee Lady Vols fan forum, but I'm there to discuss sports with passionate WBB fans...not to blatantly troll the opposing fanbase.

Reaction Score

Paterno is at Rutgers now?

Reaction Score
I've always held that Rutgers should just go full ahead with rebranding as the University of New Jersey. That's what it is. This business of calling the school 'Rutgers' is just an age long attempt at trying to be respectable in their geographic footprint by simple word association with the likes of Princeton, Columbia, Lehigh -----Rutgers.

It's not the same. It's the University of New Jersey. If their students, alumni, etc are really honest and proud of their state U - although I canlt imagine for what - they certainly act like there is something to be proud of - they should call it that.

We are the UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT and we're the best state public U in the northeast USA, and WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Reaction Score

Hey A s s h a t I see you came back out of your hole...funny how you never found a way to acknowledge the fact you were called to task on your completely BULLS**T statement regarding RU hoops attendance...and the fact you flat out lied about RU having a stand alone INDOOR football facility
Here are some attendance numbers to refresh your memory you :

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–14_Rutgers_Scarlet_Knights_men's_basketball_team)
The Number in ( ) is the attendance
11/25/2013*
7:30 pm Stillman College
NIT Season Tip-Off Consolation Round W 116–89 4–3
The RAC (392)
Piscataway, NJ
11/26/2013*
7:30 pm Fairleigh Dickinson
NIT Season Tip-Off Consolation Round L 72–73 4–4
The RAC (466)
Piscataway, NJ

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Dave you guys won the lottery because North Jersey has the population density of Calcutta. Congrats.

You need to face the fact that in every other conceivable measure your school is an embarrassment to the B1G. 2015 Rutgers Recap

If conference realignment were truly about football, you'd be stuck the American. Fortunately, for Rutgers, it isn't. Enjoy the fact that you got out.

God, RU fans are the most needy fan base on the internet. One would have hoped that once you got into the B1G you would not have been quite so desperate for other fans' approval. I guess it's not easy being a Rutgers fan.

Reaction Score

God you are an insufferable tool. Please continue with sucking at life.

Reaction Score
@mainlinedave I suggest that if you want to come here and run your mouth you acknowledge the attendance numbers you claimed were false. I even gave RU the benefit of the doubt and said 500. Otherwise..again..don't let the cyber door here hit you in the a** on your way out.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I give fellow UCONN fans credit. I was going to reply to Mainlinedave and decided he wasn't worth the effort. Your responses are better and much more dignified than I would have come up with. Here's to hoping the troll gets banned!

Reaction Score
Hey A s s h a t I see you came back out of your hole...funny how you never found a way to acknowledge the fact you were called to task on your completely BULLS**T statement regarding RU hoops attendance...and the fact you flat out lied about RU having a stand alone INDOOR football facility
Here are some attendance numbers to refresh your memory you :

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–14_Rutgers_Scarlet_Knights_men's_basketball_team)
The Number in ( ) is the attendance
11/25/2013*
7:30 pm Stillman College
NIT Season Tip-Off Consolation Round W 116–89 4–3
The RAC (392)
Piscataway, NJ
11/26/2013*
7:30 pm Fairleigh Dickinson
NIT Season Tip-Off Consolation Round L 72–73 4–4
The RAC (466)
Piscataway, NJ

Typical myopic Rutgers Fan. They were born on third base and go through life thinking they got a triple.

Reaction Score
amory said:

I got banned on the Rutgers forum yesterday, I kid you not, for reminding them that their dream season ended against Kansas State on an obscure winter night on the NFL network in response to them being elitist regarding Temple.

Their QB commit decommitted from RU and chose Temple, and they were dumbfounded how any sane individual would make the decision to play for a "lower tier" program like Temple.

That was all it took. We let these guys troll for days and on their own sites they will ban you for stating one fact they don't want to remember.

Reaction Score
@mainlinedave I suggest that if you want to come here and run your mouth you acknowledge the attendance numbers you claimed were false. I even gave RU the benefit of the doubt and said 500. Otherwise..again..don't let the cyber door here hit you in the a** on your way out.

Inclusion in The B1G is the only thing that Rutgers Fans can truly hold over the heads of UCONN Fans. In much the same way that BC fears your school joining The ACC, a B1G invite would be devastating to any hopes they have of ever climbing out of the cellar. God I'd love to welcome ya'll into the fold. Reading the meltdown threads would be epic.

Reaction Score
Can the programmers around here do that neat thing where if you type in something, something else comes out? Remember when that happened before?

Somebody types 'Rutgers' and it posts as 'University of New Jersey'?

Please? I don't ask for much. This would make me happy.

Reaction Score
Inclusion in The B1G is the only thing that Rutgers Fans can truly hold over the heads of UCONN Fans. In much the same way that BC fears your school joining The ACC, a B1G invite would be devastating to any hopes they have of ever climbing out of the cellar. God I'd love to welcome ya'll into the fold. Reading the meltdown threads would be epic.

If UConn gets into the B1G or the XII somehow, I am going to grab a beer from the fridge and some popcorn and spend the night enjoying the meltdown in the Syracuse board.

Reaction Score
Mr. Conehead said:
If UConn gets into the B1G or the XII somehow, I am going to grab a beer from the fridge and some popcorn and spend the night enjoying the meltdown in the Syracuse board.

That's my plan, was thinking it earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom