Logistics of Big XII Expansion: Unsportsmanlike Conduct | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Logistics of Big XII Expansion: Unsportsmanlike Conduct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We do have a stand alone football practice facility, so that is wrong. The RAC not ranking in the top 1/3 of hs facilities is also obviously wrong.

The 500 people figure at the basketball game was proven false many times.but not surprised you wouldn't be smart enough to know that, based on the rest of the false statements you made.

An really, is there much difference than UCONN having like 4000 fans at one of your football games two years ago?
I said Stand alone INDOOR FOOTBALL PRACTICE FACILITY....
As for basketball attendance..I was wrong it was less than 500 in back to back games....
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–14_Rutgers_Scarlet_Knights_men's_basketball_team)
The Number in ( ) is the attendance
11/25/2013*
7:30 pm Stillman College
NIT Season Tip-Off Consolation Round W 116–89 4–3
The RAC (392)
Piscataway, NJ
11/26/2013*
7:30 pm Fairleigh Dickinson
NIT Season Tip-Off Consolation Round L 72–73 4–4
The RAC (466)
Piscataway, NJ

The RAC is a dump..even your old AD's and your new AD agree it's a dump. You really need to learn how to read and use Google before you come here and run your mouth..

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="With the exception of Louisville, no other hoops school can say that in the same time frame.[/QUOTE]

Michigan State made the final four in both basketball and football in 2015.

Reaction Score
And you would be sad if you and your fellow joebots weren't so damn creepy and cultish, honoring and praising a man who died in disgrace.

Uh oh. I'm think you have just summoned Upstater.

Reaction Score
Seriously Mainlinedave....probably the single greatest pull of all time was Rutgers getting into the Big10.

Lets give full credit to the Rutger's administration for pulling that herculean feat off. Truth be told, your President and AD were able to recognize the changing conference landscape and position your program to be selected. But, lets be clear, Rutger's selection was in no way a measure of even moderate success in the athletic arena. In fact, Rutgers was one of the weaker D1 programs in America.

What kills UCONN fans is UCONN has earned the right to be in a P5 conference. We earned the right by investing in our athletic program and producing winners. Rutgers is the exact opposite. As as Rutger's fan, you should be smiling every day knowing you took the Big10 to the cleaners.

BTW since Rutgers has been selected to the Big10, its programs , AD, and coaches have been a series of embarrassing incidents. Not just losing but literally embarrassing the conference. My guess is scarcely a week goes by that the Big10 does not regret inviting Rutgers. The good news for Rutgers is you got in before the Big10 smartened up. The bad news for UCONN is the debacle that is Rutgers will likely make conferences more gun shy about adding new members.

I generally do not like to take shots at other fans but don't come on our board and talk . UCONN has been screwed enough...we don't need it from another undeserving P5 member fan.

Reaction Score
We do have a stand alone football practice facility, so that is wrong. The RAC not ranking in the top 1/3 of hs facilities is also obviously wrong.

The 500 people figure at the basketball game was proven false many times.but not surprised you wouldn't be smart enough to know that, based on the rest of the false statements you made.

An really, is there much difference than UCONN having like 4000 fans at one of your football games two years ago?

What happened under Paterno's watch was horrible; but, blaming the entire university, all 46,500 some odd students, is foolish. Who do you think you are, Ted Cruz? I am a UConn fan and I live in Jersey. While I think Herman was a catastrophic AD and President Barchi has no idea how to run a D1 athletic program as he was hired specifically for the Rutgers/UMDNJ merger; I don't think everyone at Rutgers is an idiot, especially as a lot of my neighbor's kids go there and they are good kids.

And, the RAC is a dump. I went to the last UConn v. Rutgers game there with a neighbor who is a Rutgers Alumni and he says its a dump. At least Rutgers may get a basketball training facility soon; but, it does nothing to address the condition of the RAC. As for attendance, for the 2014/5 basketball season, Rutgers average home attendance was 5,770. That was good enough for 91 out of 100 listed D1 programs and dead last in the B1G - Wisconsin #5, Indiana #8, Nebraska #10, Michigan St #14, Illinois #15, Ohio St #16, Iowa #18, Maryland #25, Michigan #28, Minnesota #29, Purdue #32, Missouri #55, Penn St #56 (ouch!), Northwestern #72. That's a fact.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_basketball_RB/Reports/attend/2015.pdf

Oh, UConn, playing in a G5 conference was #37 with 10,687 per game on average.

As for football, Rutgers has a bigger football stadium than UConn and it is on campus. But, even with the newly proposed renovation to the Hale Center, Rutgers is still without an indoor, full field training center, which UConn has in the Burton/Shenkman center.

http://www.scarletknights.com/facilities/hale.html

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/facilities/burton-family-complex.html

By the way, 'MainLineDave' is an interesting name. I am not aware of any location in Jersey being called the Main Line; but, its a common nickname for an affluent collection of suburbs along US 30/Lancaster Avenue just west of Philadelphia that get its name from the old 'Main Line' of the Pennsylvania Railroad that includes such towns as Ardmore, Villanova, Radnor, Malvern, etc. Any chance you grew-up there and could not get into Penn St and went to Rutgers instead?

Reaction Score
What happened under Paterno's watch was horrible; but, blaming the entire university, all 46,500 some odd students, is foolish. Who do you think you are, Ted Cruz? I am a UConn fan and I live in Jersey. While I think Herman was a catastrophic AD and President Barchi has no idea how to run a D1 athletic program as he was hired specifically for the Rutgers/UMDNJ merger; I don't think everyone at Rutgers is an idiot, especially as a lot of my neighbor's kids go there and they are good kids.

And, the RAC is a dump. I went to the last UConn v. Rutgers game there with a neighbor who is a Rutgers Alumni and he says its a dump. At least Rutgers may get a basketball training facility soon; but, it does nothing to address the condition of the RAC. As for attendance, for the 2014/5 basketball season, Rutgers average home attendance was 5,770. That was good enough for 91 out of 100 listed D1 programs and dead last in the B1G - Wisconsin #5, Indiana #8, Nebraska #10, Michigan St #14, Illinois #15, Ohio St #16, Iowa #18, Maryland #25, Michigan #28, Minnesota #29, Purdue #32, Missouri #55, Penn St #56 (ouch!), Northwestern #72. That's a fact.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_basketball_RB/Reports/attend/2015.pdf

Oh, UConn, playing in a G5 conference was #37 with 10,687 per game on average.

As for football, Rutgers has a bigger football stadium than UConn and it is on campus. But, even with the newly proposed renovation to the Hale Center, Rutgers is still without an indoor, full field training center, which UConn has in the Burton/Shenkman center.

http://www.scarletknights.com/facilities/hale.html

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/facilities/burton-family-complex.html

By the way, 'MainLineDave' is an interesting name. I am not aware of any location in Jersey being called the Main Line; but, its a common nickname for an affluent collection of suburbs along US 30/Lancaster Avenue just west of Philadelphia that get its name from the old 'Main Line' of the Pennsylvania Railroad that includes such towns as Ardmore, Villanova, Radnor, Malvern, etc. Any chance you grew-up there and could not get into Penn St and went to Rutgers instead?
@Mr. Conehead this is all the info you need to shut that a s s h a t up:

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–14_Rutgers_Scarlet_Knights_men's_basketball_team)
Less than 500 attendance in back to back games during the 2013-2014 season
The Number in ( ) is the attendance
11/25/2013*
7:30 pm Stillman College
NIT Season Tip-Off Consolation Round W 116–89 4–3
The RAC (392)
Piscataway, NJ
11/26/2013*
7:30 pm Fairleigh Dickinson
NIT Season Tip-Off Consolation Round L 72–73 4–4
The RAC (466)
Piscataway, NJ

@mainlinedave you had a LOT of to say until the facts came out...now you seemed to have disappeared. That was pretty easy...take care now..don't let the world wide web door hit you in the a** on your way out!

Reaction Score
I don't follow WBB, but I think you've come to the wrong board to boast about a 4th place conference finish in WBB. Again, we're talking B12 on this thread. Run along.

Not boasting, just correcting your massive ignorance regarding womens' sports in another conference that does not want UConn.

In fact I root for UConn, but your need to denigrate other programs is irksome (especially since you really don't know what you are talking about).

Reaction Score
To become an elite level football program takes recruiting...multiple classes of really good athletes.

Penn State is in the current Top 20 for their 2016 class...UConn is #105 (both Rivals ranks).

WVU is at #40....BC 60....Louisville #30

What UConn needs to dominate the conference and go to a NY6 game is an infusion of talent.

Reaction Score
UConnTrumbull said:
Well next year were gonna have the chance to put BC to the sword. I want a 30+ point bloodbath for the world to see.

Me too. But that means we would have to score 30.

Reaction Score
I wasn't citing 9th place finishes, by the way. I was citing an NCAA Final 4 appearance last month, an NCA tournament bound team that finished third and was in the hunt for the Big Ten title until the final game of the season, and a currently #6 nationally ranked wresting team among others....a far cry from finishing dead last in every single sport....as you cited in your uninformed post.

Actually, when I think of Rutgers, I think a team that has beaten UCONN 2 out of every 3 times historically. I think of a team that has 4 out of 5 of ESPN's highest rated football games in the NYC DMA...and all 5 of ESPN2's highest rated games in the NYC DMA.....if you really want to know.

When I think of UCONN, I think of a football team that can't even average 29K in their stadium, gets lousy ratings in the NYC DMA, and has been a true definition a dumpster fire for the last several years.

That's what I think of.
Dave,
Rutgers is a good school. We are trying to get over a very poor football coaching hire.
The real point here was that Rutgers was not very accomplished while in the Big East. I believe they won precious few regular season or tournament conference championships in any/all sports. They did not get into the B1G based on their athletic success. Us, Cincy and BYU got screwed over by CR. It appears we are making up ground lost due to poor overall leadership. We hope to see you in the P5 or equivalent in the future.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="With the exception of Louisville, no other hoops school can say that in the same time frame.

Michigan State made the final four in both basketball and football in 2015.[/QUOTE]

Hey Sparty - I think you are referencing what I said in another thread here. I did not include MSU in my definition of "hoops schools" because...CONGRATS!...I think they are now elevated into being a football elite too. Yes, they have terrific basketball but you also have terrific football too. Hard to call them just a basketball school.

Honestly, MSU's model is something I think UConn should shoot for. It's the model for most ADs across the country who want to compete in both sports, like UConn wants to.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Rutgers is a raging pile of athletic failure.

Fine school, dense state, fortunately placed near New York....all true.

But please, Rutgers fans, do not ever pretend that you're anything other than an a punchline athletically.

Reaction Score
O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion:

Reaction Score
Agreed. We will probably never get to a national championship caliber program but we can absolutely bring a competitive, valued program to the table. We're a basketball school, no question about it. But what separates us from the rest of the basketball schools is that we have played .500 football since going FBS. With the exception of Louisville, no other hoops school can say that in the same time frame.

Of course we can get to a national championship-caliber program. We can win a national championship. We've done it in multiple sports and brought athletics from a small regional player to the national brand it is. Get kids in the NFL, coach well, keep marketing, it will happen, P5 or no. That's why a P5 conference should invite UConn. We are going to get there with or without them.

Reaction Score
Congratulations on those remarkable accomplishments. Rutgers continues to be a beacon of athletic success.

I feel like you're understating the significant behind the 7th place finish of RU softball in the B1G.

Reaction Score
And you would be sad if you and your fellow joebots weren't so damn creepy and cultish, honoring and praising a man who died in disgrace.

Kind of like being a fan of a school who's most famous football alum is a wife beating POS, its former basketball coach made his players shoot free throws buck a** naked while having basketballs fired at them, its AD is a lying two faced sack of crap who harassed her own former players, and its former football head coach skirted the rules left and right to try to influence professors into allowing degenerates play football games. Worst of all was the poor kid who committed suicide after being harassed by Rutgers Students. So in summary all Rutgers fans approve of domestic abuse, bullying, cheating, and hate crimes. Cool.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Do tell about these atrocities. You mean the one case that actually happened on campus a.k.a. the dubious shower incident for which Sandusky was acquitted of the most serious charges?

Sandusky? Sandusky? Oh yeah the former Penn State coach who was convicted of sexually assaulting 10 boys over 15 years but apparently was "acquitted of the most serious charges." Yeah, he's a peach.

Reaction Score
Seriously Mainlinedave....probably the single greatest pull of all time was Rutgers getting into the Big10.

Lets give full credit to the Rutger's administration for pulling that herculean feat off. Truth be told, your President and AD were able to recognize the changing conference landscape and position your program to be selected. But, lets be clear, Rutger's selection was in no way a measure of even moderate success in the athletic arena. In fact, Rutgers was one of the weaker D1 programs in America.

What kills UCONN fans is UCONN has earned the right to be in a P5 conference. We earned the right by investing in our athletic program and producing winners. Rutgers is the exact opposite. As as Rutger's fan, you should be smiling every day knowing you took the Big10 to the cleaners.

BTW since Rutgers has been selected to the Big10, its programs , AD, and coaches have been a series of embarrassing incidents. Not just losing but literally embarrassing the conference. My guess is scarcely a week goes by that the Big10 does not regret inviting Rutgers. The good news for Rutgers is you got in before the Big10 smartened up. The bad news for UCONN is the debacle that is Rutgers will likely make conferences more gun shy about adding new members.

I generally do not like to take shots at other fans but don't come on our board and talk . UCONN has been screwed enough...we don't need it from another undeserving P5 member fan.

Conference expansion is about football. Period. RU trumps UCONN in every single conceivable way in football, and we are AAU.

Better fan support, better stadium, better geography, more TV viewers in the NYC DMA, you name it. Plus,we are an AAU school and you are not.

If the Big Ten had to do it all over again today, only a UCONN fan thinks UCONN would get the nod over Rutgers.

Reaction Score
The fact that you make such emotional and hysterical posts about whatever happened at Penn State means it's personal to you. As a Rutgers fan you've probably always been jealous of Penn State and were probably psyched to have something like that happen to the school and knock them down a peg.

Never could be jealous of anything to do with that cesspool of a university.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom