OT: - Link to Schedule for Aaliyah Edwards, U23 Canadian National Team "GlobLJam" July 2022 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Link to Schedule for Aaliyah Edwards, U23 Canadian National Team "GlobLJam" July 2022

Reaction Score
It's the 4th Quarter Canada up First Quarter Belgium 20 Canada 13
Second Quarter Belgium 9 Canada 19 ( half time Canada 32 - 29 )
Third Quarter Canada 16 Belgium 15 ( 48 to 44 Canada )
Leading Scorer for Canada: Aaliyah, etc, etc. Back to the Play by Play
Follow it on the GlobLJAM web page , go to the schedule and click on Box
Score, from there you can get the PLAY BY PLAY like in other FIBA games. Z
Please keep sending those Video replays! Great Block by Aaliyah!!

Reaction Score
Aaliyah must have seen Ice Brady's performance. Challenge accepted. ;)
It was an impressive performance. It's the style of play UConn fans are hoping to see next season in my opinion. I would recommend keeping an eye out on Sportsnets' site for highlights. I'll do my best to update when I see them too.

Reaction Score
NICE! Fourth Quarter Canada 17 Belgium 9 Final Score 65 to 53 CANADA
A. Edwards: 30:21 minutes 22 points 12 rebounds 2 blocks 1 ? steal
2 assists 3 fouls 3 turnovers 7/9 on 2 point shots
0/0 on 3 point free throws 8 / 11
See you again tomorrow, Aaliyah, nice game. Z

Reaction Score
I saw the game and Aaliyha was just as impressive as the stats suggest. The best I've seen her yet. Great defense, solid scoring, relentless energy and contributed everywhere. Canada could easily have lost this game without her.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It was an impressive performance. It's the style of play UConn fans are hoping to see next season in my opinion. I would recommend keeping an eye out on Sportsnets' site for highlights. I'll do my best to update when I see them too.
Please do!! Your efforts in this matter are truly appreciated. :cool:

Reaction Score
Post-game interview with Aaliyah Edwards on: www.sportsnet.ca/basketball
"Edwards Leads Canada women to win over Belgium..."
In the interview Aaliyah comments that she would love to see Canada
win the tournament on her 'Birthday Weekend" (this weekend coming up)>
Of Note Phillipina Kyei, 6'8" Canadian took her citizenship oath on
July 4th to be eligible to play in the game. She is from Ghana. Her
name is pronounced " CHAY". The citizenship progress on July 4th
included the Oath of Citizenship and singing " O Canada". Her coaches
and some teammates were there to help and celebrate. The oath
was done by way of "ZOOM". I guess they wanted her to play!!
You have to be a citizen to play on the National team! Z

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

I like how Aaliyah is taking the leadership role of the Canadian Team seriously.

“It’s very important,” Edwards said of the expanded role. “Having the experience with the women’s national team, I had a lot of mentors. All my big sisters carrying me up to that level, they’re now moving on with their professional careers, so for me to be able to step up is what Coach has been harping on, to be a leader and guide the next generation, for sure.”

Aaliyah is the player most likely to really mentor Ayanna since the physicality of their play is so similar. Ice may be mentored more by Dorka since I think there is more similarity there

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
I saw the game and Aaliyha was just as impressive as the stats suggest. The best I've seen her yet. Great defense, solid scoring, relentless energy and contributed everywhere. Canada could easily have lost this game without her.

She was the difference for them in the first half and helped them close out the 4th. Without her 12 points, they would have been losing. I would say they wouldn't have won this game at all without her.

I know Belgium can compete, but with this roster, on paper I had expected more. Hopefully it was just one game with the jitters.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One of the things I am always keenly interested in for any UConn player from one season to the next is how they look physically. Basically, are they fitter and stronger?

Aaliyah has dramatically improved her overall fitness level. From the video excerpts it’s clear that Aaliyah is leaner, stronger, quicker and runs the court better. One more reason to be really, really, really excited about the upcoming season at UConn.

Reaction Score
Wowza! Bring that stuff back home, Aaliyah. Field goal % of 77% (7-9) will keep the nattering nabobs of negativity stifled (one can hope, anyway)
Love this.................I'll be using this a lot ;)

Reaction Score
Watching France vs Belgium. France up by 21 points in the 4th. Belgium is dealing with a shorter turnaround, having played in the evening, but the point differential compared to the game last night is a little shocking.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Watching France vs Belgium. France up by 21 points in the 4th. Belgium is dealing with a shorter turnaround, having played in the evening, but the point differential compared to the game last night is a little shocking.

Boxscore 59-32 France

Reaction Score
One of the things I am always keenly interested in for any UConn player from one season to the next is how they look physically. Basically, are they fitter and stronger?

Aaliyah has dramatically improved her overall fitness level. From the video excerpts it’s clear that Aaliyah is leaner, stronger, quicker and runs the court better. One more reason to be really, really, really excited about the upcoming season at UConn.
I agree with the assessment, and the importance of fitness for Aaliyah. She was not the same player last year, even at the tail end of the season, where she was better than early in the season, but still nowhere near her freshmen year. It appears from the physical look and early results she is moving towards the freshmen version of Aaliyah not last year's, which by itself could result in a major improvement for the team.

I was in the wait and see camp as to which version we would get this year, hoping she would recapture freshmen Aaliyah conditioning and performance, but certainly not considering that a given because of what happened last year. This is obviously a very encouraging sign.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom