OT: - Link to Schedule for Aaliyah Edwards, U23 Canadian National Team "GlobLJam" July 2022 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Link to Schedule for Aaliyah Edwards, U23 Canadian National Team "GlobLJam" July 2022

Reaction Score
Saturday's game is listed on ESPN+. It looks like ESPN got the rights for the college team games as Baylor is in the men's tournament and theirs is the only other game listed.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Canada leading US 46-37 at the half. Aaliyah with 8 pts, 6 rbs, 2 ast & 2 stls :). But also has 5 turnovers & 3 fouls :eek:.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Canada leading US 46-37 at the half. Aaliyah with 8 pts, 6 rbs, 2 ast & 2 stls :). But also has 5 turnovers:eek:.
and picked up her 3rd foul on an offensive foul driving like a bull in a China shop right before half. I like her drives from the key especially going left but she has to get it out to the perimeter when the post is waiting.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
and picked up her 3rd foul on an offensive foul driving like a bull in a China shop right before half. I like her drives from the key especially going left but she has to get it out to the perimeter when the post is waiting.
Old habits die hard…..:(

Reaction Score
USA is shooting 62 % from beyond the ARC. For the USA, T. Robinson has 18 out of 37
of the USA points. Canada continues with good rebounding 28 for Canada to 14 for USA.
Canada's Ejim has 3 Blocks as does the 6'8" Kyei. Canada will have
to do with Aaliyah for a while. It looks like the double double string of games for Aaliyah could
be in jeopardy! It is time for some " UCONN" poise, Aaliyah.... remember your
birthday wish = A WIN!

Reaction Score
I saw the play and Edwards AND the defender ran into each other. The defender was moving right at Edwards. But the defender fell to the court while Edwards didn't so Edwards got the foul. I'm not saying she doesn't foul, aggressive play makes it inevitable, but she gets a lot of offensive foul calls simply because the other player falls while she doesn't.

Reaction Score
Canada 85 USA 60 Aaliyah sits out the last 7:50 minutes (resting for
tomorrow?) 5 steals 9 rebounds 4 assists Not too bad for the birthday
girl. (In 23:57 minutes of PT). On to Sunday and France. France beating
the Belgium team 74 - 73 in a nail biter! Be there at 3: 30 tomorrow!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Canada 85 USA 60 Aaliyah sits out the last 7:50 minutes (resting for
tomorrow?) 5 steals 9 rebounds 4 assists Not too bad for the birthday
girl. (In 23:57 minutes of PT). On to Sunday and France. France beating
the Belgium team 74 - 73 in a nail biter! Be there at 3: 30 tomorrow!
Thanks for the updates for those of us that are interested in what Aaliyah does, but can’t watch the game.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I watched the entire game and was not that impressed with Aaliyah's play. Often behind in a play, not always boxing out, lack of energy in going for rebounds, and some sloppy TO's. She also looked a step slow - maybe she was celebrating her birthday in her mind and she wasn't 100% present. Even tho her stats were decent, it seemed to be an off day for her. Everyone is entitled to one, right?!

A couple other players really stood out. Merissiah Russell (Louisville), Shayeann Day-Wilson (Duke). Sarah Te-Biasu of VCU (I guess she's not playing with her team for USA), and 6'8" Phillipina Kyei (Oregon). Kyei (pronounced "Chay") is raw but has some very good upside. Latasha Lattimore (Texas) did not play - I think she has an injury or illness. But not sure. She's decent, but not at the same level as Edwards (or Amihere for that matter).

The future of Canadian basketball is bright with all those players getting a lot of great PT in the USA.

Reaction Score

Nice Birthday Cake, Aaliyah! For dessert, some "winning" smiles
( against France , 3:30 PM Today, Sunday )
For a review/ preview Game 1 was Canada 73 France 56
Canada with the Rebound advantage 53 - 31
Canada with the Free throws conversions 21 for 30
Canada with the offensive rebound advantage 24 to 11
Canada with the 3 point shooting advantage 8 for 26 ( is that an advantage?? 30%)
France with the field goal advantage 36 % to Canada 34 and 2 point advantage 40 % to 36 %
Other notable facts France should be tired with their 74 - 73 victory over Belgium yesterday
But.. only 7 of 12 players scored for France, but it was very even scoring: 14 points, 12 points, 12 points, 10
points, 9 points (X2) , and 8 points.
Note: the Canadian starters are from UCONN : Aaliyah; Louisville: Russell: Arizona: Pennington:
Duke: Shy Day- Wilson. Phillipina Kyei, Oregon. With a Canadian bench from U of Miami (2), Oregon, Gonzaga,
Virginia Commonwealth. France has club players, some " pros" ( I assume) and
two players from USA colleges: Emmanuelle Tahane 6'2" originally at U of Missouri and
then U of Rhode Island and Kadiatou Sissoko starting out at Syracuse and transfering to Minnesota.
Finally France has one "taller" player: Oumou Diarisso 6'4" from Tarbes GB club (played in the Eurocup W 2022. )
Oumou does not usually play a lot of minutes but she played 20;09 minutes in game #1 with 8 points, 8 rebounds.
So IMO sounds like a win, but the Maple Leafs still have to play the game! Go Aaliyah!

Reaction Score
I watched the entire game and was not that impressed with Aaliyah's play. Often behind in a play, not always boxing out, lack of energy in going for rebounds, and some sloppy TO's. She also looked a step slow - maybe she was celebrating her birthday in her mind and she wasn't 100% present. Even tho her stats were decent, it seemed to be an off day for her. Everyone is entitled to one, right?!

A couple other players really stood out. Merissiah Russell (Louisville), Shayeann Day-Wilson (Duke). Sarah Te-Biasu of VCU (I guess she's not playing with her team for USA), and 6'8" Phillipina Kyei (Oregon). Kyei (pronounced "Chay") is raw but has some very good upside. Latasha Lattimore (Texas) did not play - I think she has an injury or illness. But not sure. She's decent, but not at the same level as Edwards (or Amihere for that matter).

The future of Canadian basketball is bright with all those players getting a lot of great PT in the USA.

I was in attendance and I agree that Aaliyah didn't have the same game as she's had during the week. Definitely an off night. It also felt that the offensive flow of the team wasn't the same if you compare how they performed against France.

It was nice to see Kei get more minutes but wished the guards did more to get her the ball. She worked her tail off yesterday. Hoping to see her get more minutes with Oregon this season.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I was in attendance and I agree that Aaliyah didn't have the same game as she's had during the week. Definitely an off night. It also felt that the offensive flow of the team wasn't the same if you compare how they performed against France.

It was nice to see Kei get more minutes but wished the guards did more to get her the ball. She worked her tail off yesterday. Hoping to see her get more minutes with Oregon this season.
If you're going to be there today, a general synopsis of your observations of Aaliyah's performance and her teammates would be appreciated. We like reading all of the game observations we can get. Some folks see things others do not. :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score

This type of performance IS NOT going to fly with Geno. Aaliyah needs to adopt the mindset of not allowing anyone to out work her, or out hustle her during any game ALL SEASON. She's talked about improving her play and being more physical. That's fine, but talking doesn't get it done. Don't talk about it, BE ABOUT IT!!! Handle hard better!! :cool:

Reaction Score

I'm not at the game today but watching it live. Will do my best to provide a synopsis.

Reaction Score
This type of performance IS NOT going to fly with Geno. Aaliyah needs to adopt the mindset of not allowing anyone to out work her, or out hustle her during any game ALL SEASON. She's talked about improving her play and being more physical. That's fine, but talking doesn't get it done. Don't talk about it, BE ABOUT IT!!! Handle hard better!! :cool:

You're focusing on one game out of 4. She's been very physical and taking a beating while holding her own. If ESPN+ has their first game vs USA, you'll see what I mean.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Canada up 19-16 after 1Q. Aaliyah off to a good start. 4 pts, 4 RB, 1 Ass, 1 Block

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom