OT: - Link to Schedule for Aaliyah Edwards, U23 Canadian National Team "GlobLJam" July 2022 | The Boneyard

OT: Link to Schedule for Aaliyah Edwards, U23 Canadian National Team "GlobLJam" July 2022

Reaction Score
Ms. Edwards' picture is on the webpage so let's assume she is "ON" the Canadian Team!
The link is: www.basketball.ca/globljam The HOME PAGE should say
GlobLJam - Canada Basketball and after entering your name and email addres, you
should have access to the schedule ( click on " schedule" ). There will appear the
dates/ times/ and teams playing from July 5, 2022 to the finals on July 10th ( Sunday)
The teams are (men and women): Canada, USA (Virginia Commonwealth University is
representing the USA ), France, and Belgium.
Women play at 11 AM ET and at 6 PM ET . Friday is a rest day.
If you liked the FIBA AMERICAS competition this should be even better. The
Canadian players are from Wake Forest, UCONN, DUKE, TEXAS, Louisville,
U of Arizona, U of South Carolina, U of Miami, and Gonzaga. A VCU player ,
Sarah Te-Biagh is Canadian and could be on the Canadian squad. It she
does not make the Canadian Team will she play for VCU?? Interesting!! Enjoy Z

Reaction Score
GloblJam Starts tomorrow Tuesday, July 5th The GlobLJam is U 23 women's and men's basketball in Toronto.
Aaliayah Edwards "made" the team, BUT. .. U of South Carolina's Laeticia
Amihere is not on the final roster. Amiphere was invited to the tryouts, so
there will be a different look to the Canadian Women's team. You can Google
Canada Basketball for the full roster. FIrst game for A. Edwards and the
Canadians is 6 PM tomorrow, July 5th against Belgium. USA's Virginia
Commonwealth plays at 11:00 AM tomorrow against France. I do not
see a TV programming or live streaming feed as of yet??!! But they have
a link for box score on the GlobLJam - Canada Basketball link. scroll down
to the individual game and there is a link for box score. I hope we can get
to see the Canadian Women's Team and Aaliyah. Some of the Canadians
play for OREGON (2) , Louisville, Miami (2!!), Gonzaga, Duke, and UVA
( i.e. the same team that will be playing for the USA, she is on the
Canadian team = Sarah Te- Biasu, a guard ) Enjoy , Z

Reaction Score
GloblJam Starts tomorrow Tuesday, July 5th The GlobLJam is U 23 women's and men's basketball in Toronto.
Aaliayah Edwards "made" the team, BUT. .. U of South Carolina's Laeticia
Amihere is not on the final roster. Amiphere was invited to the tryouts, so
there will be a different look to the Canadian Women's team. You can Google
Canada Basketball for the full roster. FIrst game for A. Edwards and the
Canadians is 6 PM tomorrow, July 5th against Belgium. USA's Virginia
Commonwealth plays at 11:00 AM tomorrow against France. I do not
see a TV programming or live streaming feed as of yet??!! But they have
a link for box score on the GlobLJam - Canada Basketball link. scroll down
to the individual game and there is a link for box score. I hope we can get
to see the Canadian Women's Team and Aaliyah. Some of the Canadians
play for OREGON (2) , Louisville, Miami (2!!), Gonzaga, Duke, and UVA
( i.e. the same team that will be playing for the USA, she is on the
Canadian team = Sarah Te- Biasu, a guard ) Enjoy , Z

For anyone outside of Canada, I would hope that it's being broadcasted on YouTube by FIBA but I don't believe they're directly involved. I know it's available on cable TV through Rogers Sportsnet. Don't know if anyone from outside of Canada can sign up for their streaming service to view. If I see something, I'll try to pass it on asap.

You shouldn't have to provide your name and email to view the schedule. That section is for getting added to the email distribution list for other things like discount codes for tickets, Canada Basketball updates, etc. If you're nowhere close to Toronto, that's a waste of your time.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the information. Much appreciated. I will test my luck, using your
suggestions, for the earlier USA ( i.e. VCU women's team ) game vs France.
It that works, I will watch Aaliyah and other Canadians face off against Belgium
at 6 PM. Do you know if the other foreign teams are " national " teams or
some form of collegiate type teams ( like VCU )?. I may seek out the rosters
to the Belgium and French teams to see if they have any players who
currently on NCAA WBB teams. FIBA games can be very good, at least
I should be able to learn how Aaliyah does from the BOX SCORE data. Have a good day! Z

Reaction Score
Thanks for the information. Much appreciated. I will test my luck, using your
suggestions, for the earlier USA ( i.e. VCU women's team ) game vs France.
It that works, I will watch Aaliyah and other Canadians face off against Belgium
at 6 PM. Do you know if the other foreign teams are " national " teams or
some form of collegiate type teams ( like VCU )?. I may seek out the rosters
to the Belgium and French teams to see if they have any players who
currently on NCAA WBB teams. FIBA games can be very good, at least
I should be able to learn how Aaliyah does from the BOX SCORE data. Have a good day! Z

Unfortunately there hasn't been much information on the other teams, including VCU which has several Canadians on the roster ironically. Anything I've seen has been focused on the Canadian team when I've done searches.

Personally, I'm disappointed in the set up of the webpage promoting the event. I understand its focus is on the Canadian teams and the media push has been amazing. Getting national TV network time was unheard of even a few years ago. To see it broadcasted on a national network is something true Canada Basketball fans have been wishing to happen for a long time. However, as it's promoted as GloblJam, I initially thought there would be more information for international fans if they want to watch. Sadly, this hasn't been the case. :(

Reaction Score
No news on actual TV coverage in USA ( as of yet ) but here are some links for
Newspaper coverage and a news video on "CITY NEWS" ( a Toronto Television
station ) with Aaliyah Edwards featured with other
players. Search: 1) " GlobL Jam jumpstarts Legacy Day", a video on CITY NEWS
also: 2) " Canadian Basketball players relish chance to play at home in GlobL Jam
U23 tournament" with quotes from Aaliyah. This New article was first published
by The Canadian Press on July 4, 2022 and republished in the NATIONAL POST
No luck as of yet with a search of "GlobL Jam you tube tv" ( don't be fooled
by GLOBAL JAM - YouTube , that's not it!) The "CITY NEWS" tv video is worth
the search = nice interview with UCONN's Aaliyah. Could some BY cut and paste
this link, I'm not savvy enough!! Enjoy, Z

Reaction Score
her struggles early on last season were widely (just search this forum) attributed to her involvement with the Canadian Olympic team. Here’s hoping that the same thing doesn’t happen this year.

Reaction Score
her struggles early on last season were widely (just search this forum) attributed to her involvement with the Canadian Olympic team. Here’s hoping that the same thing doesn’t happen this year.
yea idk what the point of this tournament is. Doesn't seem any benefits aside risking injury.

Reaction Score

It's also been noted that this is a much different situation. The tournament finishes Sunday. She's been with the team for about 2 weeks. Overall, the commitment is a lot shorter than last year. No different than a FIBA youth tournament schedule.

Reaction Score
Live now, (11 AM), but you need a subscription to :
Sportsnet NOW - GlobLJAm Basketball: USA vs France (W).
Aaliyah and Canada are at 6PM. I'm still hoping for YouTube replay videos and
/or the Box Score of the Canada Games to follow Aaliyah's progress.
Note the CltyNews link above is very nice! Also there is more general
stuff on other Canadian Players, E.G. the DUKE player, who played with
Aaliyah on the Crestwood Prep team. You can see Aaliyah's purple and
gold braids in the highlights ( I think that was from a link with SPORTSNET.CA -
Videos) Enjoy, Z

Reaction Score
Live now, (11 AM), but you need a subscription to :
Sportsnet NOW - GlobLJAm Basketball: USA vs France (W).
Aaliyah and Canada are at 6PM. I'm still hoping for YouTube replay videos and
/or the Box Score of the Canada Games to follow Aaliyah's progress.
Note the CltyNews link above is very nice! Also there is more general
stuff on other Canadian Players, E.G. the DUKE player, who played with
Aaliyah on the Crestwood Prep team. You can see Aaliyah's purple and
gold braids in the highlights ( I think that was from a link with SPORTSNET.CA -
Videos) Enjoy, Z

Unfortunately, Sportsnet's SportsNow service is not available outside of Canada. Unless you have a VPN service that can mask your location, you won't be able to subscribe to it.

I don't know if the French or Belgium basketball associations are advertising where it could be seen for followers overseas. I haven't seen anything when I tried. You can watch the boxscore live however. See the link below for the USA-FRA match up. You'll be able to access it from the GloblJam website.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Apparently USA has a team there? They just played France and got walloped 44-62. Here is a list of the players on Team USA. I recognize maybe 2... At first glance I was like "Center Kara Wolters played??!!!" Then I checked the spelling LOL...

Anyway, hope Liya has a great experience and a great tournament!
1657042541107.png

Reaction Score
Apparently USA has a team there? They just played France and got walloped 44-62. Here is a list of the players on Team USA. I recognize maybe 2... At first glance I was like "Center Kara Wolters played??!!!" Then I checked the spelling LOL...

Anyway, hope Liya has a great experience and a great tournament!
View attachment 77394

The USA team is actually VCU who were selected to participate in this event. The irony is that there are 4 Canadians on their roster, not including their starting PG Te'Biasu who will be with the Canadian team.

Reaction Score
VCU never had a chance ( the USA team): FG % = France 42 % VCU 24 % ; 2 pt % = France 50 %
VCU 30 %, and 3 pt % = France 30 % and VCU 14 %. France lead from start to finish.
So, when they repeat this tournament next year ( # 2) maybe the USA can send UCONN WBB
as Aaliyah Edwards ' " senior game " ! Aaliyah plays for UCONN in that game, of course.
I'll be looking for the Stats of the CANADA vs Belgium game. Game is 6 PM, stats after 8 pm?? Z

Reaction Score
VCU never had a chance ( the USA team): FG % = France 42 % VCU 24 % ; 2 pt % = France 50 %
VCU 30 %, and 3 pt % = France 30 % and VCU 14 %. France lead from start to finish.
So, when they repeat this tournament next year ( # 2) maybe the USA can send UCONN WBB
as Aaliyah Edwards ' " senior game " ! Aaliyah plays for UCONN in that game, of course.
Do you want to start a riot on this board? :eek: I highly doubt UConn fans would want Geno to entertain this idea.
I'll be looking for the Stats of the CANADA vs Belgium game. Game is 6 PM, stats after 8 pm?? Z
The game starts at 6 pm EST.

Reaction Score
yea idk what the point of this tournament is. Doesn't seem any benefits aside risking injury.
It's a developmental tournament with an eye toward promoting girls/women's basketball in the Toronto area. It's being played under FIBA regs. I read that VCU has several Canadian players and that should be the hint about its purpose. Edwards continues to support Canadian basketball and that is a good thing.

Reaction Score
It's a developmental tournament with an eye toward promoting girls/women's basketball in the Toronto area. It's being played under FIBA regs. I read that VCU has several Canadian players and that should be the hint about its purpose. Edwards continues to support Canadian basketball and that is a good thing.
It's more than just Toronto. Canada Basketball has made a large investment in getting this onto the national radar.

The fact FIBA is good with a U23 category is great to see. There are a lot of good international players who would benefit from these competitions. Right now, Belgium have U18 players competing against some of the best in the NCAA. That's an opportunity that rarely comes around in this format.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom