Let's just stop (announcers etc.) with the "controversial no-call" at the end of the game. [merged thread] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Let's just stop (announcers etc.) with the "controversial no-call" at the end of the game. [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The thing is, the Referees make the calls based on what they see...in the heat of the moment and the fast pace of play...sometimes they might miss something that is later seen in super mo, stop action video and stills. SO...based on how these things work... No Call...means No Foul. Can't go back and change it.
Happens in Football, Baseball, etc, etc, etc.

Reaction Score
Everyone notices a non call ...at the end of the game. I guess the rest of them....don't matter. Too many players want the refs to bail them out.
This falls into the category of how I think of Jen Rizzotti's drive in the 95 championship game. I never think of it as the most important play of the game because every other play in the game was just as equally important. But it was the most memorable. Which is about all the "non-call" in this game was. But just because it may be the most memorable doesn't mean it was any more significant than any other call/non-call in the game. It's over, time to move on. UConn will probably play Baylor next season. Baylor played a very good game tonight and they can use it as motivation for the next game if they want.

And all the Antonelli & Mowen harping on the call will absolutely give UConn motivation in the next game/games. Big G will make sure of that.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Wow the pic that is circulating on the internet looks much worse than real time. She got foul by Ono and Edwards. Edwards to the face and Ono on the elbow. Must be the same ref from the Iowa State /Texas A&M game.
Refs were pretty consistent in this game. Let all kinds of stuff go all game. Drive in to a double team and refs didn't bail her out. Seems right.

Reaction Score
If they want to harp on the last shot no-call, they might make the observation that if you allow a 19-0 run in the 2nd half of an elite eight game there is a lot more blame to go around than just a no-call. On top of that, jealousy is not one of the more attractive of human emotions.
UConn players were fouled but nothing was called ! It’s not a big deal for these smart
People coz it wasn’t at the end of the game! A foul should be called anytime it’s committed.

Reaction Score
Now we got Lebron in on the so-called controversy. You watch the whole game dude? If you did you wouldn’t be spouting off. I think Mulkey is handling it better than just about any of the other anti-Husky pundits.
No.....Kim is saying she has screenshots and photos on her cell phone and told the reporter to “print that” while struggling to put/take off her mask.....

Reaction Score
I guess there were no other questionable calls or no calls, correct?
It was a play-on in my opinion and there were many many no calls against UCONN but those don't matter. It's only the call at the end.

Antonelli doesn't deserve to be anywhere near a microphone. She's terrible and has also infected a decent Mowins. One could say that Antonelli is a VIRUS.

Reaction Score
No.....Kim is saying she has screenshots and photos on her cell phone and told the reporter to “print that” while struggling to put/take off her mask.....
She also knows where Jimmy Hoffa is...big deal..

Reaction Score
It was a rough game - both UConn and Baylor got some favor from the refs. I didn't think it was a foul, watching in real time. If we do well in the FF, I think this call (noncall?) will fade away.

Reaction Score
It was a poorly reff'ed game....all aroud. We were saying such the entire game thread. And before that final play, UConn got jobbed on numerous calls. Super annoying that the narrative is that Baylor was wronged based one singular end-of-game play.

Reaction Score
Now we got Lebron in on the so-called controversy. You watch the whole game dude? If you did you wouldn’t be spouting off. I think Mulkey is handling it better than just about any of the other anti-Husky pundits.
I guess you didn't hear her press conference.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Mowins and Antonelli are bringing it up in the 2nd game, with ZERO discussion of all the fouls committed by Baylor that were not called during the rest of the game. It just props up the whole "UCONN won cuz of the refs" which is so untrue it's ridiculous. We would have won that game by double digits had the game been officiated properly. <rant off> LOL
No point arguing with Mowens or Antonelli as my father said you can't fix stu***.
Baylor plays smash mouth basketball..finally someone smashed them back....
No mention of UConn not having a point guard or both uconn Bigs missing half a game with foul trouble. Horrible commentary very unbalanced. Like those things did not affect uconn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom