Let's just stop (announcers etc.) with the "controversial no-call" at the end of the game. [merged thread] | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Let's just stop (announcers etc.) with the "controversial no-call" at the end of the game. [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Debbie Antonelli is very much anti-UCONN so I expect her to criticize them. I wish we have better commentators but unfortunately she’s one of them that we have !!!
Yea and Lobo is not much better .

Reaction Score
Carrington would have been gone before Richards if they called the game the way Mulkey wished it had been officiated. If you're a physical team whose strategy is to get away with some stuff, you can't be mad when the other team also gets away with some stuff.

Reaction Score
And then toss it to Holly Rowe who will tell us how a player grew up poor and had to eat breakfast at Denny's, and how they've come full circle to eat at a San Antonio Denny's every morning with their family during the tournam
I don't understand the constant complaining about the ESPN announcers. I see it on the Louisville boards also.

ESPN gives WBB what limited national visibility that it has. I'm glad they do that. I like Lobo and Landers. Mowins/Antonelli/Rowe don't aggravate me nearly as much as they do lots of other fans, apparently.

Reaction Score
Refs were pretty consistent in this game. Let all kinds of stuff go all game. Drive in to a double team and refs didn't bail her out. Seems right.
Agree. Inconsistent. Terrible all game long, then they make the right call at the end. LOL.

Reaction Score
There was absolutely no question this was a foul with a minute left.
A22B5C32-8428-4C56-9010-DF345A288B08.jpeg

Reaction Score
I don't understand the constant complaining about the ESPN announcers. I see it on the Louisville boards also.

ESPN gives WBB what limited national visibility that it has. I'm glad they do that. I like Lobo and Landers. Mowins/Antonelli/Rowe don't aggravate me nearly as much as they do lots of other fans, apparently.
For me I want them to just do a couple of things. When the whistle blows tell us who committed a foul and how many that is, and when the horn blows tell us who is coming in and out of the game. Also not telling stupid stories for minutes at a time during a game would be great. I'll give them a pass for all the promotional stuff they do during the broadcast.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Yeah.. all this complaining about ESPN is a bunch of poppycock. Back in my day.... all of the post season WBB we got to see was the final 4 on cbs.... and even then.. it was a early afternoon saturday slot for the semi's, and then the championship game the following afternoon.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score

Not to be picky...but, it was a middle five not a high five. And, Paige was completely right to deny it if that is what it was...but, I agree with other posters...the referee was just indicating where Paige would throw the ball back in...it should also be noted that she respectfully kept her mouth shut and didn't say anything.

Reaction Score
That wasn't a high five at all, LMAO. Can't believe you would think that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member