Let's just stop (announcers etc.) with the "controversial no-call" at the end of the game. [merged thread] | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Let's just stop (announcers etc.) with the "controversial no-call" at the end of the game. [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jerk take your advice
I guess it was too hard to read my very next post how I was mostly kidding.
Thanks for your most valuable contribution.
I shutter to think what we would have done without it.

Reaction Score
Now we got Lebron in on the so-called controversy. You watch the whole game dude? If you did you wouldn’t be spouting off. I think Mulkey is handling it better than just about any of the other anti-Husky pundits.
Lebron just ordered his "guest workers" in the reeducation camps in Western China to start making "Baylor Got Robbed" t-shirts.
Free labor means greater profits for Lebron and soon he'll be a billionaire.

Reaction Score
They have a deep seeded jealousy of UCONN and greatly resent UCONN's enormous success, as it has far surpassed that of Tennessee.
Peck also doesn't like Geno 'cuz he's a great coach and she couldn't coach a peewee team.
Don't underestimate the fact that many many women, hate it that a male is the dominant coaching icon in a female sport. They feel it doesn't give shine to deserving females. Thus they'll root for Programs with female coaches when going against a male led program.
So they will like UConn when Geno retires at the back end of the 2030's or early 2040's and Shea is the head coach?

Reaction Score
I would not call that an obvious foul.. The Baylor player knocks the ball loose. They are both going for the loos ball. Paige is not knocked down but is going down to secure the ball. Generally on scrums like this they do not call fouls. You can see this all the time even though technically it should be but it is never called till there is a held ball.

I think you're way wrong.

She was tripped/knocked down. That's why she was on the ground. It was obvious and ofc it was missed.
At the moment it is 5:38 on the clock, at that moment Paige has her hand on the ball/or about to, and you can see that the defender is already on the floor with her full body weight on Paige's legs. It was obvious- but missed.

You know when a player dives over your lower legs/ankles with full body weight, you realize unless the offensive player is LeBron or in football someone like Earl Campbell, the offensive player is going to collapse to the floor, right?

Reaction Score
It's kinda funny if you visit other boards after they drop a game to UConn to see what UConn homers Antonelli, Peck, Lobo, hell, all of them are with their nonstop fawning over UConn players, their undying love of Geno. You just can't make some people happy, I guess. That would be fans I'm referring to.

Reaction Score
Question to Mulke and Dijonai:
What about THIS no-call on Dijonai clearly holding Paige???

WhataboutTHIS no-call.png

Are you, Mulke and Dijonai complaining about THIS no-call???

P.S. There are a hundred more pics of no-calls during that great game.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I would not call that an obvious foul.. The Baylor player knocks the ball loose. They are both going for the loos ball. Paige is not knocked down but is going down to secure the ball. Generally on scrums like this they do not call fouls. You can see this all the time even though technically it should be but it is never called till there is a held ball.

It is. She tripped Paige and then someone else piled on Paige after she had the ball. Both are obvious fouls.

It doesn’t matter that both were going for the ball.

And they just called it Sunday night in one of the men’s games. Both of them actually.

Reaction Score
It looked like some vintage Knicks-Bulls action from the 90’s last night. Rough play both ways. I’d have blown the whistle on that last play, but I would’ve called Baylor on a number of Paige and CW’s drives throughout the game as well. Unfortunately, the game may be more remembered for its final moments rather than what it really was- an extremely competitive and well played game by two excellent, well-coached teams.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Holly Rowe was definitely a Baylor and Didi Richards fan tonight.
Holly Rowe is there to tell the touching, emotional, inspirational stories. That is her job. Didi has one of those stories. So Holly talks Didi while the others supposedly call the the game in an unbiased manner.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So they will like UConn when Geno retires at the back end of the 2030's or early 2040's and Shea is the head coach?
No

Reaction Score
She did that over and over during the game. Over sold every play! Refs bought it every time!!

Reaction Score
For someone that gets a lot of "NO CALLS", Lebron should just keep his mouth shut. She got fouled, she didn't get fouled. OH PLEASE, enough. I fear that the next step will be that the "race card" will be played. This is one of the reasons why a lot of us have tuned out sports altogether. Whine, complain, accuse. It's a game, and yes there are times that there are mistakes made. GET OVER IT. The officials are not perfect, and if they missed or didn't miss a call it's not the end of the world. GROW UP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom