Let's just stop (announcers etc.) with the "controversial no-call" at the end of the game. [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Let's just stop (announcers etc.) with the "controversial no-call" at the end of the game. [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow the pic that is circulating on the internet looks much worse than real time. She got foul by Ono and Edwards. Edwards to the face and Ono on the elbow. Must be the same ref from the Iowa State /Texas A&M game.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
It's not the facts I dispute. It's the obvious dislike of UConn.
But now that I think about it, I'm realizing that the no-call really, really upset them.
They're unhappy UConn won.
And I'll be watching my favorite team in the Final Four.
I'm starting to feel better.

Reaction Score
Chill my friend. It was a foul and it wasn’t called. They didn’t criticize anyone.
I guess there were no other questionable calls or no calls, correct?
It was a play-on in my opinion and there were many many no calls against UCONN but those don't matter. It's only the call at the end.

Antonelli doesn't deserve to be anywhere near a microphone. She's terrible and has also infected a decent Mowins. One could say that Antonelli is a VIRUS.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Wow the pic that is circulating on the internet looks much worse than real time. She got foul by Ono and Edwards. Edwards to the face and Ono on the elbow. Must be the same ref from the Iowa State /Texas A&M game.

OK that's fine. But can we see freeze frames of all the hacks Baylor commited throughout the game with no calls?

Reaction Score
There is a reason no one in the game looks forward to them calling cames. Nails on a chalkboard...

Reaction Score
Championship calibre game from two heavyweights. Too bad we can't have championship quality officiating. But this is nothing new so spare me the hand wringing - talking studio heads. I'm sure Peck will also blame the entire loss on Didi getting hurt while we we're down a starter and nobody said jack about that.
Peck always anti-UCONN.

Reaction Score
Debbie Antonelli is very much anti-UCONN so I expect her to criticize them. I wish we have better commentators but unfortunately she’s one of them that we have !!!
Deb Antonelli has hated UConn ever since the UConn Tennessee rivalry days. Antonelli, Carolyn Peck, Beth Mowins and a few others in the ESPN crowd have never been fans of Geno and his program.

Reaction Score
It’s not so much that certain announcers hate UConn but that they love women’s basketball and think that UConn wins too much. That, plus certain announcers don’t like the fact that a man is the most successful coach in the women’s game. Am I wrong?

Reaction Score
Championship calibre game from two heavyweights. Too bad we can't have championship quality officiating. But this is nothing new so spare me the hand wringing - talking studio heads. I'm sure Peck will also blame the entire loss on Didi getting hurt while we we're down a starter and nobody said jack about that.
Yes. And I think Nika could have had a big impact on that game defensively.

Reaction Score
If you are in the position to lose on a controversial call at the end of the game, you really didn't win the game... did ya? I'm not even it saying it was controversial. Many have already mentioned it, Paige was grabbed, slapped and elbowed throughout the game. I remember one particular play when she went to go around the screen away from the ball and Smith basically hugged her with one arm to prevent her from doing it.

Reaction Score
These clueless Debbie Antonelli obviously has to criticize UCONN every time she can!

If they want to harp on the last shot no-call, they might make the observation that if you allow a 19-0 run in the 2nd half of an elite eight game there is a lot more blame to go around than just a no-call. On top of that, jealousy is not one of the more attractive of human emotions.

Reaction Score
Halftime of IN/AZ playing Mulkey’s comments on the no call. Sour grapes. Was it a foul? Likely but at what level at that juncture (sound familiar Lebron?) do they call that. At that juncture you need to see blood and Mulkey knows that. Plenty of other no calls throughout from both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom