Lebron James | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Lebron James

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The sudden move to the floor in prayer like kneel too, sorry wasn't real. He's a great player as all say, tremendous, but even when Doris asked the question how the Cav's did it he thought to answer about how HE focused not the team. He has become all about him, not different from others mind you, but he's not as humble as so many believe him to be. He was at one time, huge change though.
You stuck around for the post-game interview too?

Reaction Score
Lmao @LeBron haters

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
He's not humble at all. It's understandable of course. People have been calling him 'The King' since he was in 8th grade.

The thing that bothers me, is that he actually TRIES to be the center of attention. He actually TRIES to make what he's doing seem more difficult/impressive than it already is. He wants you to know that he played hurt. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he missed that first free throw on purpose, in order to make the second one more important/impressive, dramatic, whatever [note: I don't think he actually did that, just that it would not surprised me in the least]. He needs you to know that he that he gutted it out, against all odds. Contrast that to a guy like Jordan (extremely egotistical in his own right) who is just trying to rip your heart out.

Lebron is the Christiano Ronaldo of the basketball world. He too, will likely build a museum to himself in Cleveland.
I don't know anything about Ronaldo, but it's hard to imagine he's the King good?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't know anything about Ronaldo, but it's hard to imagine he's the King good?

Well, he's been one of the top two players in the world for a decade now. He's got championships, MVPs, goal records etc. He's one of, if not the most famous player in the world (along with Messi). So they aren't all that far off. But Lebron is relatively higher historically in his sport, as well as has been unquestionably the best player in the world for a while.

Reaction Score
Well, he's been one of the top two players in the world for a decade now. He's got championships, MVPs, goal records etc. He's one of, if not the most famous player in the world (along with Messi). So they aren't all that far off. But Lebron is relatively higher historically in his sport, as well as has been unquestionably the best player in the world for a while.
The King is the King, most hyped athlete I've ever seen in my life and wow has the King lived up to every bit of that hype.

What an athlete he is, just in awe of what went on the last week, don't have enough adjectives.

It will be a sad sad day when the King hangs them up, I have been cherishing every moment from the King over the last couple of years.

Reaction Score
I guess by this logic Kobe doesn't have 6 titles then since the ones with Shaq don't count. And Curry is at 0 too because he has Thompson, Green, and Iguodala on his teams.

Yeah it's your personal opinion, but what a moronic opinion to have.

Call it what you want, you are entitled to your opinion and i'm fine with that. I thought it stunk of a player he was scared that his legacy was heading down the path of never winning a ring. So lets take less money and me and wade and bosh team up, and lets get good role players to take pay cuts too. Some viewed it as amazing that a player would put winning over money. I saw and see it as a player he was scared for his legacy and bought a chip! My opinion.

Werent Kob and Shaq both on max contracts? Who was taking pay cuts to play together? This taking a pay cut, imo is equivalent to saying, to saying I will pay X amount of dollars towards a chip if you guys do it too (other teammates). Respect that or not, that is a personal choice. I dont respect it, and i think its cowardly. Those rings were gimmies. If Lebron, and Curry and Durant and West Brook and James harden all teamed up and all took significant pay cuts, I would look at all of them in the same light, I think its weak.

Reaction Score
Hilarious you're an "idiot" and a "hater" because you don't fall for the crap and don't like how he acts on the court?

You want stupid? LOL read some of that crap. The guys great sorry to disagree on pieces of his career though, how dare we? It did nothing to my life whether he won or lost but I believe this is a board for opinion.

I guess I need to stop at he's the KING and the best ever to satisfy the thin skinned pr**ks.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Lebron haters are gonna hate and Lebron homers are gonna home. Nothing new year. Lebron is a top 5 player of all time, his position doesn't matter moving on.

Reaction Score
The King is the King, most hyped athlete I've ever seen in my life and wow has the King lived up to every bit of that hype.

What an athlete he is, just in awe of what went on the last week, don't have enough adjectives.

It will be a sad sad day when the King hangs them up, I have been cherishing every moment from the King over the last couple of years.
324b412ae9e3b1d03df82d556740d455.jpg

Reaction Score
I guess I need to stop at he's the KING and the best ever to satisfy the thin skinned pr**ks.
Or just not make things up and pretend like they're factual.

Reaction Score
Just saw the most amazing come back in basketball history, along with one of the most amazing individual performances, and here's what the BY produces:

Kobe was better.
LBJ went to Miami because he was worried about his legacy.
LBJ was faking it when he fell from about 9 feet up and slammed his arm on the ground, for the purpose of looking more heroic.
LBJ would be capable of intentionally missing the 1st of 2 free throws, with under a minute left, in a game 7, up only 3 points - GET THIS - to make himself look better when he hits the second.
LBJ wasn't really hurt when he was down, because he didn't shake his hand or rub his wrist.
LBJ demonstrated his selfishness and concern for self when he flashed 3 fingers.
LBJ's display of emotion and kneeling was fake.

I love it. Nothing more entertaining than watching the poor sports and haters after things don't go their way. This is second only to reading the Syracuse message board during the '14 run after every game as that fan base vomited all over itself for 2 weekends.

Reaction Score
Just saw the most amazing come back in basketball history, along with one of the most amazing individual performances, and here's what the BY produces:

Kobe was better.
LBJ was faking it when he fell from about 9 feet up and slammed his arm on the ground, for the purpose of looking more heroic.
LBJ would be capable of intentionally missing the 1st of 2 free throws, with under a minute left, in a game 7, up only 3 points - GET THIS - to make himself look better when he hits the second.
LBJ wasn't really hurt when he was down, because he didn't shake his hand or rub his wrist.
LBJ demonstrated his selfishness and concern for self when he flashed 3 fingers.

I love it. Nothing more entertaining than watching the poor sports and haters after things don't go their way. This is second only to reading the Syracuse message board during the '14 run after every game as that fan base vomited all over itself for 2 weekends.

Lebron had a bottle of Champagne and a Cigar, around his kids what kind of example is he setting. How selfish he takes that whole bottle of champagne for himself.

Reaction Score
This is why I like college hoops better than the pros, and it's not even close. The Cavs just won their first NBA title, Cleveland just won their first pro sports championship since 1964, yet all the talk is how great and how self-absorbed Lebron is.

NBA is all about the player. College is about the team/school.

I get why that's the case, but it's grown to ridiculous proportions.

Reaction Score
This is why I like college hoops better than the pros, and it's not even close. The Cavs just won their first NBA title, Cleveland just won their first pro sports championship since 1964, yet all the talk is how great and how self-absorbed Lebron is.

NBA is all about the player. College is about the team/school.

I get why that's the case, but it's grown to ridiculous proportions.

2011 was all about Kemba to the general fans and media.

Reaction Score

Kobe was better.

Just so grateful to see such greatness, really appreciative, we all should be as NBA fans, either way who won last night...

Game 7 of the NBA finals, tied with 2 mins left....

Tip your hat to LeBron and the Cavs, stop hating...

It was the highest rated game in NBA history, a treat on Fathers Day...

Thank you for it Warriors and Cavs, really awesome stuff!

Reaction Score
Just so grateful to see such greatness, really appreciative, we all should be as NBA fans, either way who won last night...
No doubt.
The guy I haven't heard enough about is Draymond Green. Guy is a top 5 NBA player right now. He's a winner. He played his best game when his team needed him the most. His early shooting, rebounding, and energy single-handedly kept GS in the game. If he doesn't bring it, this game could have gotten away from the Ws. Thought GS should have gone to him more in the 2nd half, and particularly late. It was clear by then that neither Thompson nor Curry were on, and it was also clear that the cockiness that people so dislike in Green also results in the guy being a cold blooded killer.

32 Points, 6 of 8 from 3, 5 of 7 from 2, 4 for 4 from line, 15 boards, 9 assists, 2 steals. There should be a "runner up team MVP", which would have been given to Green. Guy was a beast yesterday.

Reaction Score
Green came out during the celebration, hugged LeBron, lot of mutual respect there. It's funny because when I watch a game at that defensive level in the NBA it is so different than the college game physically. It's almost like gladiators out there, to get a foul called you have to be hammered pretty good. Think about some of the barely brush touch fouls called last season.

Reaction Score
Green came out during the celebration, hugged LeBron, lot of mutual respect there. It's funny because when I watch a game at that defensive level in the NBA it is so different than the college game physically. It's almost like gladiators out there, to get a foul called you have to be hammered pretty good. Think about some of the barely brush touch fouls called last season.

Reaction Score
No doubt.
The guy I haven't heard enough about is Draymond Green. Guy is a top 5 NBA player right now. He's a winner. He played his best game when his team needed him the most. His early shooting, rebounding, and energy single-handedly kept GS in the game. If he doesn't bring it, this game could have gotten away from the Ws. Thought GS should have gone to him more in the 2nd half, and particularly late. It was clear by then that neither Thompson nor Curry were on, and it was also clear that the cockiness that people so dislike in Green also results in the guy being a cold blooded killer.

32 Points, 6 of 8 from 3, 5 of 7 from 2, 4 for 4 from line, 15 boards, 9 assists, 2 steals. There should be a "runner up team MVP", which would have been given to Green. Guy was a beast yesterday.
He gets plenty of credit. He was great last night but probably cost his team the series with his suspension.

Reaction Score
I'll admit, I don't like LeBron. I haven't liked LeBron since around 2002.

A lot of it isn't his fault. Before he finished high school, he had a full-blown hype machine, endorsements, a regal nickname.

Some of it is his fault. The Decision was extremely self-serving. Teaming up with two of his buddies in order to win the championship he couldn't get on his own made competitors like Jordan (who I, as a fan of the early-mid 90's Knicks have a begrudging admiration of) roll over in their basketball grave.

I've rooted against him in each of the last 6 Finals, and jokingly resent Ray Allen for having made that 3 to deny San Antonio (rebounded off a LeBron miss, I might add).

That said, I couldn't help but be impressed by his performance last night and in these Finals. He knew exactly what he needed to get done, and did it. Powering to the hoop, coming out of nowhere to swat a fast break layup in crunch time, you name it. He earned a lot of respect from me last night.

As did Draymond Green. That guy is tough; the Warriors need to follow his lead and not Curry's, who played last night with the urgency of a driveway pickup game with his dad.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Do I like LeBron? No.

But, LeBron is the best player on the planet. What he did in Games 5, 6, and 7 was unreal. Kobe scored 40 in the Finals once. LeBron just did it twice against the team with the best record in basketball on 2 straight nights to force a Game 7, where he then went for a triple double and played insane defense.

I'm all for comparisons, but can you just applaud what he has just done?

Reaction Score
I'll admit, I don't like LeBron. I haven't liked LeBron since around 2002.

A lot of it isn't his fault. Before he finished high school, he had a full-blown hype machine, endorsements, a regal nickname.

Some of it is his fault. The Decision was extremely self-serving. Teaming up with two of his buddies in order to win the championship he couldn't get on his own made competitors like Jordan (who I, as a fan of the early-mid 90's Knicks have a begrudging admiration of) roll over in their basketball grave.

I've rooted against him in each of the last 6 Finals, and jokingly resent Ray Allen for having made that 3 to deny San Antonio (rebounded off a LeBron miss, I might add).

That said, I couldn't help but be impressed by his performance last night and in these Finals. He knew exactly what he needed to get done, and did it. Powering to the hoop, coming out of nowhere to swat a fast break layup in crunch time, you name it. He earned a lot of respect from me last night.

As did Draymond Green. That guy is tough; the Warriors need to follow his lead and not Curry's, who played last night with the urgency of a driveway pickup game with his dad.
So well said, very impressive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc