Lebron James | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lebron James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Great game last night. However back in my younger days it was Boston and Lakers. Byrd and Magic. I was fortunate to attend one of those games. Huge battles. MC Hale and Ainge. Nail biters. Back then people would say that the sponsors would make sure it goes 7 games for the moolah. I disagree.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Good for Cleveland and their fans. He's certainly one of the greats, at least top 10. I mean he has to be, when he went to the ground before his FT's you would have thought he was shot 10 times by someone but he somehow managed to shoot those huh?:rolleyes:
He did miss the 1st one

Reaction Score
He would struggle even during the Kareem Abdul Jabar era... players are way more athletic than during his time..
you think Mikan could handle Shaq in his prime????

Shaq would cower in fear of the great George Mikan. Mikan's set shot would be unstoppable.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
LeBron has matched what Jordan did at the same age. Just saying . . .
True, but Jordan entered the league 3 years older, still very impressive.

The main thing for me in Lebron vs MJ is that when Lebron left that original Cleveland team that was never built properly for a title, they dropped to something like 17 wins from over 60, that's an incredible disparity. Whereas when Jordan left the Bulls they still won something like 55 games and Pippen was the all star game MVP. Great teams make good players really stand out. It took Lebron a few years to learn this lesson, and he's still carrying superstars to heights they couldn't have reached alone.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
How haters can still say trash like this literally THE DAY AFTER one of the most impressive runs in finals history is beyond me. I guess some people really just irrationally hate a guy and will never change their opinion about it despite any evidence otherwise.

"Some traits I don't go for" LMAO. Did you just watch this man carry an inferior team past the greatest statistical team in NBA history, coming back from 3-1 which has also never been done before?
Dude just had a legendary (arguably best all-time) series, leading all participants in all stats, leading his team back from 3-1, winning two games in a row and closing on the road against an all-time-best 73-9 team who had only lost twice at home all throughout the regular season, to fulfill his promise of bringing a championship to his home city.

You have a problem with him getting emotional at the end of it all. You're also just making up stuff to hate on. Like any of what you're talking about has anything to do with him being the best basketball player.

God the hate in this post is just cringe-worthy. Grow up, Skip.

Haters are haters, no matter what the topic. Exhibit A:

This better be the end of transfers.... I vote for home grown chemistry...I am not a fan of players looking out for number one...go somewhere else....we don't want your baggage at UCONN.....and we don't want your attitude messing up UCONN recruits.

Reaction Score
Thats fine there is no way anyone can take Lebron out of the top 5 right.

probably. I think the days where a reasonable argument for Bird or Big O are probably gone (although it's admittedly close). Really hard to say with the centers: Wilt and Big Bill because they were so dominant in a environment where few could match their physicality.

Reaction Score
Nothing unusual there though right? He didn't even shake his wrist/hand. Thought it was dislocated to torn off the way he acted.
My biggest issue with LeBron last night was him putting up and waving his 3 fingers when he got to the podium, that was a selfish act, a self involved act, the Cavs haven't won 3 of anything, that bothered me and even though he said all the right things after the game, that action shows that he is much more concern with his own legacy than winning a title for the Cavs and the city of Cleveland.

This is coming from someone who has root and supported him throughout this year's playoffs.

Reaction Score
These conversations never end, Jordan never passed the 1st round without Scottie Pippen, he never won a title without the Zen Master. Lebron won with a rookie head coach, and 2 unproven coaches. Lebron detractors will say well Lebron had Kyrie Irving (who was awesome in this series btw), Lebron needed Ray to bail him out in 2013.

Reaction Score
My biggest issue with LeBron last night was him putting up and waving his 3 fingers when he got to the podium, that was a selfish act, a self involved act, the Cavs haven't won 3 of anything, that bothered me and even though he said all the right things after the game, that action shows that he is much more concern with his own legacy than winning a title for the Cavs and the city of Cleveland.

This is coming from someone who has root and supported him throughout this year's playoffs.

So what, you have to have a bit of an ego to win as an NBA superstar, without that mindset the Cavs dont come back in the series, Lebron did the anti 2011 Finals performance where he had shied away and was too nice in that series.

Reaction Score

The sudden move to the floor in prayer like kneel too, sorry wasn't real. He's a great player as all say, tremendous, but even when Doris asked the question how the Cav's did it he thought to answer about how HE focused not the team. He has become all about him, not different from others mind you, but he's not as humble as so many believe him to be. He was at one time, huge change though.

Reaction Score
So what, you have to have a bit of an ego to win as an NBA superstar, without that mindset the Cavs dont come back in the series, Lebron did the anti 2011 Finals performance where he had shied away and was too nice in that series.
Not a good look in my view...

Not that it took away from any of his greatness, Like I've said over the last few months all over all these NBA threads, LeBron is one of the greatest 3 NBA players of all time.

Greatest athlete in any sport that I've ever seen besides Michael Jordan, haven't seen anyone better, guy is unreal.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Now as for this championship, I give him credit for winning his first chip!!! Yup i dont count the 2 with the heat (just my personal opinion). PLaying with Kyrie (not known as a great defender) and Love (another defensively challenged, and sometimes offensively challenged player), Tristain Thompson (overrated at best), and Jr Smith (nuff said). Taking a group that like and turning them into a championship team after being down 3-1? This is a championship he earned.

I guess by this logic Kobe doesn't have 6 titles then since the ones with Shaq don't count. And Curry is at 0 too because he has Thompson, Green, and Iguodala on his teams.

Yeah it's your personal opinion, but what a moronic opinion to have.

Reaction Score
The sudden move to the floor in prayer like kneel too, sorry wasn't real. He's a great player as all say, tremendous, but even when Doris asked the question how the Cav's did it he thought to answer about how HE focused not the team. He has become all about him, not different from others mind you, but he's not as humble as so many believe him to be. He was at one time, huge change though.

Who in their right mind thinks he's humble? He was anointed the second coming when he was about 16 years old, which was probably the last time anyone could credibly call him "humble." It has not been a word associated with him for the duration of his professional career, so I'm not sure what this "huge change" is.

The best basketball player on earth who lives his life surrounded by yes-men and sycophants has an ego. It would be weird if he didn't at this point. Dissecting his reaction to winning a championship for the freaking Cleveland Cavaliers - a city so known for losing that it was the subject of a 30 for 30 and a team that immediately became the worst in the NBA when he left - is some peak Rick Reilly / Phil Mushnick type stuff.

Reaction Score
Who in their right mind thinks he's humble? He was anointed the second coming when he was about 16 years old, which was probably the last time anyone could credibly call him "humble." It has not been a word associated with him for the duration of his professional career, so I'm not sure what this "huge change" is.

The best basketball player on earth who lives his life surrounded by yes-men and sycophants has an ego. It would be weird if he didn't at this point. Dissecting his reaction to winning a championship for the freaking Cleveland Cavaliers - a city so known for losing that it was the subject of a 30 for 30 and a team that immediately became the worst in the NBA when he left - is some peak Rick Reilly / Phil Mushnick type stuff.

He was a very humble young man coming in and was until he decided to build his team in Miami. Call it what you want and really how would I expect you to agree with anything from anyone. And I did say "no different from others" not sure if you saw that or not? But anyway keep it coming then you can move onto 99 to tell him how he finally posted something worthy for you to read:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Not a good look in my view...

Not that it took away from any of his greatness, Like I've said over the last few months all over all these NBA threads, LeBron is one of the greatest 3 NBA players of all time.

Greatest athlete in any sport that I've ever seen besides Michael Jordan, haven't seen anyone better, guy is unreal.

The thing is we kill Lebron for being passive and being too nice of a guy i.e. 2011 Finals, the other day listening to Felger and Mazz they were killing Lebron for not having a killer instinct, he was a cold blooded assassin in these finals. One reason he went back to Cleveland was because he wanted to finish business obviously, also because he didnt want to be viewed as a guy who couldn't win a title without Wade or on a Riley team. We killed Lebron for joining forces in Miami being selfish when he was actually taking less money and not being the face of the franchise, now Lebron wanted to win it as the guy and knew what it took to do it. I dont disagree with Lebron having an ego but so did a lot of stars Jordan even Magic, Magic was the first star player to get a coach fired.

Reaction Score
The thing is we kill Lebron for being passive and being too nice of a guy i.e. 2011 Finals, the other day listening to Felger and Mazz they were killing Lebron for not having a killer instinct, he was a cold blooded assassin in these finals. One reason he went back to Cleveland was because he wanted to finish business obviously, also because he didnt want to be viewed as a guy who couldn't win a title without Wade or on a Riley team. We killed Lebron for joining forces in Miami being selfish when he was actually taking less money and not being the face of the franchise, now Lebron wanted to win it as the guy and knew what it took to do it. I dont disagree with Lebron having an ego but so did a lot of stars Jordan even Magic, Magic was the first star player to get a coach fired.
I haven't killed LeBron at all and I am not for this...just thought it wasn't a good look when he did that, not gonna lie about it.

When I saw him do that my initial reaction is why would he do that since this is the first with the Cavs, then I thought about it and it was an obvious selfish gesture, self involved gesture, which is fine, I just don't think it's a good look.

Reaction Score
I haven't killed LeBron at all and I am not for this...just thought it wasn't a good look when he did that, not gonna lie about it.

When I saw him do that my initial reaction is why would he do that since this is the first with the Cavs, then I thought about it and it was an obvious selfish gesture, self involved gesture, which is fine, I just don't think it's a good look.

Ok I guess I won't change your opinion, maybe he got caught up in winning the title it happens. There is so much pressure on the guy pressure that none of us will ever know, pressure that a lot of athletes will never know. He looked emotionally and physically exhausted he played the entire game pretty much and was playing on fumes.

Reaction Score
Ok I guess I won't change your opinion, maybe he got caught up in winning the title it happens. There is so much pressure on the guy pressure that none of us will ever know, pressure that a lot of athletes will never know. He looked emotionally and physically exhausted he played the entire game pretty much and was playing on fumes.
Guy played his heart out...

Made the impossible possible, down 3-1 in NBA finals verse the greatest regular season team of all time and the defending champion...

What does he do...

Game 5- 40+
Game 6- 40+
Game 7- Triple Double

Lead the series amongst both teams in all stats;

Assists
Steals
Blocks

1st time ever...

Highest rated game in NBA history...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

He's not humble at all. It's understandable of course. People have been calling him 'The King' since he was in 8th grade.

The thing that bothers me, is that he actually TRIES to be the center of attention. He actually TRIES to make what he's doing seem more difficult/impressive than it already is. He wants you to know that he played hurt. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he missed that first free throw on purpose, in order to make the second one more important/impressive, dramatic, whatever [note: I don't think he actually did that, just that it would not surprised me in the least]. He needs you to know that he that he gutted it out, against all odds. Contrast that to a guy like Jordan (extremely egotistical in his own right) who is just trying to rip your heart out.

Lebron is the Christiano Ronaldo of the basketball world. He too, will likely build a museum to himself in Cleveland.

I don't hate Lebron per se. His game speaks for itself. He's not a bad person, doesn't get arrested, beat his wife, or anything like that. I just dislike him because he's a complete tool bag.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin