Lebron James | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lebron James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would put wilt and Russell ahead of Lebron. I know, Lebron is crazy good but Russell won 11 nba championships and averaged 22 rebounds a game for his career. Also won 5 mvps.

Chamberlain averaged 50 points a game one season and led the nba in assists in another.

1. Jordan
2. Wilt
3. Russell
4. Magic
5. Lebron

Reaction Score
I would put wilt and Russell ahead of Lebron. I know, Lebron is crazy good but Russell won 11 nba championships and averaged 22 rebounds a game for his career. Also won 5 mvps.

Chamberlain averaged 50 points a game one season and led the nba in assists in another.

1. Jordan
2. Wilt
3. Russell
4. Magic
5. Lebron

This list is painful. I won't get into the ranking, but you may not be aware there was a guy who won 6 MVPs, 6 Titles, Set the all-time scoring record, and Magic never won a title without him.

Reaction Score
Just another Wilt? Wilt was the most dominant player of all-time.

and so is Lebron, Wilt has 2 rings and come up short in the Finals a lot that is who Lebron would be viewed as which isn't a bad thing, your not looking at it closely. Lebron would be looked at as a once in a generation talent that won only a few rings, thats how much this title means during his career, now do I think Lebron is top 5 all-time whether he won this title or not yes, but the consensus would be that Lebron isn't a top 5-10 player if he didnt win this title. Now he is a no brainer top 5 player in my eyes top 3 right now.

Reaction Score
Sorry but there is just something about Lebron that doesn't get my vote. No question about his talent and package......but there are some traits I just don't go for. There is still too much of a me-me savior attitude with his persona.
The sprawled out on the floor blubbering talk at the end of the game I can deal without.
The phantom injury which had him squabbling on the ground like he lost his left arm and then seal the game with a free throw minutes later.
The numerous flops, stare downs and unnecessary whining.
I'll take Bird or Russell any day as honorable men on the court over the dramatic antics......win or lose.
Best player?.....nah....not here.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Sorry but there is just something about Lebron that doesn't get my vote. No question about his talent and package.but there are some traits I just don't go for. There is still too much of a me-me savior attitude with his persona.
The sprawled out on the floor blubbering talk at the end of the game I can deal without.
The phantom injury which had him squabbling on the ground like he lost his left arm and then seal the game with a free throw minutes later.
I'll take Bird or Russell any day as honorable men on the court over the dramatic antics.win or lose.
Lebron is doing just like any other player... how easily we forget the "flu-game", Pippens lugging him back to the bench etc.

its ok if King James isn't your favorite but dont blindly neglect his skills with all the "antics" you say he performs... he's a legend and Im a Lakers fan

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I am not getting into the best player ever debate, but I liked James from High School. Every player has their own theatrics. Hey the guy got emotional. How many times did they show the coach with his face buried in a towel for 15 minutes, at least. Didn't see anybody go over to him. Great game. The only person in sports I am up in the air about is Doris Burke. One minute I like listening to her the other I cannot stand her. Lebron is over come with emotion on the floor for at least 10 minutes, hugging players tears all over his face. Doris Burke:" So Lebron, tell us how you felt after time expired" It kills me to hear stupid questions. Maybe I am getting to old.

Reaction Score
LeBron is hardly the most humble guy on the planet. But his humility to greatness/fame ratio is probably up there with any of the stars to ever play sport. With the way he has been hyped since the age of 16, it's a miracle he doesn't strut around like Floyd Mayweather.

Reaction Score
I've seen some strange comments about Bird, Kobe, and Magic in comparison to LeBron....

LeBron is better than all of them, it's not even a conversation...

Jordan
Russell
Wilt
Abdul-Jabbar
James

Those are my 5 in no particular order....

All 4 or more MVP's, all have multiple titles.....

Next group...

Oscar
Magic
Bird
Hakeem
Shaq
Bryant
West
Duncan

Again in no particular order, top 13 players of all time....

Reaction Score
I'm truely what one might call a Lebron hater. I always root against him and strongly dislike him as the person he's shown himself to be over time in the NBA. However there is no denying his greatestness. I'm not going to rank him or anything, but clearly he is one of the all-time greats talent wise.

Now as for this championship, I give him credit for winning his first chip!!! Yup i dont count the 2 with the heat (just my personal opinion). PLaying with Kyrie (not known as a great defender) and Love (another defensively challenged, and sometimes offensively challenged player), Tristain Thompson (overrated at best), and Jr Smith (nuff said). Taking a group that like and turning them into a championship team after being down 3-1? This is a championship he earned.

Reaction Score
Happy LeBron put the city of Cleveland on his back.. pretty much the entire state of Ohio... Brought a championship there... So many critics...

Game 7 should've easily trumped the Warriors/Thunder game 7 in the Western Conference finals one would think.. Everyybody (me included initially, since the Western Conference has been so dominant lately) thought the real Finals was during that series... NOT...

Reaction Score
Happy LeBron put the city of Cleveland on his back.. pretty much the entire state of Ohio... Brought a championship there... So many critics...

Game 7 should've easily trumped the Warriors/Thunder game 7 in the Western Conference finals one would think.. Everyybody (me included initially, since the Western Conference has been so dominant lately) thought the real Finals was during that series... NOT...

Reaction Score
Haters quick to say Kyrie should be MVP. Embarrassing. Lebron dominated game 5 (yes, with a dominant performance from Kyrie as well), and 6 to force a game 7. Didn't have his shot going but played a great 2 way game. Hit 3 FT and made a HUGE 3 to make it 89-87 Cavs. And then the all time hustle play to block Igoudala. What a play. Unreal series from the King. I'm young and certainly biased considering Lebron is my favorite player and has been for quite some time now. I haven't witnessed many of the all time greats but when you only consider ON the court talent/skill I find it hard to believe any one was better than Lebron besides MJ. Either way, love him or hate him, appreciate that we just saw history in epic fashion. What. A. Game.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Sorry but there is just something about Lebron that doesn't get my vote. No question about his talent and package.but there are some traits I just don't go for. There is still too much of a me-me savior attitude with his persona.
I'll take Bird or Russell any day as honorable men on the court over the dramatic antics.win or lose.
How haters can still say trash like this literally THE DAY AFTER one of the most impressive runs in finals history is beyond me. I guess some people really just irrationally hate a guy and will never change their opinion about it despite any evidence otherwise.

"Some traits I don't go for" LMAO. Did you just watch this man carry an inferior team past the greatest statistical team in NBA history, coming back from 3-1 which has also never been done before?

Reaction Score
LeBron, athletically, is probably the greatest of the bunch.. He can play AND guard ALL 5 positions... ALL FIVE... He just hasn't had a supporting cast to win it all everytime he gets to the finals.. and this ain't gonna be the last time he gets there folks.. I see at least 3 more times.. By the time he's done one would have a legit gripe on considering LeBron the greatest to ever play the game... ever....

Reaction Score
maybe a little OT, but was he ever considering going to college? If so, which program had the inside track on him? Assume TOSU?

Reaction Score
Good for Cleveland and their fans. He's certainly one of the greats, at least top 10. I mean he has to be, when he went to the ground before his FT's you would have thought he was shot 10 times by someone but he somehow managed to shoot those huh?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Dude just had a legendary (arguably best all-time) series, leading all participants in all stats, leading his team back from 3-1, winning two games in a row and closing on the road against an all-time-best 73-9 team who had only lost twice at home all throughout the regular season, to fulfill his promise of bringing a championship to his home city.

You have a problem with him getting emotional at the end of it all. You're also just making up stuff to hate on. Like any of what you're talking about has anything to do with him being the best basketball player.

God the hate in this post is just cringe-worthy. Grow up, Skip.

Reaction Score
The pendulum really swung with this win, lose this game and Lebron is another Wilt, West or Oscar Robertson, now this title puts him at least 3rd alltime in my eyes behind MJ and right there with Magic.

I dont think we are giving Tim Duncan enough credit. He had a quiet fiery edge that doesn't often get mentioned in the same breath as Kobe or Jordan but I think he had every bit the same amount of killer instinct. When Duncan came up with a big shot it was normally a boring hook shot, bank shot from the wing, or a fadeway as opposed to the uber athletic and spectacular plays Kobe, MJ, or LBJ will give you. LBJ is still no higher than 5th all time in my humble opinion.

Reaction Score
I dont think we are giving Tim Duncan enough credit. He had a quiet fiery edge that doesn't often get mentioned in the same breath as Kobe or Jordan but I think he had every bit the same amount of killer instinct. When Duncan came up with a big shot it was normally a boring hook shot, bank shot from the wing, or a fadeway as opposed to the uber athletic and spectacular plays Kobe, MJ, or LBJ will give you. LBJ is still no higher than 5th all time in my humble opinion.

Thats fine there is no way anyone can take Lebron out of the top 5 right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom